RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22576
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/20 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad you're enjoying them. More on the way next week.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26956



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/20 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
2020/21 review/preview for the Wings, including salary cap details and analysis from myself (and the rest of it by another name you might recognise...): https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-reflections-and-2021-forecasts-0e0


I am really enjoying these pieces, Richyy. The salary data is fantastic to see in one place and the analysis is great. Thanks for doing and posting them.


+1


+many



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 437
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/20 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Another step back , we will forever be a tweener team . Embarassed


I keep saying the single, common denominator in all these events is Greg Bibb...jus saying 🤔


Skyfan22



Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 315



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/19/20 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Wings could secure Howard. She has won 2 already and probably now wants the money that Bird, Stevie, Clark and Loyd are hogging. Come to Dallas, get the Superman and cement your place as one of the tops I. The league.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1755
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/19/20 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Maybe the Wings could secure Howard. She has won 2 already and probably now wants the money that Bird, Stewie, Clark and Loyd are hogging. Come to Dallas, get the Superman and cement your place as one of the tops in the league.

3 actually, since she was a part of the 2017 Lynx championship team. 3 titles in the past 4 years for Howard - not bad at all.

I’d hate to lose Howard, but if we had to trade her, I’d hope she goes to either New York or Dallas. So many intriguing young pieces on each team, some of which would probably do better being on a veteran-led team like the Storm as opposed to staying on their current squad imo.

Anyone bored enough to throw out a trade idea? Razz How about Howard for Thornton (who's due to make $89k in 2021), Alarie, and the Wings' 2022 1st-rounder. (Yes, I was "realistic" enough not to ask for Ogunbowale or Sabally Wink ).



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 437
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/20 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Maybe the Wings could secure Howard. She has won 2 already and probably now wants the money that Bird, Stewie, Clark and Loyd are hogging. Come to Dallas, get the Superman and cement your place as one of the tops in the league.

3 actually, since she was a part of the 2017 Lynx championship team. 3 titles in the past 4 years for Howard - not bad at all.

I’d hate to lose Howard, but if we had to trade her, I’d hope she goes to either New York or Dallas. So many intriguing young pieces on each team, some of which would probably do better being on a veteran-led team like the Storm as opposed to staying on their current squad imo.

Anyone bored enough to throw out a trade idea? Razz How about Howard for Thornton (who's due to make $89k in 2021), Alarie, and the Wings' 2022 1st-rounder. (Yes, I was "realistic" enough not to ask for Ogunbowale or Sabally Wink ).


How about: Howard >Thornton, Meagan & KLS?


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1755
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/20 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I’d hate to lose Howard, but if we had to trade her, I’d hope she goes to either New York or Dallas...

Anyone bored enough to throw out a trade idea? Razz How about Howard for Thornton (who's due to make $89k in 2021), Alarie, and the Wings' 2022 1st-rounder. (Yes, I was "realistic" enough not to ask for Ogunbowale or Sabally Wink ).

How about: Howard >Thornton, [Megan] & KLS?

Swap out Gustafson (who may or may not even be in the League next year) for that 2022 1st-rounder of yours and ya got yourself a deal! Mr. Green Wink



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
Cooper2009



Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 78
Location: Atlanta


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/20 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I’d hate to lose Howard, but if we had to trade her, I’d hope she goes to either New York or Dallas...

Anyone bored enough to throw out a trade idea? Razz How about Howard for Thornton (who's due to make $89k in 2021), Alarie, and the Wings' 2022 1st-rounder. (Yes, I was "realistic" enough not to ask for Ogunbowale or Sabally Wink ).

How about: Howard >Thornton, [Megan] & KLS?

Swap out Gustafson (who may or may not even be in the League next year) for that 2022 1st-rounder of yours and ya got yourself a deal! Mr. Green Wink


Right... I think if you throw in Thornton she makes Clark a bit more expendable which helps the Seattle cap issue



_________________
Nared.
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1755
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/20 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I’d hate to lose Howard, but if we had to trade her, I’d hope she goes to either New York or Dallas...

Anyone bored enough to throw out a trade idea? Razz How about Howard for Thornton (who's due to make $89k in 2021), Alarie, and the Wings' 2022 1st-rounder. (Yes, I was "realistic" enough not to ask for Ogunbowale or Sabally Wink ).

How about: Howard >Thornton, [Megan] & KLS?

Swap out Gustafson (who may or may not even be in the League next year) for that 2022 1st-rounder of yours and ya got yourself a deal! Mr. Green Wink


Right... I think if you throw in Thornton she makes Clark a bit more expendable which helps the Seattle cap issue

I was actually thinking Thornton could learn under Clark for a year or two and then take over for Clark later on when she inevitably starts to decline. Someone younger than Thornton arguably makes more sense; that's why I thought New York would also be a good trading partner, given their surplus of young & athletic SFs. Still, Thornton is only one year older than Jewell Loyd, so she's definitely not 'old' yet and would be another veteran addition to our contending group.



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5761



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Dallas needs to offer Seattle something different.

How about

Howard for Alarie and pick #5

Adding Howard to Ogunbowale and Sabally will take Dallas to the next level so I don't see it as an overpay, if anything I see it as an under pay but it is still a decent offer when you know Seattle needs to dump some salary. Also Seattle doesn't need three players in return they already have a decent roster


Seattle needs a post to replace Howard (obviously Magbegor or Russell becomes the starter but adding a nice young bench post helps Seattle move on from Langhorne and Tuck's contract) and the pick can be used to fill a whole on the perimeter.

Dallas
Ogunbowale/Harris/Jefferson
Gray/Mabrey
Thorton/pick 7 (Westbrook, Richards)
Sabally/pick 3 (Davis, Mack or Kuier)/Gustafson, Wire or pick 13
Howard/Harrison

you can definitely mix or match smaller and bigger line ups or offensive or defensive line ups (I only kept both Jefferson and Harrison because they have Guaranteed contracts. It would be great to swap out Jefferson for a better 5th post) The starters and bench of Harris, Mabrey, Harrison and the two 1st round draft picks is a strong team that goes 10 deep. You can also do different starters, this Dallas squad has the potential to be a top 3 offense.

Seattle
Bird/Canada
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/pick 5 (Onyenwere, Westbrook)
Magbegor/Alarie
Stewart/Russell

last spot (or last two if the trade fees up enough money for two cheaper contracts)
pick 11 the storm can go point guard with Mangakahia, Slocum or Heal, or go post with Boley or Rupert or do a draft and stash and bring over Laksa

Seattle still looks competitive but I might keep Howard and lose Whitcomb and some of the depth for more talent at the top. Magbegor and Russell would really have to step up for Seattle to compete for a championship without Howard.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1755
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As it was said before, Bonner's trade and Diggins-Smith's trade netted three assets each. Howard's younger, and arguably better than both of them (as evidenced in 2019 when she actually had to be on her A-game), so her trade imo would have to be even more substantial. And if the Storm were shopping Howard, who's to say it'd be because she wanted out? There's just enough of a possibility that the Storm trades her anyway, both to save money and also to further prioritize our overall depth, especially since Mercedes Russell could take Howard's spot in the starting lineup and the Storm might not miss a beat anyway. Unless Howard damn near telegraphs that she wants to switch teams in 2021, adding in that uncertainty would help the Storm's leverage in negotiations.

Here's why I pitched the trade I pitched above. Dallas' most valuable asset not named Ogunbowale or Sabally might just be their 2022 1st-round pick, especially since the Draft's depth has been established and I can't see Dallas finishing higher than 7th even with Howard theoretically on their roster. Too, that pick obviously wouldn't take up a spot on the Storm's roster in 2021. The other two assets would ideally be a cheap vet who is a proven contributor (Thornton, but if Allisha Gray as an RFA wants to come here on a cheap deal, then by all means) and a cheap young player (Alarie, although her trade value is admittedly a bit sus since she had such a tough first year offensively). Thornton & Alarie could simply replace Tuck & Langhorne's two spots, respectively. Trading for a 1st-rounder this year makes very little sense, as the last thing the Storm as a legit contender would want is to add (more) rookies onto the roster – and I'm not personally convinced those international deferral picks will be worth picking in the Top 7 or 8. At least after the current overseas season's over, the 2020 rookies will have that year of professional experience under their belt. It's bad enough we'll probably have to deal with having Kitija Laksa on the roster. Embarassed (If Dallas or any other team out there wants her, please, have at her)



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22576
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 3:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can't trade a free agent you've cored without their consent. So she'd have to agree to the deal (or agree a contract with the Storm, and then be traded later on).

And for what it's worth, none of these suggested deals beat the option "keep Natasha Howard", unless she actually tells them she wants to go.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1755
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You can't trade a free agent you've cored without their consent. So she'd have to agree to the deal (or agree a contract with the Storm, and then be traded later on).

And for what it's worth, none of these suggested deals beat the option "keep Natasha Howard", unless she actually tells them she wants to go.


To be honest, at this point I don't think Howard is the type of person to care where she ends up. While she likely wants to re-sign, I kinda think she'd just go along with whatever, wherever. Laughing But yeah, we're clearly better off with Howard; these are just some fun rando trade ideas to pass the time. Thinking up a Whitcomb trade, while much more realistic, is not as adventuresome (mostly cuz it wouldn't net as much). Razz



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22576
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think you're going to get much at all for Whitcomb, if she goes. All the other teams can do the maths as well (or if they can't, they can read people like Pelton and me doing it for them Wink ). So they're going to be well aware that Seattle basically can't match, if the other big pieces are staying. So why give anything up? So maybe a second-round pick, at most, just to smooth the way (unless something like a Howard trade or Clark leaving opens up space and makes matching a Whitcomb offer sheet more plausible).

(ETA: Apologies for going off on a Storm tangent in the Dallas thread)



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10014
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15466
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....


No offence, but the idea that Alarie would be better to have than Howard is just Laughing


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10014
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....


No offence, but the idea that Alarie would be better to have than Howard is just Laughing


Its more of the Idea of Having Alarie with Howard than having one or the other . I do want howard , but she's no spring chicken. Alarie will get better plus #5 is just too much IMO.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5761



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Howard just changes the trajectory of the Wings in a way that none of the Wing's assets being traded in this discussion do. Ogunbowale, Sabally and Howard together is just such a fascinating combo, yes there is some risk (maybe Howard 2020 is the sign of decline as opposed to lockdown affect combined with losing touches to Stewart) but Dallas has more than enough assets to take that risk IMO. Heck if you can add a banger to that combo Dallas becomes a Championship contender.

Lets say it is my trade Alarie and #5 or the 2022 first round pick (Heck I would consider doing all 3 but lets skip that for now, in short I think adding a vet who has two championship, creates a very interesting big 3 with two young stars and has been a top 10 player in 2 of the last three years, makes any trade that Dallas puts up that doesn't include Ogunbowale and Sabally pretty much worth it), but you also are able to poach Ch. Parker from Chicago (Dallas probably has the cap space to do that).

Ogunbowale/Harris/Jefferson
Gray/Mabrey
Sabally/Thorton/pick 7 (Westbrook or Richards)
Howard/pick 3 (Davis. Mack or Kuier)
Ch. Parker/Harrison

That is a possible championship contender. And you still have so much youth that can develop over the next few season, combined with middle age vets that you probably are in the top 4 mix for the next 3 years or so. These swing for the fences moves seem slightly more realistic than Griner or N. Ogwumike. I think Dallas can not do any moves and continue their upward momentum but if you want to aim for established pieces you probably have to be willing to sacrifice a little more and Dallas more than any other team has the right combo of assets, cap space and potential already baked into its core (Ogunbowale, Sabally, Gray,Thorton, Harrison, Alarie, Harris, Mabrey, 3 first round picks in 21) that it is probably worth it.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10014
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
IMO Howard just changes the trajectory of the Wings in a way that none of the Wing's assets being traded in this discussion do. Ogunbowale, Sabally and Howard together is just such a fascinating combo, yes there is some risk (maybe Howard 2020 is the sign of decline as opposed to lockdown affect combined with losing touches to Stewart) but Dallas has more than enough assets to take that risk IMO. Heck if you can add a banger to that combo Dallas becomes a Championship contender.

Lets say it is my trade Alarie and #5 or the 2022 first round pick (Heck I would consider doing all 3 but lets skip that for now, in short I think adding a vet who has two championship, creates a very interesting big 3 with two young stars and has been a top 10 player in 2 of the last three years, makes any trade that Dallas puts up that doesn't include Ogunbowale and Sabally pretty much worth it), but you also are able to poach Ch. Parker from Chicago (Dallas probably has the cap space to do that).

Ogunbowale/Harris/Jefferson
Gray/Mabrey
Sabally/Thorton/pick 7 (Westbrook or Richards)
Howard/pick 3 (Davis. Mack or Kuier)
Ch. Parker/Harrison

That is a possible championship contender. And you still have so much youth that can develop over the next few season, combined with middle age vets that you probably are in the top 4 mix for the next 3 years or so. These swing for the fences moves seem slightly more realistic than Griner or N. Ogwumike. I think Dallas can not do any moves and continue their upward momentum but if you want to aim for established pieces you probably have to be willing to sacrifice a little more and Dallas more than any other team has the right combo of assets, cap space and potential already baked into its core (Ogunbowale, Sabally, Gray,Thorton, Harrison, Alarie, Harris, Mabrey, 3 first round picks in 21) that it is probably worth it.


This is my argument . I agree with everything posted here and would love to see a line up above. BUT do we really think that team can contend with the likes of Seattle , Vegas , LA , WASH full strength ? No , Howard and Parker downlow are an upgrade but im still not seeing title contender. Im really hoping we go after Nneka or BG . One or both or one mixed with Howard then were talking ! Id give #5 hell #1 if we had it for that combo ! Id also prefer the league's scoring champ playing off the ball and getting open to score versus setting others up.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 437
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I’d hate to lose Howard, but if we had to trade her, I’d hope she goes to either New York or Dallas...

Anyone bored enough to throw out a trade idea? Razz How about Howard for Thornton (who's due to make $89k in 2021), Alarie, and the Wings' 2022 1st-rounder. (Yes, I was "realistic" enough not to ask for Ogunbowale or Sabally Wink ).

How about: Howard >Thornton, [Megan] & KLS?

Swap out Gustafson (who may or may not even be in the League next year) for that 2022 1st-rounder of yours and ya got yourself a deal! Mr. Green Wink


Noooooo...take the deal, please 😢


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 437
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I think Dallas needs to offer Seattle something different.

How about

Howard for Alarie and pick #5

Adding Howard to Ogunbowale and Sabally will take Dallas to the next level so I don't see it as an overpay, if anything I see it as an under pay but it is still a decent offer when you know Seattle needs to dump some salary. Also Seattle doesn't need three players in return they already have a decent roster


Seattle needs a post to replace Howard (obviously Magbegor or Russell becomes the starter but adding a nice young bench post helps Seattle move on from Langhorne and Tuck's contract) and the pick can be used to fill a whole on the perimeter.

Dallas
Ogunbowale/Harris/Jefferson
Gray/Mabrey
Thorton/pick 7 (Westbrook, Richards)
Sabally/pick 3 (Davis, Mack or Kuier)/Gustafson, Wire or pick 13
Howard/Harrison

you can definitely mix or match smaller and bigger line ups or offensive or defensive line ups (I only kept both Jefferson and Harrison because they have Guaranteed contracts. It would be great to swap out Jefferson for a better 5th post) The starters and bench of Harris, Mabrey, Harrison and the two 1st round draft picks is a strong team that goes 10 deep. You can also do different starters, this Dallas squad has the potential to be a top 3 offense.

Seattle
Bird/Canada
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/pick 5 (Onyenwere, Westbrook)
Magbegor/Alarie
Stewart/Russell

last spot (or last two if the trade fees up enough money for two cheaper contracts)
pick 11 the storm can go point guard with Mangakahia, Slocum or Heal, or go post with Boley or Rupert or do a draft and stash and bring over Laksa

Seattle still looks competitive but I might keep Howard and lose Whitcomb and some of the depth for more talent at the top. Magbegor and Russell would really have to step up for Seattle to compete for a championship without Howard.


Damn, you would make a hella GM because you're always on it!!!


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 437
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....


I approve this message 🤫


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26956



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/20 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....


I approve this message 🤫


sorry y'all are crazy. Howard makes you instantly a contender. Alarie and or #5 does not even come close.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1755
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/27/20 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
sorry y'all are crazy. Howard makes you instantly a contender. Alarie and or #5 does not even come close.


Very Happy Loving this take. I even thought my trade idea was still Dallas-friendly. Laughing



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22576
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/27/20 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....


I approve this message 🤫


sorry y'all are crazy. Howard makes you instantly a contender. Alarie and or #5 does not even come close.

They've also, once again, got so many damn picks and so many damn players that people are just going to get cut unless they make upgrade trades. Two-for-ones and three-for-ones are a good idea for Dallas (and no one seems to like this draft class anyway).

I understand being a little wary of Howard, given how up-and-down her career has been (and even how uneven her 2020 season was), but she's a significant upgrade on any post Dallas has. Even if she doesn't score a point, she's one of the best defenders in the league (hypothetically joining an awful, awful defensive team). Alarie and a mid-first would seem like a steal, unless you're absolutely in love with what Alarie might become way down the line.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin