WNBA players vs. the owner whose name they won't say
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/07/20 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie has gotten too deeply into his character

It seemed like his character was only about one thing and only one thing for so long - dissing Cheryl Reeve. And that seems to be centered around and triggered by letting Howard go to Seattle.
I don't see a relationship between Cheryl Reeve's coaching and GM abilities and the Black Lives Matter organization's manifesto (which I hear has recently been taken off their website) . It's like he came up with a new character.

If this isn't no comic book sh*t idk what is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/07/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

If this isn't no comic book sh*t idk what is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

More like wrasslin'.

Signed, a big-time fan of both comics and wrasslin'.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/19/20 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/raphael-warnock-us-senate-georgia-wnba-courage-organizers/

PostPosted: 11/04/20 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ajc.com/politics/its-loeffler-vs-warnock-in-all-out-us-senate-battle/FRKS5Z5QEVGQ5MADDRBT3DOPAM/

Quote:
Loeffler pivoted quickly to attack Warnock as “the most radical candidate anywhere in the country.”

Quote:
“I’m not going to let him get away with not exposing his radical policies and his agenda,” Loeffler told reporters at the end of the night. “His attack on police, his support of Jeremiah Wright’s doctrines of ‘God damn America.’ We’re going to make sure people understand what’s at stake here.”

She has been campaigning lately with Margeret Greene, newly elected US Rep and Q-Anon supporter. I think she is moving into, if not past, Hideous Lord Jimmy territory.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 11/04/20 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While there'll be plenty more about Loeffler on here, I wanted to highlight another WNBA-oriented Georgia victory from last night.

Karen Handel was the derided Senior VP at Susan G. Komen who stepped down after it was revealed she plotted to remove Komen funding for Planned Parenthood in 2012. Her memoir of the ordeal, "Planned Bullyhood," made it onto the Mostbitter List but it wasn't exactly a best-seller.

Juxtaposed with the anti-choice Handel winning a special election in June 2017 (defeating current GA Senate candidate Jon Ossoff, in a runoff) was the Seattle Storm's "Stand With Planned Parenthood" promotion partnership, and then the WNBA's public efforts in 2018 to "Take a Seat, Take a Stand" in support of women's health rights.

Loeffler cited her (then private) opposition to the league's support as part of her campaign as a conservative "outsider". That opposition became public when she needed to fend off Tea Party challenger Doug Collins in what went from a one-appointed-woman race to a three-way musical chairs race for a runoff.

When she ran to sustain her seat on Election Day in 2018, the incumbent Handel lost to an upstart politician and noted gun-control advocate, Lucy McBath, by 4,000 votes. (50.5-49.5%)

Hoping to ride on a Trumpwave with the 2020 presidential election, Handel challenged McBath again, for a suburban Congressional district that's 60 percent White (like Handel), 15 percent Black (like McBath), and comprised of Atlanta's toniest suburbs.

Handel lost. This time, decisively, by 32,000 votes. (54.3-45.7%)

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/politics/elections/lucy-mcbath-karen-handel-congressional-race-6th-district-results-2020/85-041b319b-e61e-4942-b6b8-de311f9ecc41

Coming off her resounding victory, as Loeffler runs to QAnon congresspersons-elect for support, McBath is in a perfect position to help Warnock in the runoff. If Atlanta's northern suburbs aren't terribly wild about Handel, how are they going to feel about Loeffler?

~lw3

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 11/04/20 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
https://www.ajc.com/politics/its-loeffler-vs-warnock-in-all-out-us-senate-battle/FRKS5Z5QEVGQ5MADDRBT3DOPAM/

Quote:
Loeffler pivoted quickly to attack Warnock as “the most radical candidate anywhere in the country.”

Quote:
“I’m not going to let him get away with not exposing his radical policies and his agenda,” Loeffler told reporters at the end of the night. “His attack on police, his support of Jeremiah Wright’s doctrines of ‘God damn America.’ We’re going to make sure people understand what’s at stake here.”

She has been campaigning lately with Margeret Greene, newly elected US Rep and Q-Anon supporter. I think she is moving into, if not past, Hideous Lord Jimmy territory.

Horrible to read this--and not surprising. Loeffler predictably gets worse and worse.

Anyway, thanks, Randy. Always makes me happy to see James Dolan called the name i gave him: Hideous Lord Jimmy. Even though he and his BFF, sexual harasser Isiah Thomas, are gone from the Liberty and the WNBA, the foul smell of those two lives on.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
While there'll be plenty more about Loeffler on here, I wanted to highlight another WNBA-oriented Georgia victory from last night.

Karen Handel was the derided Senior VP at Susan G. Komen who stepped down after it was revealed she plotted to remove Komen funding for Planned Parenthood in 2012. Her memoir of the ordeal, "Planned Bullyhood," made it onto the Mostbitter List but it wasn't exactly a best-seller.

Juxtaposed with the anti-choice Handel winning a special election in June 2017 (defeating current GA Senate candidate Jon Ossoff, in a runoff) was the Seattle Storm's "Stand With Planned Parenthood" promotion partnership, and then the WNBA's public efforts in 2018 to "Take a Seat, Take a Stand" in support of women's health rights.

Loeffler cited her (then private) opposition to the league's support as part of her campaign as a conservative "outsider". That opposition became public when she needed to fend off Tea Party challenger Doug Collins in what went from a one-appointed-woman race to a three-way musical chairs race for a runoff.

When she ran to sustain her seat on Election Day in 2018, the incumbent Handel lost to an upstart politician and noted gun-control advocate, Lucy McBath, by 4,000 votes. (50.5-49.5%)

Hoping to ride on a Trumpwave with the 2020 presidential election, Handel challenged McBath again, for a suburban Congressional district that's 60 percent White (like Handel), 15 percent Black (like McBath), and comprised of Atlanta's toniest suburbs.

Handel lost. This time, decisively, by 32,000 votes. (54.3-45.7%)

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/politics/elections/lucy-mcbath-karen-handel-congressional-race-6th-district-results-2020/85-041b319b-e61e-4942-b6b8-de311f9ecc41

Coming off her resounding victory, as Loeffler runs to QAnon congresspersons-elect for support, McBath is in a perfect position to help Warnock in the runoff. If Atlanta's northern suburbs aren't terribly wild about Handel, how are they going to feel about Loeffler?

~lw3

Thanks for sharing all this. So glad that McBath won. I vividly recall when Handel acted in such disgusting ways while at the Komen Foundation. (I'm a supporter of Planned Parenthood and wrote to Komen to protest.)

I hadn't realized that Handel had gone on to more ugly stuff in Georgia. I'm currently teaching a class on "Memoirs With a Social Conscience" at NYU. When I teach this class again in the future, Handel's memoir will NOT be one of the assigned readings. Smile

PostPosted: 11/07/20 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is now even more crucial for WNBA players and all their supporters to get Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue out of the U.S. Senate via the January 5th runoffs in Georgia.

PostPosted: 11/09/20 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
It is now even more crucial for WNBA players and all their supporters to get Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue out of the U.S. Senate via the January 5th runoffs in Georgia.

Have you joined the FB group to help with the US Senate runoffs in Georgia? Created today, immediate influx of over 400 followers. Lots of fundraising, letter writing and phone bank opportunities. One idea I like is for people to write and stamp post cards, then send in a package to a person in Georgia so they'll have a Georgia postmark.

If I had funding to do so, I'd go down there to canvas but I can't fund myself to do so. As a white female, I'd go wherever Stacey Abrams tells me to. She would know best where I could be effective. I imagine I'd be in the Atlanta suburbs, which are just six hrs from here in NC.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 11/09/20 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Have you joined the FB group to help with the US Senate runoffs in Georgia? Created today, immediate influx of over 400 followers. Lots of fundraising, letter writing and phone bank opportunities. One idea I like is for people to write and stamp post cards, then send in a package to a person in Georgia so they'll have a Georgia postmark.

If I had funding to do so, I'd go down there to canvas but I can't fund myself to do so. As a white female, I'd go wherever Stacey Abrams tells me to. She would know best where I could be effective. I imagine I'd be in the Atlanta suburbs, which are just six hrs from here in NC.

I will be supporting Ossoff and Warnock from New York, just as I have over the last six months. It's great that you're going to join this effort.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: