Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/03/20 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
This entire thread Laughing Laughing Laughing

Foolery and innuendos

I approve

got my popcorn popping. It's the rebkell's show!

- Amanda Gorman
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/04/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
LET THAT HURT GO! Wink Laughing

No, hate I just know about some of the issues with her that went on behind the scenes when she was here, but it seems to be working for her in Phoenix!!!

I am outraged knowing that everybody here is privvy to inside information except for me so I have to make BS guesses on everything! Smile

LOL, fortunately I know someone in a management position whose privy to what goes on but knows I would never compromise them or anyone else!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/04/20 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
No, hate I just know about some of the issues with her that went on behind the scenes when she was here, but it seems to be working for her in Phoenix!!!

Even if you have legitimate "insider" knowledge of Diggins-Smith's behavior in Dallas, there's a zero percent chance that your speculation about what's going on in Phoenix reflects a fair and objective assessment.

But, hey, that's cool with me! I'm not here for "fair and objective," anyway. #HateHard Approved

LMMFAO!!!

It Aint working in Phoenix personally , but her numbers are good unfortunately so i have to hush when it comes to Leggo My prenatal-Smith

Makes me happy 😎😎😎

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 09/20/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I posted this earlier in the season....

Anyone agree??

"The rims seem weird. Like there's too much room between the hoop and the backboard or something.

And they're an inch wider. "

The rims are driving me crazy -- it's like someone exchanged them for new dimensions

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/21/20 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
I posted this earlier in the season....

Anyone agree??

"The rims seem weird. Like there's too much room between the hoop and the backboard or something.

And they're an inch wider. "

The rims are driving me crazy -- it's like someone exchanged them for new dimensions

That seems highly unlikely ... when you get up close to the rims, they always look weird. And anyway, if they weren't standard, where would they get them? Custom-made somewhere to be different?

PostPosted: 09/21/20 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The league is poor. They buy irregular hoops from the 99¢ bin.

PostPosted: 09/21/20 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok maybe not the rims being larger....

but I swear there's an inch or two extra between the backboard and the actual rim --

pilight

PostPosted: 09/21/20 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the rules...

Quote:
Each basket ring shall be securely attached to the backboard with its upper edge 10' above and parallel to the floor and equidistant from the vertical edges of the board. The nearest point of the inside edge of the ring shall be 6" from the plane of the face of the board. The ring shall be painted orange.

I checked my 2008 rulebook and it reads exactly the same on this point.

PostPosted: 09/22/20 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was that strange incident where the ball just landed on the ring support and stayed there at the end of the first half in one of the playoff games last week......never saw that happen before.... Shocked

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/22/20 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
There was that strange incident where the ball just landed on the ring support and stayed there at the end of the first half in one of the playoff games last week......never saw that happen before.... Shocked

I was just thinking about that last night. Based on the rules pilight quoted, the inside edge of the hoop (5/8" thick) is 6 inches from the backboard. I never realized the rim was that far away. Then I looked up the diameter of a WNBA basketball: it's supposed to be between 9.07 and 9.23 inches based on a circumference of 28.5 to 29-inches. So, if the ball makes contact at its midpoint, resting 4.6 inches from the backboard on a bar six inches long, then we see how this is possible. Nonetheless, in 55 years of watching basketball, I had never seen it before.

PostPosted: 09/22/20 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All rims are the same size ... I have changed enough nets over the years to realize that the hoop looks different up close.

And did you know that two men's basketballs can fit inside the circumference of the rim at the same time?

PostPosted: 09/22/20 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:

I was just thinking about that last night. Based on the rules pilight quoted, the inside edge of the hoop (5/8" thick) is 6 inches from the backboard. I never realized the rim was that far away. Then I looked up the diameter of a WNBA basketball: it's supposed to be between 9.07 and 9.23 inches based on a circumference of 28.5 to 29-inches. So, if the ball makes contact at its midpoint, resting 4.6 inches from the backboard on a bar six inches long, then we see how this is possible. Nonetheless, in 55 years of watching basketball, I had never seen it before.

Same for me. 53 years at least.....

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/22/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:

Same for me. 53 years at least.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAiZJfDlPZM

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/22/20 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAiZJfDlPZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKed_f6tF1g

Happens more often than you might think.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/22/20 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a difference between those two shots. The wedge I've seen before. That second one where the ball bounces and then simply rests on the extension is the one that's unusual.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So everyone in both hemispheres predicted the storm would be our champs and it was obvious from the start. Congrats to the storm , but now I’m thinking should this season have even been played? Did some players give up due to wanting to leave the bubble ? I guess losing isn’t so bad when you get to go home to family after 3 months? Right DT?

PostPosted: 10/06/20 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So everyone in both hemispheres predicted the storm would be our champs and it was obvious from the start. Congrats to the storm , but now I’m thinking should this season have even been played? Did some players give up due to wanting to leave the bubble ? I guess losing isn’t so bad when you get to go home to family after 3 months? Right DT?

TV/Ad money. Relevance. This season will probably always have an asterisk next to it in the League’s history books but it was so necessary to potentially build momentum for future seasons, post-once-in-a-century-pandemic. Also, I at least am under the impression they absolutely would’ve lost more money by not having a season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/06/20 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

TV/Ad money. Relevance. This season will probably always have an asterisk next to it in the League’s history books but it was so necessary to potentially build momentum for future seasons, post-once-in-a-century-pandemic. Also, I at least am under the impression they absolutely would’ve lost more money by not having a season.

Makes sense , I just wish we had a more competitive playoffs in the series rounds .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: