RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hammon coaching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herna220

PostPosted: 12/30/20 10:31 pm    ::: Hammon coaching Reply Reply with quote

Becky Hammon has taken over coaching duties at tonight's Spurs game vs the Lakers after Gregg Popovich got ejected.

https://apnews.com/article/nba-los-angeles-lakers-drew-eubanks-tim-duncan-becky-hammon-3dc0ebd96ac8116ebf8bf7ee58ff5841

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/31/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spurs' Becky Hammon first woman to direct NBA team

Quote:
“Obviously, it’s a big deal, a substantial moment,” Hammon said. “I’ve been a part of this organization. I got traded here in 2007. So, I’ve been in San Antonio and part of the Spurs and sports organization with the Stars and everything for 14 years. I have a lot of time invested, and they have a lot of time invested in me in building me and getting me better.”

The San Antonio (Silver) Stars may physically be in Vegas now, but the spirit of that organization lives on in her & her role within the Spurs. Congratulations on yet another milestone moment, Coach.

Imo it'd be ideal for her to take over for Popovich whenever the time comes for him to move on/put away the clipboard for good. She has already earned the organization & the core players' trust. Just hope she won't have to wait too long for the right opportunity, however it presents itself.

PostPosted: 12/31/20 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Spurs' Becky Hammon first woman to direct NBA team

Quote:
“Obviously, it’s a big deal, a substantial moment,” Hammon said. “I’ve been a part of this organization. I got traded here in 2007. So, I’ve been in San Antonio and part of the Spurs and sports organization with the Stars and everything for 14 years. I have a lot of time invested, and they have a lot of time invested in me in building me and getting me better.”

The San Antonio (Silver) Stars may physically be in Vegas now, but the spirit of that organization lives on in her & her role within the Spurs. Congratulations on yet another milestone moment, Coach.

Imo it'd be ideal for her to take over for Popovich whenever the time comes for him to move on/put away the clipboard for good. She has already earned the organization & the core players' trust. Just hope she won't have to wait too long for the right opportunity, however it presents itself.

It's really remarkable how she's rising to basically the second in command on the coaching staff. She's legit. I hope she's able to wait and succeed Pop as that would be the best possible head coach position for her.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/31/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be so wonderful if Becky Hammon could become the next head coach of the San Antonio Spurs.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: