RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#5 South Carolina @ Alabama - 1/04/21

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55626



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 12:02 am    ::: #5 South Carolina @ Alabama - 1/04/21 Reply Reply with quote

Tuscaloosa, AL - 7:00 PM ET
TV: SEC Network (Eric Frede, Tamika Catchings)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=9766faf9-2847-4d5f-a145-dd1c6fe7e57d (tvpli)

Audio:
https://rolltide.com/watch/?Live=3404&type=Live

Live stats:
https://rolltide.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1080
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tonight's game will be the 1st of 3 SEC games this week for the Gamecocks - they host Georgia this Thursday, then go back out on the road to Lexington this Sunday to play 13th-ranked Kentucky.

The 3 opponents are a combined 26-2 at this point - Alabama's schedule has been pretty soft, and UGA's has been a bit tougher, but still 3 SEC games in a week as physical as they tend to be will be a challenge....


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 6134
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An important test for Alabama's Jasmine Walker if she wants to move up the draft board. So far against P5 teams, she had a good game against Oklahoma State and a decent one against Missouri. A good game against the Gamecocks would really put her on people's radar.



_________________
Aside from separately going on trial for murder and treason, Aaron Burr seemed like a pretty nice guy.
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1967
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of the Draft, I see Catchings is on the call again tonight. As Indiana’s GM, I hope for their sake she’s been making time to do some international scouting despite her busy broadcast schedule. Indiana has 6 draft picks – surely they aren’t all gonna be wasted on non-deferral collegiate players if Indiana can’t get rid of any of the picks come Draft night. Laughing



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1080
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks lead 20-17 after one quarter of play.....


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1080
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks lead 37-26 at the halftime break....


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1080
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks extend their lead to 59-45 after 3 quarters, but are shooting horribly at the FT line tonight....


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1080
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/21 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina wins 77-60. Didn't shoot very well overall, and shot horribly at the FT line. Left AT LEAST 10 free cheap points on the floor at the charity stripe tonight, but we get out alive....


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1820
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/21 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
South Carolina wins 77-60. Didn't shoot very well overall, and shot horribly at the FT line. Left AT LEAST 10 free cheap points on the floor at the charity stripe tonight, but we get out alive....


Is that an on-going theme for SC, FT shooting? This is the worst UCONN FT shooting team I've ever seen and I'm wondering if other teams are experiencing this?


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27477



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/21 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
South Carolina wins 77-60. Didn't shoot very well overall, and shot horribly at the FT line. Left AT LEAST 10 free cheap points on the floor at the charity stripe tonight, but we get out alive....


Is that an on-going theme for SC, FT shooting? This is the worst UCONN FT shooting team I've ever seen and I'm wondering if other teams are experiencing this?


There are exceptions of course. but it 'feels' like FT shooting has not been a point of emphasis for awhile nationwide. Which is strange because some games are clearly won/lost at the line. And those shots are after all 'free' - but maybe not sexy enough for young kids.

In my day we ran 'suicides' for missed FTs so it definitely was a point of emphasis. Somehow I doubt that is happening now.



_________________
For there is always light,
if only we’re brave enough to see it.
If only we’re brave enough to be it.
- Amanda Gorman
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1820
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/21 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
South Carolina wins 77-60. Didn't shoot very well overall, and shot horribly at the FT line. Left AT LEAST 10 free cheap points on the floor at the charity stripe tonight, but we get out alive....


Is that an on-going theme for SC, FT shooting? This is the worst UCONN FT shooting team I've ever seen and I'm wondering if other teams are experiencing this?


There are exceptions of course. but it 'feels' like FT shooting has not been a point of emphasis for awhile nationwide. Which is strange because some games are clearly won/lost at the line. And those shots are after all 'free' - but maybe not sexy enough for young kids.

In my day we ran 'suicides' for missed FTs so it definitely was a point of emphasis. Somehow I doubt that is happening now.


I agree, 110% and it's what I was getting at. I bet the NBA trends are down which in turns makes the rest of basketball down, since they have the most influence.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin