RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/20 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://youtube.com/embed/5pSmwq_13uE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 11/13/20 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ciy81z0eoPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 11/15/20 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amend the Constitution to Prevent Another Trump

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2020-11-13/democrats-should-amend-the-constitution-to-prevent-another-trump

Quote:
The last four years have shown how little presidential misbehavior is constrained by law.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/15/20 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Amend the Constitution to Prevent Another Trump

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2020-11-13/democrats-should-amend-the-constitution-to-prevent-another-trump

Quote:
The last four years have shown how little presidential misbehavior is constrained by law.

Quote:
Finally, the amendment should prevent presidents from pardoning themselves, their families, their staffs and campaign officials, and perhaps even major donors to their campaigns.

Bill Clinton pardoned Marc Rich, convicted of massive tax fraud and on the run in Europe, who was the husband of Denise Eisenberg Rich. His wife had made substantial donations to both the Clinton library and Hillary Clinton's senate campaign. So I guess that is why the author said "perhaps even" with regard to pardoning major donors. You could also go with "the president can't pardon anybody" or "anybody he has any link to even if that travels through multiple people".

Dubya Bush and his regime committed war crimes and were re-elected. Seems like the author should have added "war crimes are a disqualifier".

tfan

PostPosted: 11/15/20 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

But I have a feeling they won't be able to control themselves. That he'll be like a drug to them and they'll keep going back for their fix...

Railing about Trump is good for news show ratings and Democratic politicians welcome the opportunity to talk about something other than divisive issues like tax rates, illegal alien amnesty, job export, and increased government subsidy of health care. But they won't be able to go 24/7 on an out-of-office Trump. They will be forced to talk about some issues unless they substitute a group of Republican Senators, notably Mcconnell.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/20/20 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7EMH31JvERo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/20 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Reich's insights, and he's spot on here, too. His closing ideas -- about Biden fixing the systemic problems that led to a Trump win 4 years ago -- are also spot on, even if nearly impossible.

PostPosted: 11/27/20 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vVR2_JyVzHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/27/20 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vVR2_JyVzHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only time he takes questions is when he's sitting at that teensy, tiny desk with the Presidential Seal stapled to the desk. So of course he throws a little tantrum.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 11/27/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The tiny desk isn't new. It's usually used when extra room is needed for guests:

PostPosted: 12/05/20 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An SNL skit couldn’t top this for comedy.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G2f3aw9rk30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 12/05/20 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Really. They may just *try* it, though....Kate M. typically plays Rudy, but I'd think she oughtta play the blond bimbo. Laughing

PostPosted: 12/05/20 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G2f3aw9rk30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that's the best that Trump has, he needs to go into hiding now!!!!!!

Between her "testimony" and Rudy farting Trump is doomed...and I love it!!!!!

Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 01/03/21 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Audio of the president pressuring and threatening Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to change the elections results:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/audio-trump-berates-ga-secretary-of-state-urges-him-to-find-votes/2021/01/03/aba64f5f-8c3c-490f-af34-618ccea732d7_video.html

PostPosted: 01/03/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Audio of the president pressuring and threatening Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to change the elections results:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/audio-trump-berates-ga-secretary-of-state-urges-him-to-find-votes/2021/01/03/aba64f5f-8c3c-490f-af34-618ccea732d7_video.html

This is no surprise. This is key to whatever success Trump has had in life. He constantly bullies until he gets what he wants. How it could be not considered tampering in this case, I don’t know.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/03/21 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

This is no surprise. This is key to whatever success Trump has had in life. He constantly bullies until he gets what he wants. How it could be not considered tampering in this case, I don’t know.

Right now, well, not exactly right now, like next year, the best thing for this country in the long term would be for Trump to be prosecuted and put in jail. Decisive as hell but, like the Lester Holt interview where he admitted to firing Comey to stop the Russia investigation, on the surface, it seems like this is or should be the smoking gun criminal act that should put Trump in jail.

Except when you actually hear the recording. Because, as in so many other instances, what you actually hear is much more inconclusive than it is being now characterized by the press. That Georgia (ironically named) babe who switched parties put it very well in the YouTube video I posted here. The media twists and oversells everything.

And Trump is incredibly slippery. He runs his mouth like a guy in a bar from Queens, or worse. But it’s almost like he has a cheat sheet in front of him with big bold legal warnings of what not to say.

I haven’t heard the entire hour and I never will. But I’m giving my impressions of what I have heard which was, I’m sure, selectively curated and considered by the media to be the most damning portions of the phone call.

Again, however, the best thing that could happen for this country now long term is for Trump to be put behind bars. I like what he did in going around the Republican party, the media, and the need to be beholden to donors, and I’m hoping someone with good intentions can someday do the same thing. But successfully prosecuting Trump would be about controlling that future person and what he or she might think about trying to get away with as POTUS when that time comes.

Because this shit that he’s done after losing can not be allowed to go unpunished. It’s a highly dubious proposition that the next person to pull off what Trump did to win the presidency would be a person with good intentions.

PostPosted: 01/03/21 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Loeffler criticized Raffensperger for leaking the audio before Trump's rally in Dalton tomorrow...

PostPosted: 01/04/21 5:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CNN brought on Carl Bernstein once again to comment on Trump talking to the Georgia official and to no one's surprise he again says "worse than Watergate".

tfan

PostPosted: 01/04/21 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Except when you actually hear the recording. Because, as in so many other instances, what you actually hear is much more inconclusive than it is being now characterized by the press. That Georgia (ironically named) babe who switched parties put it very well in the YouTube video I posted here. The media twists and oversells everything.

Seems that Trump got the corporate mainstream media to out themselves. That is, they dropped the pretense of being reporters/entertainers without a political bias. Such as when Biden had a #MeToo issue with the key ingredients - she told people back when it allegedly happened. Her co-worker, her neighbor, her husband - who mentioned it in divorce proceedings, and her mother - who called Larry King. But they completely ignored it, apparently because he was the only one of twenty candidates who they thought could beat Trump. I suppose that they can say that they were only biased against Trump and would have covered the #MeToo issue if his opponent had been Jeb Bush, but I suspect we are not going to see any serious criticism of Biden/Harris from them during their term.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/04/21 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

David Perdue is shocked and disgusted that someone would tape a sitting president

PostPosted: 01/04/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone smarter than Donald Trump is watching this and seeing how easy it would be to become a dictator in this country.

PostPosted: 01/05/21 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Someone smarter than Donald Trump is watching this and seeing how easy it would be to become a dictator in this country.

Yep.

PostPosted: 01/21/21 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

But what makes you think it necessarily has to be a 'someone?' Why would you assume that it wouldn't be a political party or a faction? We've seen things moved in that direction before. The California Mafia who used Ronald Reagan as their puppet. The neocons that ran the second Bush administration. I'm not going to 'hold back' that I have serious concerns about this incoming Biden administration. He didn't win the nomination as much as he was maneuvered into the lead. He never inspired voters and neither did the empty vessel who is now the VP. But yet there they are.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: