RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BTN+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/15/20 3:38 pm    ::: BTN+ Reply Reply with quote

Just curious how many people have it?

It always pisses me off that this is the one major conference that I can't see games other than what they show on BTN tv...and those are often games I don't care about.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 12/15/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thinking about it, because I want to see Clark, who is lighting things up, play.

I checked the schedule- no Iowa games yet, so I'm holding off for now.

But yes, the B10 is a pita.

Mad

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/15/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Indiana-Tenn game on Thurs is only available on BTN+ as well. The only way I can find to get it is to subscribe. Am I missing any other options?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/15/20 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve had it for just Michigan’s games for several years. This year I signed up for the whole conference.

Announcing can really vary. Usually BTN+ games in the past have been “Student U” productions - some of which were awful. This year, some of the schools have their radio PxP anouncer(s) instead.

If you do sign up, I’d suggest doing a monthly sub in case the season falls apart. Pretty much every game will be available if it doesn’t. Here’s the upcoming schedule: https://bigten.org/sports/2020/11/24/B1GWBBTV.aspx

Last edited by mzonefan on 12/16/20 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
taropatch

PostPosted: 12/15/20 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering if I was the only one pissed about BTN. Wanted to watch you know who for Iowa. I'm also shutout of Pac12. Does Sling or YoutubeTV get Pac12? Still doing Hulu for now.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/15/20 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
I was wondering if I was the only one pissed about BTN. Wanted to watch you know who for Iowa. I'm also shutout of Pac12. Does Sling or YoutubeTV get Pac12? Still doing Hulu for now.

YouTubeTV does not have Pac12. One of the Sling TV colors has it - not sure which one. I know some Marquette men's bball fans were doing a free sling trial on Friday to watch a game on the Pac12 network.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/15/20 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get P12 thru Dish.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/15/20 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As TV continues to shake out some conferences make t easy to watch women's basketball and others make it hard. The Big East and Colonial are tied with FloSports which means essentially nothing. But the conferences tied with ESPN are great, either on Watch ESPN or ESPN+.

Spectrum doesn't even offer the Pac-12 network here in Nevada even though we have the Big 10, ACC and SEC network. That means I always root for the Cal games to not be on so I can see the video feed on the internet. Overall there is more than enough women's basketball to watch but it is always tough when there is a game I want to see when I can't.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/15/20 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NB: the Big East might be a school-by-school decision, or at least school-by-school in the non-conference. St. John's threw everything behind the FloHoops paywall as soon as they could, but Seton Hall has streamed home non-conference games via the Pirate Sports Network dating after the Flo announcement. I haven't tested it with other Big East schools because... well... I don't care about them. (I *like* Marquette, mostly because a: they have Megan Duffy and b: I can actually talk WBB with their Twitter crew, but I'm not going to seek out their streams.)

Now that we're entering conference play, this may be a moot point. On the other hand, most of the conference has had a COVID pause of some kind or another, so who knows, someone may end up with a free week and get bored and schedule a non-con game for funsies.

PostPosted: 12/16/20 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did the Flohoops thing a few years back for a month just to see all the Thanksgiving tournies. Not impressed.

I just don't understand why some conferences essentially make it impossible for fans to watch games. Couldn't they make money with ads rather than fees? And thereby gain a wider audience? I assume that's how it works for the conferences that do show their games. Or maybe they're willing to take losses. I have no idea what the thought process/economics of it are - I just want to watch basketball!

I've actually enjoyed watching some of the smaller conferences that essentially have student run productions. Some of them are better than the 'professionals' or at least more entertaining. For instance I watched a number of UT Martin games last year in order to see Chelsea Perry and that was totally acceptable. I'm even ok with a straight video stream with no announcers.

- Amanda Gorman
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 12/16/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I signed up for one month of the Ohio State games on BTN+ for $9.99, so I could watch them play a couple of MAC games. Video was OK, but there was no audio other than the P.A. I know they have a radio feed for all of OSU's WBB games, so I would have liked to see them sync that up to the video.

PostPosted: 12/16/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
NB: the Big East might be a school-by-school decision, or at least school-by-school in the non-conference. St. John's threw everything behind the FloHoops paywall as soon as they could, but Seton Hall has streamed home non-conference games via the Pirate Sports Network dating after the Flo announcement. I haven't tested it with other Big East schools because... well... I don't care about them. (I *like* Marquette, mostly because a: they have Megan Duffy and b: I can actually talk WBB with their Twitter crew, but I'm not going to seek out their streams.)

Now that we're entering conference play, this may be a moot point. On the other hand, most of the conference has had a COVID pause of some kind or another, so who knows, someone may end up with a free week and get bored and schedule a non-con game for funsies.

Marquette showed their one home non-conference game for free online. And then their next home games were Big East games so I couldn't watch them since I haven't paid for Flohoops yet. I did get to see their two road non-conference games as they were on ESPN+ and I do have a subscription for that.

I was contemplating signing up for Flohoops once I saw the rest of the Big East schedule but the Big East sure is dragging their feet on that one. They announced the rest of the Men's schedule Monday but still nothing for the Women beyond 12/22 - ugh!

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/16/20 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think any plans for the conference schedule got sideswiped by Drexel causing Villanova to go on pause. Also, does anyone know what's going on with Georgetown? Possibly including Georgetown?

PostPosted: 12/16/20 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I think any plans for the conference schedule got sideswiped by Drexel causing Villanova to go on pause. Also, does anyone know what's going on with Georgetown? Possibly including Georgetown?

No idea other than Georgetown put out this release on Monday about their first two games coming up:

https://guhoyas.com/news/2020/12/14/womens-basketball-announces-first-games-of-2020-21-season.aspx

I see it says their game against Seton Hall is on CBS Sports Network. I thought the Flohoops deal release said they had all of two games on CBS Sports Network this season.

Creighton probably gets the award for most messed up Big East schedule so far due to Covid with opponents - this was their original opening 4 game BE schedule:

Dec. 4 – at Xavier*
Dec. 6 – at Georgetown*
Dec. 19 – Butler*
Dec. 22 – DePaul*

The games at Xavier, at Georgetown and vs. Butler had to be canceled due to Covid within their programs. They ended up playing at Butler on 12/6 instead of at Georgetown (before Butler's Covide issues arose), are now playing at UCONN Thu and at Villanova Sat and then the original game vs. DePaul on Tue 12/22.

Edited to add - as of now the Creighton-Villanova game is on the schedule - not sure if it will happen or not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: