RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#11 Oregon @ #1 Stanford - 1/08/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/08/21 2:12 am    ::: #11 Oregon @ #1 Stanford - 1/08/21 Reply Reply with quote

Santa Cruz, CA - 2:30 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network (Krista Blunk, Mary Murphy)

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2021/01/08/oregon-stanford (tvpli)

Audio:
https://tunein.com/radio/Stanford-Womens-Basketball-s308788/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=321308

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/08/21 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so we get Krista and Mary...well, if I can't stand it, I will go to either of the colleges' radio.

Shades listed the Stanford version above. (thanks Shades)

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/08/21 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford has scored its most points through the first nine games of the season since 1994-95, and fourth most to this juncture in program history

The Cardinal stayed at No. 1 in the latest AP Top-25, its 23nd appearance all-time at the top spot in program history, ranking 10th-most all-time.

Stanford is 55-14 in its all-time series with the Ducks, but has lost three in a row and five of the last six against Oregon, including three defeats last year. Last season saw dominating victories for the Ducks in Eugene and at the Pac-12 Tournament, while Stanford fell by eight in Maples Pavilion. The Cardinal’s last win over Oregon in the regular season was in Eugene on Feb. 4, 2018. Stanford has never lost four straight games to Oregon.

All 12 players suiting up for the Cardinal this season are averaging at least six minutes per game.

Stanford has not allowed more than 61 points through its first nine games of the season for the first time since 1974-75, its first collegiate season, and has won each of its first nine games by at least eight points for the first time since 2009-10.

Cameron Brink’s 95 points through her first eight games is the most for a Stanford freshman since Kayla Pedersen in 2007. Her five blocks at Arizona are the most for a Stanford player since Alanna Smith at Colorado on January 25, 2019.

Stanford’s 81-54 victory on Friday at No. 6 Arizona is its largest against a team ranked that high since an 89-52 victory over No. 4 Xavier on Dec. 28, 2010. Its the largest road victory against a team ranked that high in program history. Its 25 made free throws vs. the Wildcats are the most since Nov. 29, 2015.

Not only is Stanford currently ranked No. 1 as a team, it’s near the top in several statistical categories, ranking fourth in total assists (183), total blocks (55), field goal percentage defense (30.1) and scoring margin (+33.7), fifth in assists per game (20.3), sixth in assist to turnover ratio (1.59), seventh in rebound margin (+16.2) and eighth in scoring defense (51.8).

EXCEPT: Wackypedia says that Stanford is actually a semi-pro team that floats around hotels and motels in the West, because its players never attend a class or set foot on its campus. For example, this "home" game is being played in Santa Cruz not at Stanford. CAVEAT: The information in this paragraph may be wrong and is subject to welcome correction.
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so Hull, Jerome, and Jump out for contact tracing.
Yuck tooie.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford came out looking totally tentative. I assume it will get better.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does anybody really think the roaring in the background somehow adds to the ambiance of the game?

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/08/21 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, it's phony, like so much this "season".

1H was a decent defensive battle between two good teams. Jones is smooth while Belibi is rough. Van Gytenbeek is much better than her national reputation, which is non-existent.

Sabally is not Sabally. Paopao looks good. Ducks can't hit chippies: 3-10 on layups.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/08/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford slowly pulling ahead in 3Q with its unfathomable depth of talent.
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stanford slowly pulling ahead in 3Q with its unfathomable depth of talent.

except today we only have eight players.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Sabally is not Sabally.

Like most big posts, she needs to learn some 'moves'. She keeps trying to go str8 up and overpower her defender, but it leaves her vulnerable to blocks. JMO

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parrish leading a comeback. She looks like a tremendous shooter and can't miss.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 01/08/21 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parrish can be awesome. WHERE THE HELL ARE BOLEY AND MIKESELL FROM THE ARC WHEN WE NEED THEM MOST!! Evil or Very Mad

The Cardinal are certainly doing what they need to do.

PostPosted: 01/08/21 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We totally missed Lexi Hull in this one. She is a great steadying influence, scorer and brings all those intangibles that are sorely missed when absent.

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/08/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford did not dominate and Oregon probably did as good a defensive job as anyone could against them. However, I concur that Stanford is the #1 team right now, as I haven't seen anyone I could say with confidence is any better. They have many more decent outside shooters than UConn, for example.

Sabally2 apparently isn't the arc threat that Sabally1 was.

Kiana Williams seems to miss a lot for such a hyped player. I haven't watched her enough to determine whether she simply doesn't have a good touch or just takes a lot of low quality attempts.
Howee

PostPosted: 01/08/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats, murdle. Evil or Very Mad

Definitely a killer Q3 for the ducks. For Boley, Mikesell AND Shelley to TOTAL a 0-4 from 3s is NOT a promising formula for victory. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 01/08/21 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stanford did not dominate and Oregon probably did as good a defensive job as anyone could against them. However, I concur that Stanford is the #1 team right now, as I haven't seen anyone I could say with confidence is any better. They have many more decent outside shooters than UConn, for example.

Sabally2 apparently isn't the arc threat that Sabally1 was.

Kiana Williams seems to miss a lot for such a hyped player. I haven't watched her enough to determine whether she simply doesn't have a good touch or just takes a lot of low quality attempts.

Ki has been in a 3 point slump most of this year. Normally she's quite a threat even from way outside the arc.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One positive thing from today was Prechtal. She played better than she has all year IMO. That was very helpful with our short bench.

I'm still not convinced that trying to play so much thru Belibi on the offensive end is a good thing. She can make a spectacular move/shot once in awhile, but can also totally bobble decent passes or miss bunnies other times. And some of the passes intended for her are telegraphed so much that they get picked off. It's frustrating to watch. I know Tara wants to have an inside/outside game...but ....well, maybe just not quite as often. And I thought we played much better when we had two posts in the game. Part of that was missing Lexi Hull who essentially plays the 4 for us even though she's a guard, but I think against some teams it will be good to have two posts. Early in the game, Oregon got way too many O-boards.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/21 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so we get Krista and Mary...well, if I can't stand it, I will go to either of the colleges' radio.

Not sure if I'm just building up immunity or if Mary has turned it down a notch. She only got wound up blathering so much a couple of times that I reached fpr the mute. For the most part I didn't mind the commentary. Maybe Krista is a good partner for her to help tone it down.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 01/08/21 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a side note: just between these 2 teams, there were 11 freshmen or sophomores who made significant contributions. Pretty amazing young talent, I'd say....Pac 12 oughtta be REEEALLY strong for a long time.

PostPosted: 01/09/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Not sure if I'm just building up immunity or if Mary has turned it down a notch. She only got wound up blathering so much a couple of times that I reached fpr the mute. For the most part I didn't mind the commentary. Maybe Krista is a good partner for her to help tone it down.

I find Mary to be so bad that I listen to her so I can laugh. I'd take her any day of the week though over Antonelli.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: