RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

President - 2020 Election
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who WILL Win Race for President
Biden
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Trump
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/05/20 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
This is why I was really hoping Arizona and Nevada were going to be called tonight

technically Fox News did call Arizona so if Nevada came through as a Biden win then what is going to happen in Penn and Georgia becomes a little less consequential.

Neither Arizona or Nevada are seen as "problematic" by the Trump people as compared to Penn and Georgia, and Biden has been ahead the whole time instead of coming back by 100s of thousands of mail in votes.

Arizona and Nevada get called Biden is at 270 before Penn or Georgia flip and it is less dramatic

Now Nevada isn't going to get called until Sat possibly Monday and in the meantime Biden will pass Trump in Penn and Georgia and the accusations are going to fly and his supporters are gong to be riled up.

The fates and 2020 are torturing Donald Trump right now. They’ve come for his ass tonight. Let’s hope he doesn’t respond with an air strike.

PostPosted: 11/06/20 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Little past midnight EST -- 7pm Hawaii:

Drip ... drip ... drip... punk's Georgia lead down to 1800. 99% reporting.

Drip ... drip... drip... punk's Pennsylvania lead down to 22,000. 94% reporting.

North Carolina 77,000 lead remains steady for the punk. 94% reporting.

The slow tedious counting of absentee ballots where the punk watches his Election Day lead dwindle is like a slow drip torture. So that might be a good thing whether he wins or loses.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/06/20 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good morning, America Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/06/20 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Good morning America how are you?
Don't you know me I'm your native son
I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans
I'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done

PostPosted: 11/06/20 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Been good so far!

Woke up to the news that Biden has taken the lead in GA and PA!!!

I realize that both will go to recounts that will, most likely, take FOREVER, but this is also the first morning this week that I woke up that I allowed myself to hope that maybe some decency and respect will be restored to this broken nation and that there will be a chance to begin healing.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
justintyme

PostPosted: 11/06/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Been good so far!

Woke up to the news that Biden has taken the lead in GA and PA!!!

I realize that both will go to recounts that will, most likely, take FOREVER, but this is also the first morning this week that I woke up that I allowed myself to hope that maybe some decency and respect will be restored to this broken nation and that there will be a chance to begin healing.

PA might not go to recount. As the votes continue to come in, there is a good chance Biden wins comfortably. They have more mail-ins and then a bunch of provisionals (people voted in person after they feared their mail ins wouldn't be accepted, so cast provisional ballots). These are all going to be extremely blue in the split. Wouldn't be surprised if he wins PA by 1-2% in the end, not counting any of the contested votes that Trump planned to take to SCOTUS. Add those in and you probably have 3%.

The way this is being reported and how the count is going is making this seem closer than it actually is. Remember when MI was a squeeker? Go look at the margins now. It was never in doubt...

PostPosted: 11/06/20 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 11/06/20 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Oh, that's good! 😄🤭🤣😇😁

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 11/06/20 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

So so good.

It's like he thinks he has the right not to abdicate. Fortunately, that is not how it works, but he has shown that there is a lot of the Constitution that he does not like.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/06/20 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nm.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/06/20 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once the election is over the sitting President, if defeated, should have very limited and mostly ceremonial powers. A transition executive committee should take over and the transition period, or the amount of time between Election Day and the inauguration, should be shortened dramatically. We now live in an America where this has become a literally dangerous period of time that is open for incredibly destructive abuse. I’m afraid what’s about to happen these next three months will prove me right.

PostPosted: 11/06/20 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Once the election is over the sitting President, if defeated, should have very limited and mostly ceremonial powers. A transition executive committee should take over and the transition period, or the amount of time between Election Day and the inauguration, should be shortened dramatically. We now live in an America where this has become a literally dangerous period of time that is open for incredibly destructive abuse. I’m afraid what’s about to happen these next three months will prove me right.

Yeah, it makes us long for the days when people just fought duels over their disagreements rather than literally stoking the flames of insurrection and looking for ways to burn the whole thing to the ground...

PostPosted: 11/06/20 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden is going to speak tonight. Harris will be with him.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/06/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Definitely believe Trump wins a second term. It should be close. And much like 2016, we’ll likely know before we go to bed tonight.

Not looking so prescient.

The fact that we don't have a definitive result already is 100% due to Repub state legislators demanding that absentee ballots not be counted - or in some cases even open the outside envelope - until election day. If we'd gotten those votes the second the polls closed, Biden would have had a sustained lead throughout the evening, with the winner called before bedtime. There would be no "Biden is now taking the lead" if those votes were counted and posted first. Those votes were actually done legally and before any deadline.

And then there's the fact that 150,000 ballots were held by the stooge at the Post Office and not delivered until the day AFTER the election. He disenfranchised 150,000 voters on purpose. The ballots were separated from other mail as they should be. But then, they were not prioritized for immediate delivery, but rather, they were hidden in the bowels of the Post Office for late delivery.

Only one side is cheating...and it's the LOSERS.

~rAf
taropatch

PostPosted: 11/06/20 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Sadaam Hussein exited Kuwait leaving the utilities, hospitals, schools in shambles, the zoo animals shot, and the oilfields aflame. What's frightening is that Sadaam was a potty-trained, fully formed adult

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/06/20 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Democrats lost decisively in the House elections.
If the numbers hold, we're looking at a 220-216 Democrat majority and a 52-48 Republican majority in the Senate. The numbers would also indicate that Loeffler will hold her seat in the upcoming runoff election.

A 4-seat majority in the House is very likely to flip in the mid-terms. In the Senate, there will be more Democrats up for re-election than Republicans in 2022.

The next two years should be interesting to say the least. Court packing will definitely be out of the question for now.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/06/20 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These networks are holding off calling it to maintain their ratings

PostPosted: 11/07/20 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

For anyone who’s been watching politics for a long time, it’s just a little bizarre. Yeah, the only logical and pretty obvious answer is they’re keeping the villain alive as long as they can in this drama because the suspense and, frankly, the villain himself, has been very lucrative for their industry. But, I mean, if the AP and Fox could call Arizona on election night... lol. I’m just surprised that not one of the networks wouldn’t seize the historic opportunity to be on record as being the first to call the election itself.

PostPosted: 11/07/20 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morning Joe is suddenly watchable again. Don’t know what the hell is going on there.

PostPosted: 11/07/20 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I'm usually drawn to the theory that's less sensible, but more amusing

Razz

PostPosted: 11/07/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like that theory.

My theory, Donald has intimidated the media. It’s been obvious since Wednesday, that Joe won. There is no reason not to call it.

PostPosted: 11/07/20 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:

I'm usually drawn to the theory that's less sensible, but more amusing

Razz

Love it!!! 🤣

I've been thinking that it's all been orchestrated to help minimize potential violence. Is it better to announce during the week when people are pre-occupied with responsibilities (work, school) or during the weekend when people are pre-occupied with relaxing and having fun?

I like making Fox call it better!!!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/07/20 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The media have been capitulating to Trump for five years (and Republicans much longer). Not sure why it's a surprise none of these outlets are willing to be the first ones to draw his attacks.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/07/20 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump and Co going full on war on the media right now. Unsurprising.

PostPosted: 11/07/20 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's called.

Really all this delay has done is made people who haven't been following things like the 538 live blog feel like this election is closer than it was. While it wasn't the total landslide the polls suggested, the reason Biden was given such a high % chance to win was that he could survive major polling errors in Trump's favor.

And for those watching the breakdown of where the mail-in votes were coming from, how heavily they were splitting in Biden's favor, and when they were bring counted and added to the vote totals it has been clear that Biden was going to win quite comfortably for some time.

Yet I would get messages from family who don't follow these things that closely, and they all were discussing it like it was still a true toss up. I spent more time explaining why, no, it's not even close anymore...

In a normal election year we would be talking about how an incumbent president just lost by a fairly large margin. People need to realize how rare that is. Incumbency is one of the biggest advantages a person can have in a Presidential election. This likely will cement Trump's legacy, when looked back upon by future historians, as being the worst president in US History up to this point. James Buchanan will have been dethroned.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: