RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

COVID and RPI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/19/20 8:56 pm    ::: COVID and RPI Reply Reply with quote

The RPI has always been screwed up, but this year the ratings will be even more meaningless. With so few non-conference games strength of schedule will be primarily based on conference games. With little differentiation from non conference games, all schedule strengths will tend towards 50%.

In the Pac-12 conference teams will play 22 conference games plus the conference tournament. Most teams will be playing 2-3 non conference games, so 90% of their strength of schedule will be conference games. On the other hand the SEC will play only 16 conference games so SEC teams will be overrated compared with the Pac 12. Hopefully these differences will make clear how bad a system the RPI is (and that is true whether you use the plain RPI or the quadrant system, because the quadrants are based on RPI) but I doubt it.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/19/20 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They don't use RPI anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: