RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

how have schools appealed to STHers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elsie

PostPosted: 12/09/20 4:48 am    ::: how have schools appealed to STHers? Reply Reply with quote

our school asked for , not demanded, that people give their usual donation and usual ticket price for this year, understanding that no games are guaranteed to be able to have fans.....

in return for this act of faith, IF any fans are allowed to attend games those who gave their usual donation/ticket price would get first dibs on limited seats....

if you didn't want to pay the ticket price this year, it would not affect your ability to get your season tickets back next season..

have other schools appealed to their fans in a similar way

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 12/09/20 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For our one non-con home game, which was last week, only season ticket holders and parents / families were allowed. The arena was pretty wide-open though, so they are considering allowing a limited number of other fans once conference season starts in January.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/10/20 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette never billed the Women's Basketball Season Ticket holders. They don't make much money off Women's Season Tickets and considering there was a pretty good chance fans weren't going to be allowed at games I think that approach made sense. They've made general appeals for money but not necessarily specifically to Women's Basketball season ticket holders.

But they did host a preseason Zoom meeting with the Coaches and some players and are hosting a chalk talk for season ticket holders on zoom next week. They are also offering season ticket holders the chance to record an introduction for a starter to be used at a home game although we'll never see it Smile. I appreciate that they are still reaching out to the season ticket holders even though we can't go to games.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/11/20 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We never got to the payment stage at Michigan either. They held a virtual BBQ on zoom, but that’s it. The football season ticket holders were strongly encouraged to donate their money instead of having it held over to be applied to their tickets next year.

elsie

PostPosted: 12/13/20 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the way our university set it up was that your entire donation would be tax deductible...which would include any free donation plus any tickets you paid for....they've tried to keep in touch with fans....a fan fest was held and on the internet...different interviews....

not great....but what can you do....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/13/20 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU let you roll yours over to next year, or turn it over to the Duke Fund that benefits athletes.

The fundraiser they're doing this year lets you buy cutouts to put in your seats since they're only allowing families in at the games. I'm considering buying two and putting pictures of my cats on them. My one-eyed tortoiseshell has quite the glare with her remaining eye...maybe would be effective on the refs!

PostPosted: 12/15/20 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I usually have to chase down St. John's and ask them whether they want my money, since they can't be bothered to ask, so obviously they had nothing in hand when everything went pear-shaped. For fundraising and atmosphere, they're going the cardboard cutout route; said cutouts are shared with men's basketball and with volleyball, and have two price ranges. (We decided that spending approximately the price of our season ticket to have a cutout in the upper deck was a dumb use of money. Especially since I don't like being photographed.)

Seton Hall has also gone with cutouts, perched in the upper deck seats that are akin to the ancient auditorium at my elementary school.

Seton Hall and Fordham have done "virtual sellouts". I haven't been keeping tabs on my NEC schools and how they're handling things. (since, er, usually I don't have to buy tickets)

No, you're not hallucinating, I got bored with yelling into the void on Twitter, and most of the people about whom my thoughts are less than charitable have departed this site (one way or another).

PostPosted: 12/16/20 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie - You have been missed. Nice to see you back.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/16/20 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy returns, Queenie!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/16/20 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

QUEENIE!!!!!!

Girl, you have been missed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: