RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Azzi Fudd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 11/10/20 12:55 pm    ::: Azzi Fudd Reply Reply with quote

She will announce her decision tomorrow at 11 a.m. Eastern -- UCLA or UConn.

PostPosted: 11/10/20 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

totally incomprehensible that an Azzi would go to UCLA or UConn. If I cover my ears and say la, la, la, la, la really loud maybe I won't notice?

PostPosted: 11/10/20 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her waiting until her 18th birthday suggests she and her parents disagree on where she should go. I will therefore guess she's going far away from home, to UCLA.

PostPosted: 11/10/20 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
totally incomprehensible that an Azzi would go to UCLA or UConn. If I cover my ears and say la, la, la, la, la really loud maybe I won't notice?

Incomprehensible? I’d say it’s pretty obvious she’s going to UConn to play with her bestie.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/11/20 5:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Her waiting until her 18th birthday suggests she and her parents disagree on where she should go. I will therefore guess she's going far away from home, to UCLA.

I suggest she watch the documentary about Nicole Kaz from 1999.......................

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/11/20 10:52 am    ::: Re: Azzi Fudd Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I thought she expanded her list to 4, to include Maryland Louisville.

My gut is telling she is going to be a Terp.

Speebs56

PostPosted: 11/11/20 11:11 am    ::: Re: Azzi Fudd Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I thought she expanded her list to 4, to include Maryland Louisville.

My gut is telling she is going to be a Terp.

Fudd chose UCONN.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And 11 PAC12 coaches exhale and relax. Rolling Eyes

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/11/20 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yaaay! Another era of UConn dominating the country. So exciting, with no forgone conclusions at all!!! Rolling Eyes The Pac-12 is never gonna win a National Championship ever again, are we? We lose our best chance in decades to COVID and now the Pazzi train is coming to town. Harrumph, I say!

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/11/20 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Yaaay! Another era of UConn dominating the country. So exciting, with no forgone conclusions at all!!! Rolling Eyes The Pac-12 is never gonna win a National Championship ever again, are we? We lose our best chance in decades to COVID and now the Pazzi train is coming to town. Harrumph, I say!

I gotta tell ya, we are stacked, for sure, but so is South Carolina. I don't think anything is a foregone conclusion anymore.

And can we all take a moment of silence for the insufferable Debbie Antonelli? She can't even pretend to hide her hatred of us anymore and this will add fuel to that fire.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/11/20 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad Fudd chose UConn but, as I've said before, she's been somewhat over-hyped by the media for years. How much over-hyped, I'm not sure.

She's realistically about 5-10 with normal hops, so she's not going to be a dominant rebounder, put-backer, shot blocker or defender. While seemingly a very good passer, I'm not sure she's elite at that skill, and she's definitely not as fast or quick as former UConn guards such as Jefferson or Dangerfield. She is a very slippery, canny and good shooter but, again at 5-10, can't just turn around and shoot from the paint or arc like a much taller player; she will need screens. In addition, her minutes per game may not be overly high because UConn will have other good shooting guards competing with her, and who are taller, such as Ducharme and Poffenbarger in her own class plus Williams, Makurat and Bueckers.

There's little doubt Fudd is college AA material, but I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if she can be that rare kind of multi-threat ball dominator, scoring machine and consistent game changer such as Taurasi, Moore, Catchings, Parker, Stewart, Delle Donne or Ionescu. I think it's prudent to ratchet down realistic expectations for Fudd from the Olympian heights of hype she's been receiving since 8th grade.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/11/20 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess us prognosticators can move on to speculating about Lauren Betts and JuJu Watkins now.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Glad Fudd chose UConn but, as I've said before, she's been somewhat over-hyped by the media for years. How much over-hyped, I'm not sure.

She's realistically about 5-10 with normal hops, so she's not going to be a dominant rebounder, put-backer, shot blocker or defender. While seemingly a very good passer, I'm not sure she's elite at that skill, and she's definitely not as fast or quick as former UConn guards such as Jefferson or Dangerfield. She is a very slippery, canny and good shooter but, again at 5-10, can't just turn around and shoot from the paint or arc like a much taller player; she will need screens. In addition, her minutes per game may not be overly high because UConn will have other good shooting guards competing with her, and who are taller, such as Ducharme and Poffenberger in her own class plus Williams, Makurat and Bueckers.

There's little doubt Fudd is college AA material, but I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if she can be that rare kind of multi-threat ball dominator, scoring machine and consistent game changer such as Taurasi, Moore, Catchings, Parker, Stewart, Delle Donne or Ionescu. I think it's prudent to ratchet down realistic expectations for Fudd from the Olympian heights of hype she's been receiving since 8th grade.

Once Fudd learns that she is 4th or 5th on the guard depth chart she is likely to transfer. Rolling Eyes

Who knows what sort of players she and/or Bueckers will end up being. But I'm ecstatic about seeing the two friends play together, along with an array of tall long-range shooters. I have a nice seat in the XL and watching the talent there now and in the future will be memorable. I predict that the Paige & Azzi Show will be a hot ticket.

Last edited by linkster on 11/14/20 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 11/12/20 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I guess us prognosticators can move on to speculating about Lauren Betts and JuJu Watkins now.

My prediction is Lauren Betts to Baylor. Kim has a good track record on getting the best bigs. If she doesn't get her, Graves will, IMO.

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/12/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the record, Fudd and her parents were on the same page ... no conflict there. I talked to her mom yesterday.

There are legit questions about Fudd's athleticism, but she's played very well, when healthy, on the biggest stages in the prep and club scenes. Production counts for something ...

PostPosted: 11/12/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-sp-uconn-women-early-signing-day-20201112-20201111-3aioobadkrf3veuagdxxh6vu6y-story.html

PostPosted: 11/12/20 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azzi decides on UConn news article...

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-sp-uconn-women-azzi-fudd-decision-20201006-20201111-akxz4gdoljbi5axpdjhalnsyz4-story.html#rt=chartbeat-flt

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: