RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Biden's Cabinet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/13/20 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Supposedly Warren is looking at Treasury but

wouldn't she be a good candidate for Education?

Absolutely not. Other than being a law school professor, Warren has no experience in education.

Also a lot of people are considering safe Senators as contenders. Why would Warren give up a Senate seat she can have until she is ready to retire lead the Labor department. Or Duckworth give up a Senate seat she could have for 30 more years to lead the VA? Senators have more power, more prestige, and don't have to put their own perspectives and ambitions behind the agenda of their boss.

Secretary of Defense? Secretary of State? Attorney General? Sure. But most of these Cabinet positions are a big step down from the Senate.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/14/20 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Supposedly Warren is looking at Treasury but

wouldn't she be a good candidate for Education?

Absolutely not. Other than being a law school professor, Warren has no experience in education.
Also a lot of people are considering safe Senators as contenders. Why would Warren give up a Senate seat she can have until she is ready to retire lead the Labor department.

Elizabeth's first job was as a teacher (speech pathologist?), I believe, so she does have experience. 1 year, at least. My thinking is that a person embodying her level of intellect, creative thinking and willingness to challenge The System, is that she deserves a role of much higher power, and a position where she can implement her philosophies and policies. I always felt that not only were her ideas beautifully progressive, but she explained it in ways so all could understand.

PostPosted: 11/14/20 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulsi Gabbard was a cold blooded assassin in the debates when she went after Kamala and "Mayor Pete". Love her, but the Democrats hate her. She was even Russiagated by some of them, including Hillary Clinton.

Heidi Heitkamp was considered by Trump (no environmentalist he) for that position and the Organic Consumers Union has a petition for people to put their name on to tell Biden not to pick her

Quote:
Heitkamp’s record concerns and dismays me. In 2016 she stood against the interests of American consumers like myself, who have a right to know about GMOs in our food, by voting in favor of the DARK Act. She has also sided with polluters in many important votes on the environment, including voting in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline. She also voted in favor of a bill that would overturn a key EPA clean water rule and thereby undermine the Clean Water Act. These are all unacceptable choices for our children’s future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: