RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/13/20 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn - Texas postponed today. Don't know why.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/13/20 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

From an article:

According to a post from the school’s website, “In accordance with Big 12 Conference women’s basketball interruption guidelines, the Tennessee at Texas women’s basketball game scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 13, has been postponed because of contact tracing issues within the Texas program.”

Link to the article:

https://www.wate.com/sports/orange-and-white-nation/lady-vols-game-against-texas-postponed-due-to-covid-19-contact-tracing-among-longhorns/#:~:text=Morning%20Tennessee%20Weekend-,Lady%20Vols%20game%20against%20Texas%20postponed%20due%20to,19%20contact%20tracing%20among%20Longhorns&text=TENNESSEE%20

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/13/20 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coastal Carolina has canceled their remaining 3 non-conference games due to Covid:

https://goccusports.com/news/2020/12/13/ccu-womens-basketball-pauses-all-in-person-athletic-activities.aspx

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/14/20 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

The rumor on VN is that a Texas player's mother had recently fixed dinner for the whole team and subsequently had a positive COVID test, which apparently was only learned 90 minutes before tip-off when the teams were already doing warmups. At least half the Texas team was apparently deemed to be at risk and would have had to sit out so B12 guidelines said to postpone the game.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/14/20 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The rumor on VN is that a Texas player's mother had recently fixed dinner for the whole team and subsequently had a positive COVID test, which apparently was only learned 90 minutes before tip-off when the teams were already doing warmups. At least half the Texas team was apparently deemed to be at risk and would have had to sit out so B12 guidelines said to postpone the game.

If that is true, that is extremely irresponsible on the part of Texas. Any other year, that is great, but not in 2020 with all this covid BS. If I were Tennessee, I would be looking for compensatory damages for team travel to and from Austin. It's not like this was something beyond the team's control.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/15/20 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UT Martin joins the dance:

Quote:
The University of Tennessee at Martin athletic department has announced it is pausing women's basketball activities due to NCAA testing protocols.

As a result, today's non-conference matchup against Southern Illinois has been canceled. Additionally, the Ohio Valley Conference opener against Southeast Missouri (Dec. 19) is tentatively postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/15/20 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanova paused team activities due to an opponent with Covid issues:

https://villanova.com/news/2020/12/15/villanova-womens-basketball-pauses-team-activates.aspx

It appears that Drexel is that opponent - they have paused all activities due to
COVID-19 protocols involving an individual within tier one:

https://drexeldragons.com/news/2020/12/15/drexel-womens-basketball-pauses-activity-due-to-covid-19-protocols.aspx

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/15/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio State has paused activities due to Covid, so Saturday’s game against Iowa has been postponed.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/18/20 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again at Seton Hall: https://twitter.com/SHUWBB/status/1339993444245245952

PostPosted: 12/18/20 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan joins the pox party: https://twitter.com/umichwbball/status/1340002940182904832

thanks, I hate it

PostPosted: 12/18/20 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Ohio State has paused activities due to Covid, so Saturday’s game against Iowa has been postponed.

The Ohio State women’s basketball program has had its pause of all team-related activities extended for at least the next seven days, and its games Dec. 23 at Maryland and Dec. 31 against Michigan State have now been postponed.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/18/20 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Michigan joins the pox party: https://twitter.com/umichwbball/status/1340002940182904832

thanks, I hate it

Crap. It had to happen, right? Butler shut down the day after they played Michigan. Even with all of the B1G protocols.... Even the refs have to come in the day before the game to get tested, and then they test again on game day.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/18/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again at Seton Hall: https://twitter.com/SHUWBB/status/1339993444245245952

and what does it mean for UConn?

- Amanda Gorman
Queenie

PostPosted: 12/18/20 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

It means Geno needs to rein in his tendency to hug people?

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised to see an "abundance of caution" pause from them; they're dodging bullets like it's the Matrix or something, between this and the third official in the Creighton(?) game.

PostPosted: 12/18/20 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn - Jackson State game on Sunday has been cancelled due to COVID contact tracing at Jackson State.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/18/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

The Ohio State women’s basketball program has had its pause of all team-related activities extended for at least the next seven days, and its games Dec. 23 at Maryland and Dec. 31 against Michigan State have now been postponed.

I was surprised to see they were already canceling the 12/31 game. Wow is all this rescheduling going to be a mess this season.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/18/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Sorry Seton Hall had to shut down again - hope everyone has a full recovery.

When I saw Marquette tweet out a schedule update, I thought it was going to be the rest of the BE schedule but then saw their game tomorrow was being canceled. I wonder if they had flown out East before it was canceled or not. And then a couple hours later I did see the rest of the Big East schedule.

So Seton Hall-Georgetown was supposed to be on CBS Sports Network - wonder if they'll try to shift another league game to that time or just lose that TV broadcast for the league. That was supposed to be Georgetown's 2nd game this season too - wow. They play their first game of the season against DePaul tomorrow.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/18/20 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I was looking at Dayton's schedule tonight as I saw mention of some games against them canceled. They have two games canceled on Dec. 20th. I found it interesting that they canceled their game against Florida for that date on 12/10 but then scheduled a game versus Indiana State for that same Dec. 20th date the next day. And then they canceled the Indiana State game also later. Florida had been playing games around the time the Dayton game was canceled - just seems odd they canceled the game against Florida and scheduled a game against another opponent for that same date the next day.

Dayton has had 5 games canceled now due to Covid. I found an article that said coach Shauna Green missed the first game of the season also due to Covid but the team still played.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/18/20 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised to see an "abundance of caution" pause from them; they're dodging bullets like it's the Matrix or something, between this and the third official in the Creighton(?) game.

looks like they are going ahead to try to spread it to Xavier as well tomorrow. Share the wealth? Or maybe the SH case was not a player or coach but rather staff? which would make it less likely to spread to the opposition...I guess. Are you saying an official in the Creighton game has it?

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/19/20 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illinois State has now had to cancel two games this weekend due to Covid. They were originally supposed to play St. Louis tomorrow and St. Louis paused all activities on December 8th due to a Covid case and canceled their next 4 games including their contest against Illinois State. So then Illinois State was going to play UW-Green Bay today but ISU had to shut down for now after their opponent from Thursday - Omaha had a Covid positive case after those two teams played.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/19/20 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

looks like they are going ahead to try to spread it to Xavier as well tomorrow. Share the wealth? Or maybe the SH case was not a player or coach but rather staff? which would make it less likely to spread to the opposition...I guess. Are you saying an official in the Creighton game has it?

I'm guessing this is what Queenie was referring to:

https://twitter.com/DanielVConnolly/status/1339748439312146432

The third official in their game the other night was removed out of caution due to possible exposure from a game earlier in the week - UCONN learned of this during the game.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/19/20 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Tenn - Jackson State game on Sunday has been cancelled due to COVID contact tracing at Jackson State.

And Tenn picks up UNC-Greensboro to replace J St. tomorrow. These times are sure making for some strange, and less than competitive, matchups. It will be interesting to see how the committee evaluates them come tourney time (assuming WCBB hasn't been cancelled by then).

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/19/20 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

And Tenn picks up UNC-Greensboro to replace J St. tomorrow. These times are sure making for some strange, and less than competitive, matchups. It will be interesting to see how the committee evaluates them come tourney time (assuming WCBB hasn't been cancelled by then).

At least UNCG is a D-I school! The JMU men are playing an NAIA school with a student body of 549, FFS (Alice Lloyd). This is getting out of hand.

PostPosted: 12/19/20 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

At least UNCG is a D-I school! The JMU men are playing an NAIA school with a student body of 549, FFS (Alice Lloyd). This is getting out of hand.

The silver lining is that Davis, Burrell, and Horston all played well over 30 minutes on Thursday, and now that the center of the bench has been decimated due to injuries, this will give the others plenty of playing time.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/20/20 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU at Colorado postponed due to
" an abundance of caution with COVID-19 protocols within the Buffaloes' women's basketball program. "

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: