RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Blanket Waiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/16/20 7:16 pm    ::: Blanket Waiver Reply Reply with quote

The NCAA has given a blanket waiver to allow transfers to play immediately this year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30534080/division-transfers-all-sports-get-blanket-waiver-ncaa-play-immediately

Now if Cal can get Onyenwere, McDonald, and Jones to transfer over the Christmas break they could be competitive in the Pac-12.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/16/20 7:53 pm    ::: Re: Blanket Waiver Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

Now if Cal can get Onyenwere, McDonald, and Jones to transfer over the Christmas break they could be competitive in the Pac-12.

Laughing No you can't have the Jones you are thinking about. But maybe we could get Bueckers and Boston.

- Amanda Gorman
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/16/20 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of the transfers in WBB were already granted waivers this season, but here is a few major conference players we could see working their way into rotations:

Sara Bejedi & Erin Howard - Florida State
London Clarkston - Virginia
Azaina Baines - Virginia Tech
Nicole Cardano-Hillary - Indiana
Alisia Smith - Michigan State
Kayla Mershon - Minnesota
Niya Beverly - Penn State
Kamaria McDaniel & Jaden Owens - Baylor
Lauren Ebo-Texas
Isabel Palmer - Utah
Maori Davenport - Rutgers
Jazmine Massengill - Kentucky
Zaay Green - Texas A&M

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/17/20 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was not sold on Baylor being a Final Four team this season. But with this blanket transfer waiver they might make it there.

PostPosted: 12/17/20 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I was not sold on Baylor being a Final Four team this season. But with this blanket transfer waiver they might make it there.

I'm not so sure. On paper, McDaniel could give them the 3-point shooting they don't currently have. Practically, she was a volume scorer on a terrible team last season, so she could also end-up not making a huge impact off the bench.

But I do agree that IF Baylor is going to get to the F4 McDaniel's shooting is going to have to be at least a piece of the puzzle.

willtalk

PostPosted: 12/20/20 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I'm not so sure. On paper, McDaniel could give them the 3-point shooting they don't currently have. Practically, she was a volume scorer on a terrible team last season, so she could also end-up not making a huge impact off the bench.

But I do agree that IF Baylor is going to get to the F4 McDaniel's shooting is going to have to be at least a piece of the puzzle.

From what i have seen they will be luck to make it to the final 8. They just don't jave the right combination of players. Their offense can not guarantee points against good teams and their defense is suspect. DiDi can not guard everyone.

PostPosted: 12/20/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aspen Williston from South Dakota may be worked into the rotation this season. She played in their game last week against Bradley and with the blanket extra year of eligibility after this season, she will gain valuable experience whether or not she plays a lot this year. 6'4" center from U of Oklahoma

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/20/20 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I believe McDaniel is on the mends (knee) and won't play this season. If Baylor doesn't learn to shoot from the perimeter, they won't go deep into the post-season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: