RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA players vs. the owner whose name they won't say
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/05/20 10:00 pm    ::: WNBA players vs. the owner whose name they won't say Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/sports/basketball/wnba-loeffler-warnock-blm.html?searchResultPosition=1

PostPosted: 10/05/20 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they should just quit...how dare the owner of the team have an opinion and how dare he/she force these players to play this game....even paying them...insulting.....they should be released from their contracts and allowed to work at TJMaxx....

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/05/20 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd..... respond............... to your...... comment... elsie..... but..... I already know my man Bob's about to pop off on ya. Razz

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/06/20 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
they should just quit...how dare the owner of the team have an opinion and how dare he/she force these players to play this game....even paying them...insulting.....they should be released from their contracts and allowed to work at TJMaxx....

That's right. Release every player that plays for Atlanta. Hey Coach Wade! Stand back and stand by!

PostPosted: 10/06/20 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I'd..... respond............... to your...... comment... elsie..... but..... I already know my man Bob's about to pop off on ya. Razz

Hi, Stormeo. Was there something you thought I should deal with? I didn't notice anything worthy of comment. Smile But I'm definitely sending you my good wishes.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

Your right (sarcasm)!! They may be better off so that they don’t have to work for or have fans like you who don’t value people or their rights as citizens. Shame on them for speaking up about their owner using them as a political tool for her own self interest. Elsie let people like you tell it, they aren’t human anyway.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/06/20 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Hi, Stormeo. Was there something you thought I should deal with? I didn't notice anything worthy of comment. Smile But I'm definitely sending you my good wishes.

Taking the high road, I see, that's very gracious of you! Laughing

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 10/06/20 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Shame on them for speaking up about their owner using them as a political tool for her own self interest. Elsie let people like you tell it, they aren’t human anyway.

To be fair, I'm not a fan of the WNBA and its players promoting that almost all Americans, including themselves, should put to death/sent to death camps and those not put to death be turned into slaves (since that's I've come to conclusion what Black Lives Matter, and probably other similar groups are about), so I don't see anything wrong with Loeffler for being against that either. Since I assume other people are smarter and more infromed than me, that's why I wanted to know if Reeve is an anti-American terrorist and/or the Lynx, if not the entire WNBA/all of WBB is a front for terrorism, since now it makes sense that the police would be mad at the Lynx for promoting Anti-American terrorism back in 2016 by wearing shirts with Black Lives Matter on them. Also now it makes sense that all the players kneeling in all sports or boycotting during the National Anthem were promoting destruction of America, not protesting anything.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/06/20 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Shame on them for speaking up about their owner using them as a political tool for her own self interest. Elsie let people like you tell it, they aren’t human anyway.

To be fair, I'm not a fan of the WNBA and its players promoting that almost all Americans, including themselves, should put to death/sent to death camps and those not put to death be turned into slaves (since that's I've come to conclusion what Black Lives Matter, and probably other similar groups are about), so I don't see anything wrong with Loeffler for being against that either. Since I assume other people are smarter and more infromed than me, that's why I wanted to know if Reeve is an anti-American terrorist and/or the Lynx, if not the entire WNBA/all of WBB is a front for terrorism, since now it makes sense that the police would be mad at the Lynx for promoting Anti-American terrorism back in 2016 by wearing shirts with Black Lives Matter on them. Also now it makes sense that all the players kneeling in all sports or boycotting during the National Anthem were promoting destruction of America, not protesting anything.

Moderators: If this isn't the final straw, what will be??

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 10/06/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Fine, I'll stay away for awhile. It was people here complaing about Loeffler originally that made me realize what I didn't realize before that Trump has to be good (and therefore Loeffler has to be good) because he believes in American values of life, liberty and the pursuit of hapiness for everybody, while groups like Black Lives Matter and other fake social justice groups are because the powers in charge want to get rid of Trump because he is in the way of a totalarian dictatorship in which all ordinary people are enslaved or put to death. Since it took me that long figure out what seems to be common sense, I figured everybody here must be against Loeffler or Trump because they want people put to death and enslaved, and that's what the WNBA coaches and teams want too, or they'd say otherwise. Since I'm against racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred, evil, etc., I'll stay away for several weeks instead of getting outraged all the time here.

craigmont

PostPosted: 10/06/20 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not several weeks. Forever.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/06/20 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

Exactly right. Should anyone here be allowed to smear the WNBA and all of women's basketball?

PostPosted: 10/06/20 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

Exactly right. Should anyone here be allowed to smear the WNBA and all of women's basketball?

Since there's no way to block a user, all we can do is ignore the stupid and not respond to it.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/06/20 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

Since there's no way to block a user, all we can do is ignore the stupid and not respond to it.

There's other stuff that can happen too.
I try to be tolerant of different points of view. I try to be tolerant of someone's "shtick", but ultimately this place is for fans of the WNBA and women's basketball, not haters of it, so....

PostPosted: 10/06/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awe I for one if I must say , enjoys space junkies weird bantering . BUT that comment was a bit outrageous. I think space knows that at this point & that he or she can be a bit over the top !Give space one more chance!!!

PostPosted: 10/06/20 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Awe I for one if I must say , enjoys space junkies weird bantering . BUT that comment was a bit outrageous. I think space knows that at this point & that he or she can be a bit over the top !Give space one more chance!!!

NO.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I try to be tolerant of different points of view. I try to be tolerant of someone's "shtick", but ultimately this place is for fans of the WNBA and women's basketball, not haters of it, so....

Better eight years late than never?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/06/20 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was dumb and repetitive, but ultimately also harmless and easy to ignore, prior to this season when the racial stuff came into it.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was dumb and repetitive, but ultimately also harmless and easy to ignore, prior to this season when the racial stuff came into it.

So being openly racist was bad but hating on all of women's basketball is the straw that broke the camel's back.

We already have vulgar in our white house, we don't need to give them a forum here. Put 'em where the sun don't shine.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

It would have been "easy to ignore," if this board had an Ignore function (something that I know is available for phpBB) enabled, but alas.

"Harmless"? Depends on where you exist on the "food chain," I guess.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

It would have been "easy to ignore," if this board had an Ignore function (something that I know is available for phpBB) enabled, but alas.

"Harmless"? Depends on where you exist on the "food chain," I guess.

Yeah, the ignore feature thing is a given. It's annoying that it doesn't exist here. Though if I wasn't a moderator who felt obliged to read everything posted, I would just keep scrolling as soon as I saw that avatar.

The Reeve stuff ... firstly it's such an objectively shitty take that it's difficult (for me) to take seriously enough to find it offensive, but secondly, when it comes to matters of purely basketball I think the community here can speak for itself. My preference is always to not silence stuff, not lock threads, not delete things.
If someone goes full Jet Jaguar like this then that's different of course.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I view the notion of "easy to ignore" as completely problematic. It's introduced here as a generalization, which obliterates the fact that what is easy for ME to ignore may be impossible for YOU to ignore. Especially if I have privilege (and I do as someone white and male) while others don't.

Whatever the moderators choose to do or not do involving any particular toxic person active on RebKell, I urge people to discard any generalized notion of "easy to ignore." What any of us can easily ignore is individual, very personal, and deeply influenced by our differing social positions.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie has gotten too deeply into his character

PostPosted: 10/06/20 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

He worked himself into a shoot, brother!

tfan

PostPosted: 10/07/20 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

It seemed like his character was only about one thing and only one thing for so long - dissing Cheryl Reeve. And that seems to be centered around and triggered by letting Howard go to Seattle.
I don't see a relationship between Cheryl Reeve's coaching and GM abilities and the Black Lives Matter organization's manifesto (which I hear has recently been taken off their website) . It's like he came up with a new character.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: