RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/20/20 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And OrSU also makes the P12 less viable:

Quote:
Oregon State’s women’s basketball program is temporarily stopping team activities after the school announced a confirmed COVID-19 positive case Sunday.

The Beavers’ game Monday at Washington is postponed indefinitely.

..and they most likely passed it on to Wazzu yesterday.

so does Oregon go ahead and play at Wazzu tomorrow?

I wish they would give us more information. Obviously if it is a player, the Oregon game should be postponed. If it's staff, maybe it's ok to play...It just seems like playing with fire/tempting fate to play a team that's just been exposed.

- Amanda Gorman
IM in OC

PostPosted: 12/21/20 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal Baptist(8-0) game at UC San Diego(0-0) was called at half time as there was a medical protocol issue with a CBU player or member of the team group.

It was UC San Diego's first D1 game. UC San Diego is coached by Tara VanDerveer's sister Heidi.

The game was declared a no contest. UCSD led 28-25 at the half.

Cal Baptist is the team, that last season, lost to Stanford by 5 points, in a Vancouver Canada event.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/21/20 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan is postponing Wednesday’s game vs Penn State.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/22/20 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Almost a third of the games listed on ESPN’s schedule page are postponed or cancelled today. Is this worth it?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/22/20 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Almost a third of the games listed on ESPN’s schedule page are postponed or cancelled today. Is this worth it?

How many of the remaining games are makeups between opponents that wouldn't otherwise have been scheduled and which will result in meaningless blowouts?

pilight

PostPosted: 12/25/20 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke women end basketball season amid virus

https://apnews.com/article/womens-basketball-womens-college-basketball-basketball-wilmington-coronavirus-pandemic-d7f6c250db46e032d683089ef78ab080

Quote:
The Duke women’s basketball team has been on pause since Dec. 16 because of two positive COVID-19 tests and contact tracing within the program’s travel party. The Blue Devils (3-1) postponed games against Miami, N.C. State and UNC Wilmington. The team’s next scheduled contest was against Louisville on Thursday.

PostPosted: 12/25/20 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I suppose it means more players actually ended up with it after the two initial positives. I noticed in the Duke game I watched that Kara was one of the most diligent coach in terms of keeping her mask on. Most of them have their masks hanging around their chins half the time or yank them off every time they yell something or often in the huddle.

- Amanda Gorman
mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/25/20 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Crying or Very sad I suppose it means more players actually ended up with it after the two initial positives. I noticed in the Duke game I watched that Kara was one of the most diligent coach in terms of keeping her mask on. Most of them have their masks hanging around their chins half the time or yank them off every time they yell something or often in the huddle.

I was wondering if it meant some players opted out, reducing availability, after the team’s recent “pause”.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/25/20 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Kara, the team, and Coach K for speaking out.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/26/20 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I was wondering if it meant some players opted out, reducing availability, after the team’s recent “pause”.

I should have read the press release - decision of the players. Good for them and the university for supporting.

Quote:

The Duke women's basketball program will not play the remainder of the 2020-21 season due to health and safety concerns stemming from COVID-19.

"The student-athletes on the Duke women's basketball team have made the difficult decision to conclude their current season due to safety concerns," said Michael Schoenfeld, Vice President for Public Affairs & Government Relations and Chief Communications Officer for Duke University. "We support their decision, as we have supported the choices made by all student-athletes at Duke during this unprecedented time. Duke will maintain our current schedule of competition in other sports and will continue to observe our rigorous health and safety protocols, which include daily testing for all student-athletes and are based on guidance from leading medical experts."

The Blue Devils had played four contests in first year head coach Kara Lawson's Duke debut, before pausing basketball related activities on Dec. 16 due to COVID-19 positive cases and precautionary contact tracing measures among individuals within the travel party.

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/26/20 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big West openers for Hawaii vs. Cal Poly postponed. Wahine would've been on the road, Warriors (men) would have hosted. Mustangs have Covid issues.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/26/20 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure Duke WBB won't be the last Power-5 program to opt out. Them opting out makes it 'easier' now for others to do so. Too, many programs are about to see (more) covid cases within their program if student-athletes & staff members were in fact allowed to travel for Christmas.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/27/20 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm a little shocked at how many games HAVE been played already. And given how the numbers are expected to shoot up after this holiday, it doesn't look good for a full season.

PostPosted: 12/27/20 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OrSU has postponed the Jan 1 and 3 games against UCLA and USC. This is an extension of the postponement of the UW game last week.

- Amanda Gorman
Queenie

PostPosted: 12/27/20 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse cancels game against Morgan State: https://twitter.com/CuseWBB/status/1343248025494429696

They seem to think their next scheduled game, on 12/31, is going to happen, but, um... I could be wrong but I don't think the timing is possible?

PostPosted: 12/27/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Syracuse cancels game against Morgan State: https://twitter.com/CuseWBB/status/1343248025494429696

Oh no. Stay safe & healthy, Syracuse wbb – but especially you, Tiana M. Sad

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/27/20 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The SEC opener between South Carolina and Mississippi - which was to be held Thursday December 31st at Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, SC - has been postponed due to covid-19 concerns.

According to the reports, the concerns involve Mississippi and not South Carolina. The Gamecock's next scheduled game is Jan. 4th against Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL.....

https://gamecocksonline.com/news/2020/12/27/south-carolina-ole-miss-womens-basketball-game-postponed.aspx

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/28/20 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's has paused all activities for now due to positive Covid-19 test results impacting tier 1 staff members:

https://redstormsports.com/news/2020/12/28/st-johns-womens-basketball-on-covid-related-pause.aspx

Their next game - Wed. 1/6 vs. Xavier has been postponed but no decision has been made yet about games after that date.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/28/20 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and this is why we do not book four-state road trips involving at least two flights during a gods-bedamned pandemic

I devoutly hope everyone involved with the squad comes through with no more than a mild cough and a short but finite bout of wondering what things smell like, but I have, like, a negative amount of surprise about this.

PostPosted: 12/28/20 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
and this is why we do not book four-state road trips involving at least two flights during a gods-bedamned pandemic

I devoutly hope everyone involved with the squad comes through with no more than a mild cough and a short but finite bout of wondering what things smell like, but I have, like, a negative amount of surprise about this.

Yes - hope everyone recovers quickly.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/28/20 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Big East has played about 60% of their games so far this season with 4 teams playing as many as 8 games and two others 7 games. And then there's Georgetown who has played one game so far this season. There's talk of a possible BE bubble later in the season with possible locations in Chicago, Indianapolis, Uncasville or DC. They'll decide later if they need this or not:

https://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Women-s-basketball-notebook-Big-East-in-15832069.php

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/28/20 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More on Duke's decision to end their season:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article248126790.html

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/28/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Williams, mother of Jade Williams (Duke WBB) claiming that Duke recently played a team that did not COVID test daily. After the competition is when the positive outbreaks occurred with Duke Women’s basketball. Duke asked NCAA to mandate daily testing. NCAA supposedly said no. Ergo Duke pulled plug.

https://twitter.com/Williamskidmom/status/1343337729321537546?s=19

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/28/20 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Williams, mother of Jade Williams (Duke WBB) claiming that Duke recently played a team that did not COVID test daily. After the competition is when the positive outbreaks occurred with Duke Women’s basketball. Duke asked NCAA to mandate daily testing. NCAA supposedly said no. Ergo Duke pulled plug.

https://twitter.com/Williamskidmom/status/1343337729321537546?s=19

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/28/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pauses:

Vanderbilt

San Diego State

Memphis vs UCF postponed (no blame assigned)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: