RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The best never

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 10/07/20 12:35 pm    ::: The best never Reply Reply with quote

Who's the best current player without a ring?

PostPosted: 10/07/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles might statistically be the “best” but with 4 finals appearances and 0 rings, McCoughtry Is certainly the Susan Lucci of the WNBA.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/07/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Charles might statistically be the “best” but with 4 finals appearances and 0 rings, McCoughtry Is certainly the Susan Lucci of the WNBA.

McCoughtry and Hammon are the only two players, TTBOMK, with at least 10 WNBA finals games played, without a championship. They are also, AFAIK, the only two players to go to the Finals with at least two different franchises, without winning a ring with either one.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 10/07/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

McCoughtry and Hammon are the only two players, TTBOMK, with at least 10 WNBA finals games played, without a championship. They are also, AFAIK, the only two players to go to the Finals with at least two different franchises, without winning a ring with either one.

Vickie Johnson, who was Hammon's teammate for all of her finals appearances, also qualifies.

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cold-blooded!!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!! Dethroned 2019 WNBA Champions!!!

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

So, you're saying that Angel McCoughtry won't win a WNBA title until her 19th season? (Which was how long Lucci had to wait until she finally won an Emmy)

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=J51GAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5_gMAAAAIBAJ&dq=26th%20daytime%20emmy&pg=1410%2C4361266

PostPosted: 10/07/20 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One (barring cap space) solution for the top two names

Charles signs with LV
(If Cambage doesn't return in 21 because of Olympics I could see Laimbeer play with this idea (BL loves his retreads) Charles 4 Wilson 5 could work actually Charles doesn't want to be banging in the post anymore anyway and does have the range and high post game to keep the low post open for Wilson)

or Charles signs with Chicago for a Charles Sloot combo

or Charles signs with Washington and goes for her own

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/07/20 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

So, you're saying that Angel McCoughtry won't win a WNBA title until her 19th season? (Which was how long Lucci had to wait until she finally won an Emmy)

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=J51GAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5_gMAAAAIBAJ&dq=26th%20daytime%20emmy&pg=1410%2C4361266

This is wrong. Just checked. Susan Lucci began on ALL MY CHILDREN in 1970. She didn't win an Emmy until 1999. Angel McCoughtry's first WNBA season was 2009. Perhaps she can win a WNBA championship in 2038? Smile

PostPosted: 10/07/20 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, I don't want to see Angel "Gordie Howe" herself, just to win a ring...

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Speebs56

PostPosted: 10/07/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[ (Which was how long Lucci had to wait until she finally won an Emmy) ]

I think it was Lucci's 19th nomination when she finally won the Emmy.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/08/20 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
One (barring cap space) solution for the top two names

Charles signs with LV
(If Cambage doesn't return in 21 because of Olympics I could see Laimbeer play with this idea (BL loves his retreads) Charles 4 Wilson 5 could work actually Charles doesn't want to be banging in the post anymore anyway and does have the range and high post game to keep the low post open for Wilson)

or Charles signs with Chicago for a Charles Sloot combo

or Charles signs with Washington and goes for her own

Aja scores majority of her points from the high post though . I don't think these two would be a good pair .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: