RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kamala Harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 11/09/20 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the biggest reason Trump lost was the coronavirus. Absent that he would have beat Biden. The economy is the critical re-election factor and it was at a re-election level until coronavirus. The coronavirus also had some additional positive/negatives. It increased mail-in voting which helped the Democrats who turn out at lower rates. It removed much of the campaign which helped Biden who would not have had rallies that came close to Trump (who had to shut down as well for a while) and lowered any "forgot the words to the song" moments like he had when Obama joined him at the end. And Trump (with the exception of late March and early April) continually saying things like "we have to open up!" was likely the reason he lost votes among older white males who I think we're more concerned about a deadly virus killing them than Trump mean tweeting or berating reporters.

Last edited by tfan on 11/09/20 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/09/20 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
It is a shame that both parties have abandoned blue collar workers. "job creation" is a phrase that national politicians and their promoters love to use, and yet jobs moving from the USA to other countries (or starting in other countries like the iPhone) - job destruction - was essentially a non event. Obama referred to midwest while males as not having adapted well to the new economy. I don't know if he wanted laid off factory workers to do web pages at Facebook with all the Indians that Facebook currently hired under the H-1B program, or become Harvard law professors, or maybe become the manager at a Chipotle.

There is no need to dredge up the past, tfan. It's BACK TO THE FUTURE time in America.

You bring up a "phrase?" What are the two most infamous phrases in the HISTORY of the abandonment of the American working class?

Those jobs aren't coming back.

Learn to code.

Former Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel on ABC on Election Night 2020.

"There's going to be people like at JC Penney and other retail, those jobs are not coming back. Give them the tools, six months in you're going to become a computer coder, we'll pay for it and you'll get millions of people to sign up for it."

You're going to become a computer coder, JC Penney people. Shocked

Same people. Same shit. This is going to be like the REVENGE of the Democratic Party.

PostPosted: 11/09/20 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden had a phrase that showed he isn't familiar with jobs outside of Congress. I think I have the current vocation right: "If you're smart enough to go down in a mine for a living you're smart enough to program".

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/09/20 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rahm's brother and Obamacase architect Dr. Zeke Emanuel is in the news as well again, tfan. (You and I should do a show on YouTube. lol.)

He's been given a position on Joe Biden's coronavirus task force. He was previously Special Advisor for Health Policy at the OMB in the Obama administration.

New job is a little awkward though as he once took a position that runs counter to the ENTIRE American medical establishment by saying that seniors over 75 shouldn't get a yearly flu shot because life isn't worth living past that age.

Sounds like he's positioning himself for a seat on the Death Panels. Razz

(See what I mean about the YouTube thing? We'll call the channel tfan and the jammer First guest? pilight!!!!)

PostPosted: 11/10/20 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Please don’t ask anyone to give a shit about her gender or skin color. This thing we have now about celebrating someone’s minority status and allowing that to override their complete inadequacies is nauseating.

Kamala Harris is nothing to celebrate. Neither is this fucking demented loser who has NEVER had anything to offer the American people. They were the two weakest candidates in the entire Democratic Primary field

Absolute Piffle. Clearly, YOU are neither female nor a POC. Yeah, that minority thang should never override 'inadequacy'. But it IS important to an enormous number of people, who DO 'give a shit'.

"Demented loser". Rolling Eyes Joe has a long record that may not be the most stellar, but at least he's not downright evil [see: Strom Thurmond, et. al.] And please....your 2 'weakest candidates' beat the snot out of Trump, despite your prediction to the contrary. (Yes, +5M votes/+70 EC votes is snot-worthy Razz)

Joe was NOT my pick. Kamala was NOT my choice. But they proved to be enough to sway enough votes the right way, in the right places. Yes, Warren and Sanders could do so much more than will be done by Joe. But the Ignorant Masses of America -- controlled by the Corporate States of America -- will not have that. That said, I find it far more edifying to bask in the comfort of NOT having to watch The Orange fish-mouthed one shred our institutions with his babblings and rants for another term, than to demean what we have been dealt this time.

Also, just re: Kamala? By comparison, Pence is a vapid a-hole....whatever were HIS qualifications? And I thought Joe was a fine VP himself. Then go back another term....Dick Cheney? THAT was Evil, running rough-shod through an administration. Kamala looks much better than any in that set, so try that perspective: it helps. Cool

PostPosted: 11/11/20 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
And please....your 2 'weakest candidates' beat the snot out of Trump, despite your prediction to the contrary. (Yes, +5M votes/+70 EC votes is snot-worthy Razz)

Ah, so we're going to drag the jammer for making a prediction. Well, I think it's pretty well established that I can't actually see the future.

That said... hmm. No one could look at MY prediction in comparison to the Nate Cohns and Silvers or some people here who I won't drag into this... and DARE suggest that I wasn't far closer to being right than they were.

Republicans picked up 6 seats in the House. That's a repudiation of a LOT of what has happened these last few years and especially this year. I predicted that repudiation and I was right. No one in politics is not taken aback by this outcome. But I'm not.

It was also coattails. The orange whatever you called him. The presidential election itself, out of a 150 million votes cast, came down to about an 150K vote total difference in four key states. That's how close we call came to a second Trump term.

So yeah, you can claim Joe and Kamala beat the snot out of Trump. You do you, bro. I'll do me.

PostPosted: 11/11/20 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
It was also coattails. The orange whatever you called him. The presidential election itself, out of a 150 million votes cast, came down to about an 150K vote total difference in four key states. That's how close we call came to a second Trump term.

Precisely the point. No Sanders or Warren ticket could have accomplished that, not in these times.

It's a sad commentary on our society that we had to go with nostalgia and façade to unseat a demon like Trump, over actual substance in our candidates. So....there IS arguably a kind of 'power' in what Biden/Harris represent. Biden has his obvious shortcomings but even now, in the face of this current absurdity, he IS handling things very admirably thus far.

PostPosted: 11/11/20 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the face of this current absurdity, Moe Howard would be handling things admirably.

PostPosted: 01/24/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now this is interesting. Kamala Harris is not actually our first biracial VP. Charles Curtis, who was Hoover's VP 1929-33, was part Native American (Kaw, Osage, and Patawotomi) and part European Caucasian. He apparently wasn't well thought of. "His politics were always purely personal. Issues never bothered him."

https://www.theonefeather.com/2014/02/charles-curtis-americas-indian-vice-president/
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/who-was-charles-curtis-first-non-white-vice-president-180976742/
https://www.senate.gov/about/officers-staff/vice-president/VP_Charles_Curtis.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: