RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chiney Ogwumike Is Making History On & Off the Court

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/27/20 1:06 pm    ::: Chiney Ogwumike Is Making History On & Off the Court Reply Reply with quote

https://www.shondaland.com/live/money/a34466601/wnba-star-chiney-ogwumike-is-making-history-on-and-off-the-court/

Quote:
"I look at [WNBA Hall of Famer] Lisa Leslie and I tell people she's fierce and feminine. I look at my academic mentor at Stanford, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, and she's fierce and feminine," says Ogwumike. "Then for me to see Kerry Washington on the screen, a Black, fierce, feminine, bad-ass, doing her work unapologetically — that energy is something I love and gravitated toward, and the same with Viola Davis."

PostPosted: 10/27/20 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Chiney even touches the Hall of fame for basketball achievements I'm boycotting !

PostPosted: 10/27/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
If Chiney even touches the Hall of fame for basketball achievements I'm boycotting !

Whoever suggested that Chiney is a deserving Basketball Hall of Fame (either the Naismith or the WBHOF) candidate?

PostPosted: 10/27/20 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be nice to see her back on the floor, but only if she can focus on it. That doesn't look too likely with all her other stuff...and the other stuff is probably ultimately more important to her well-being over a much longer period of time.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: