RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sticky Team Threads - Good or Bad?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the 12 Team Threads stay "stickied" over the off-season?
Yes
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 27

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/09/20 5:36 pm    ::: Sticky Team Threads - Good or Bad? Reply Reply with quote

12 team threads 'stickied' - convenient or annoying?

Your call

PostPosted: 10/09/20 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voted “yes”, but I can see why others wouldn’t like it. I myself am good either way.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/10/20 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd say no. The individual team threads usually stay towards the top but by making them sticky they stay at the top pushing other new threads down while also making it less clear when there are new posts, But not a big deal.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/10/20 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my compromise is

leave them up for a little longer maybe through the draft lottery? (If it soon-ish) When is the draft lottery?

Then let them float away for the quiet months and

re-sticky at the beginning of free agency when team future chat heats up again.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/10/20 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love being able to easily find them. Thank you. Otherwise some of them tend to drift away and rather than go find them, lazy people like me just start another one, which further confuses it all.

And why not? Are there that many other hot topics to discuss? Just get in the habit of looking half way down the page and seeing if there's anything else new.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 10/11/20 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the sticky's as well - some teams have enough threads that they are always easy to find, while others do become hard to find.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/11/20 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No. If they are not popular, they SHOULD drift down. Like any other topic.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/12/20 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
No. If they are not popular, they SHOULD drift down. Like any other topic.

+1

PostPosted: 10/13/20 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oooh, the voting went down to the wire.
While Yes was the winner of the popular vote, under the eluuuctoral college system it wasn't a large enough margin to effect a change.
So I will compromise and sticky a new thread with links to the team threads.

Glenn is right in a sense, that unused threads should drift down, but what I was hoping to avoid is people starting new threads where using an existing one would be better, and that's more likely to happen when an existing thread drops off page 1.
Normally it's not that big a deal anyway, but I do think it's handy for the team threads in particular to stay comprehensive for anyone who might only check in occasionally over the off-season.

What would have been really handy was if there was a way to sticky them to page 1 rather than to the top of page 1, but with 18 year old free software you get what you pay for I guess.
(I still haven't given up on trying to get it upgraded btw)

PostPosted: 10/13/20 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
While Yes was the winner of the popular vote, under the eluuuctoral college system it wasn't a large enough margin to effect a change.

Glenn is right in a sense, that unused threads should drift down, but what I was hoping to avoid is people starting new threads where using an existing one would be better, and that's more likely to happen when an existing thread drops off page 1.
Normally it's not that big a deal anyway, but I do think it's handy for the team threads in particular to stay comprehensive for anyone who might only check in occasionally over the off-season.

What would have been really handy was if there was a way to sticky them to page 1 rather than to the top of page 1, but with 18 year old free software you get what you pay for I guess.

Yeah, I had thought to mention that, but realized it would be futile. Anyway good compromise. Thanks.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/14/20 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Yeah, I had thought to mention that, but realized it would be futile. Anyway good compromise. Thanks.

agree

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/15/20 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the sticky threads too, particularly in the off-est part of the off-season. All the news is in one place, and you can actual tell which team HAS news without scrolling down. Around draft time, new issues start to arise that merit their own threads and the sticky team threads are less useful and could drop off. Just my 2 cents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: