RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN Way-Too Early Top-25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 09/29/20 6:53 am    ::: ESPN Way-Too Early Top-25 Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29977711/women-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-south-carolina-top-baylor-rising

Yes, I'm a UCONN fan, but as a Syracuse season-ticket holder and someone who can walk to the Dome from their apartment, this post is about them. They have a lot of question marks, but my goodness, they could be a lot better than #23. Will Tiana Mangakahia be all the way back? Man, I sure hope so and what a great story that would be. Can Mangakahia and Kiara Lewis, who are both sort of ball dominant, coexist? Did Emily Engstler get in better shape, work on her conditioning, and can she become a 15/5/5 type player? She clearly has the most talent on the team. Can the freshman step up right away? And lastly, Can Q run an offense that can work? He's a great recruiter and motivator, but sometimes I scratch my head with his in game coaching and substitution patterns.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/29/20 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, way, way too early, but fun to start thinking about it.

So Caro is indeed building an empire. The new version of a UConn dynasty? Or just filling in for a year or two?

Will Baylor really be that good? Smith, Carrington, and Richards are all good...but not sure any can actually carry a team on their shoulders. I assume Egbo will be the starting C. She too is adequate but not really star material IMO. And a lot will rest on incoming Freshman PG. They look pretty 'thin' to me and they lost a lot! One injury and that will be that.

Not sure how Stanford will put it all together but at least they have depth...lots of depth, so much that it may be a problem doling out the minutes. I hope Tara learned some things last year in that regard.

Louisville and UConn both have frontcourt issues. How they cover that will determine how far they go.

IMO NC State will be better than #7.

Miss. St is over-rated. I'm curious to see how UTenn does this year. Losing Zaay Green was big, but I think Kellie will have a tough competitive team in the SEC and will be somewhere in the top 25.

I suspect Oregon will be better than #10. Graves is really good at putting it all together. It would surprise me if either UCLA or Arizona finish ahead of them. And OrSU will definitely be in the mix in the P12.

Lots of other thoughts but enough for now!

Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 09/29/20 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know that it's way too early. This is about the time preview mags start hitting the stands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: