RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/02/21 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgetown at Villanova for today was a late postponement due to contact tracing.

Not much info given so no idea if this was due to a Covid case for Georgetown or Villanova - https://guhoyas.com/news/2021/1/2/saturdays-womens-basketball-game-postponed.aspx

Villanova last played a game 12/22 against UCONN but Georgetown just played Butler on Thursday.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/02/21 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was an unusual one - North Dakota and Kansas City were supposed to play two games this weekend but agreed to play only one game this weekend due to contact tracing and roster limitations for North Dakota.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/1/1/this-weekends-womens-basketball-contests-against-kansas-city-reduced-to-single-game.aspx

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/02/21 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SMU, following Duke's lead, has shit-canned its season. They started 0-6 anyway so that may have influenced the decision.

- Amanda Gorman
mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/03/21 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida State ll (pause button)

taropatch

PostPosted: 01/03/21 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Big West openers for Hawaii vs. Cal Poly postponed. Wahine would've been on the road, Warriors (men) would have hosted. Mustangs have Covid issues.

BW opener for Hawaii Rainbow Wahine postponed again. Our turn to screw up. Someone tested positive. Sorry UC-Riverside.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/03/21 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Georgetown at Villanova for today was a late postponement due to contact tracing.

Not much info given so no idea if this was due to a Covid case for Georgetown or Villanova - https://guhoyas.com/news/2021/1/2/saturdays-womens-basketball-game-postponed.aspx

Villanova last played a game 12/22 against UCONN but Georgetown just played Butler on Thursday.

Apparently the issue was with Georgetown as the Big East is having DePaul and Villanova play tomorrow as both had games canceled this weekend - DePaul was supposed to play at Marquette today. The release about DePaul-Villanova - https://www.bigeast.com/news/2021/1/3/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-announces-schedule-change.aspx

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/03/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville is going to play UT-Martin for a second time this season after their game against North Carolina was canceled for the second time this season (first time due to Louisville's Covid issues):

https://gocards.com/news/2021/1/3/louisville-womens-basketball-to-host-ut-martin-on-tuesday.aspx

North Carolina's release about their Covid cancellations:

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2021/01/sports-wbb-covid-postponment-breaking

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/04/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More Big East schedule changes after Georgetown cancels games against Providence and Xavier this week due to contact tracing.

Providence will now play at Creighton Wednesday (Marquette was originally supposed to play at Creighton that day but is paused now due to a Covid case) and Xavier will now play at Villanova Saturday (Marquette was supposed to play Villanova Saturday orginally).

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2021/1/4/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-announces-schedule-change.aspx

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/05/21 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More Oregon State games postponed due to lingering COVID-19 issues

Quote:
Oregon State women’s basketball will continue to pause its program this week because of a COVID-19 outbreak, forcing the Beavers to postpone road games against No. 1 Stanford and California.

Weird seeing Oregon State's program struggle so bad, since the whole state of Oregon has done a reasonably good job of handling the pandemic within its borders.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/05/21 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
More Big East schedule changes after Georgetown cancels games against Providence and Xavier this week due to contact tracing.

Providence will now play at Creighton Wednesday (Marquette was originally supposed to play at Creighton that day but is paused now due to a Covid case) and Xavier will now play at Villanova Saturday (Marquette was supposed to play Villanova Saturday orginally).

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2021/1/4/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-announces-schedule-change.aspx

Never mind about the added providence Creighton game. Creighton just canceled three games due to a Covid case. I think that leaves Providence and DePaul as the only Big East schools to not have a pause during the season due to Covid.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/05/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU at Towson today (1/5/21) cancelled because of the usual. Towson's men's program has had several games cancelled because of the same. So has JMU's men's program. The Dukes' women's program has been clean so far.

PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCONN at BAYLOR 1/7 cancelled

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

starting to wonder if we will play a league game at home all season.

Quote:
Stanford's next game against Oregon on Friday, Jan. 8, will take place in Santa Cruz, California, at Kaiser Permanente Arena, home of the Santa Cruz Warriors, the Golden State Warriors' G-League affiliate. Tipoff has been moved to 11:30 a.m. The Cardinal relocated its training and competitions beginning in early December, after the Santa Clara County Public Health Department's Nov. 28 emergency directive.

Additionally, the Cardinal's Jan. 10 game against Oregon State has been postponed indefinitely due to COVID-19 testing and contact tracing protocols within the Beavers' program.

The Cardinal's trip to Washington has also been altered, as Stanford will flip the order of its Washington/Washington State weekend series, while adding a game against the Cougars in Pullman, making up for a postponement from December.

so it's smart for OrSU to not come down. It looks like the league will later schedule 2 games in Corvallis instead of a home-away. I guess I shouldn't complain so long as we keep winning. But I wonder if a #1 team has ever had to play so many road games with none at home.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
UCONN at BAYLOR 1/7 cancelled

shit!
was so looking forward to this.
The problem not surprisingly is on the Baylor side.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like Mulkey did everything right and if this is all true, she didn't have any contact with the team after exposure...so not sure why they have to pause.

Quote:

BAYLOR HEAD COACH KIM MULKEY'S STATEMENT
"On December 25, I was exposed to COVID-19 by a family member who tested positive. I immediately self-quarantined and did not re-join the team when our staff and players came back from our holiday break on December 28. I produced three negative tests leading up to our game at TCU, Jan. 2. However, I decided that it was important to continue quarantining in case the virus took time to come to fruition. I tested positive yesterday (Jan. 4) and will now isolate. If I have no symptoms, I will re-join the program on January 15. While I am disappointed and hate to be away from the program, Baylor women's basketball is in good hands with our coaches and support staff. The safety of our student-athletes is paramount and will take precedent over any basketball activity during this pandemic."

- Amanda Gorman
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It sounds like Mulkey did everything right and if this is all true, she didn't have any contact with the team after exposure...so not sure why they have to pause.

Quote:

"On December 25, I was exposed to COVID-19 by a family member who tested positive. I immediately self-quarantined and did not re-join the team when our staff and players came back from our holiday break on December 28. I produced three negative tests leading up to our game at TCU, Jan. 2. However, I decided that it was important to continue quarantining in case the virus took time to come to fruition. I tested positive yesterday (Jan. 4) and will now isolate. If I have no symptoms, I will re-join the program on January 15. While I am disappointed and hate to be away from the program, Baylor women's basketball is in good hands with our coaches and support staff. The safety of our student-athletes is paramount and will take precedent over any basketball activity during this pandemic."

If this was the only exposure, then wtffffffff? This is completely out of hand. Every single large retailer in the US has covid cases, they don't close, the rest of the employees still work, and they go about their life.

I get that we need to be safe, but this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno should fly the team to Louisville and play the Cardinals, who are playing right now, and whose Thurs game with Pitt was postponed, and next play on the 10th. (LOU-CT Dec 4th was covid-cancelled).

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Geno should fly the team to Louisville and play the Cardinals, who are playing right now, and whose Thurs game with Pitt was postponed, and next play on the 10th. (LOU-CT Dec 4th was covid-cancelled).

great idea!

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/05/21 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Quote:

The ESPN story I read said she returned to team activities Monday which included a Covid test. It sounded to me from that article that she may have been around team members and staff on Monday.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

re Baylor. My thought is that if all the ladies were allowed to go home for Christmas, like it sounds, then there could well be other exposure(s), and Mulkey is just taking the heat for the whole team.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/05/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
re Baylor. My thought is that if all the ladies were allowed to go home for Christmas, like it sounds, then there could well be other exposure(s), and Mulkey is just taking the heat for the whole team.

Texas being what it is right now it seems to me it would be dangerous to be in proximity to just about anyone since over half the population there is running around unmasked. Just saying.

PostPosted: 01/05/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Texas being what it is right now it seems to me it would be dangerous to be in proximity to just about anyone since over half the population there is running around unmasked. Just saying.

From Texas, can confirm, probably closer to 60-65% of people running around unmasked. Rolling Eyes
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/05/21 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the ESPN article that mentions Mulkey returning to team activiites yesterday:

Mulkey missed Saturday's 74-50 victory at TCU because of COVID-19 contact tracing. Baylor said she tested negative three times leading up to the TCU game but decided to remain in quarantine. When she returned to team activities Monday, which included a COVID-19 test, her results were positive.

Full article link - https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30657245/thursday-uconn-huskies-vs-baylor-bears-matchup-canceled-kim-mulkey-tests-positive-covid-19

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/05/21 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

That is a very charitable approach.

(now with spelling variations)
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/05/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Jeff Walz was actually soliciting games earlier in the year when he had cancellations. I'm sure he'd be up for it. Geno, make it happen!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: