RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/11/20 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ask Kevin Cooper or George Gage how "progressive" Harris was as DA. Look at the Orange County jailhouse informant mess to see how little interest she had in holding officials accountable. She declined to support bills mandating cops wear body cameras. For all her talk about opposing the death penalty, when a judge declared it unconstitutional she appealed saying the decision undermines important protections that our courts provide to defendants.

Her presidential campaign was derailed because she couldn't defend her prosecutorial record against a lightweight like Tulsi Gabbard. When Trump starts pardoning people she "wrongfully prosecuted" she'll be a huge detriment to Biden.

I disagree. Harris had a problem in the Democratic primary because she was not liberal enough. That was a problem as she went up against Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren but it puts her in a very good position for the general election. She struggled to find liberal enough positions on health care and taxation, but her policies were still left of what can actually be accomplished. Where she pushed hardest was for women's rights and prosecuting corporations to enforce civil rights.

She believes in working within the system and moving policies to the left without blowing up the system. After Trump I believe she fits well into Biden's return to normalcy campaign. Of course Trump will try to paint her as in line with AOC and Nancy Pelosi and his supporters will try to prosecute that case, but her record doesn't fit that narrative. Indeed, the squawking from the left on her not having been progressive enough as either the San Francisco District Attorney or the California AG will likely help her and the Democratic ticket.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/26/20 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/08/25/trump-has-now-moved-23-million-of-campaign-donor-money-into-his-private-business/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/20 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yky9xGsjQTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/27/20 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Listening to Trump this evening is making me ill. The truth doesn't matter, laws don't matter, and so many people sitting in the audience with no consideration of Covid and only a few masks. Is it wrong for me to hope that some of those people get the virus. (No, I don't want them to die, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't vote)

Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/20 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tbOACaJWdqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 09/02/20 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Is it wrong for me to hope that some of those people get the virus. (No, I don't want them to die, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't vote)

You sound like Howee now. Howee wanted people who supported the Second Amendment to be shot and killed, until his post was removed. Now here you are wishing for potential Trump voters to get a disease that could kill them and others just because you don't like the way they vote.

How disgusting you are. At least the world gets to see what kind of people are on the left side of politics. People like you and Howee. If you EVER post on here talking about how you got COVID I will just laugh at you and call it karma.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/02/20 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The polls haven't changed much since Biden was the clear nominee, but the change in the betting odds has been very significant over the last month. Went from a huge Biden lead to now them being about tied. I wonder what the betters are being influenced by.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/betting_odds/2020_president/#!

Howee

PostPosted: 09/02/20 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Is it wrong for me to hope that some of those people get the virus. (No, I don't want them to die, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't vote)

You sound like Howee now. Howee wanted people who supported the Second Amendment to be shot and killed, until his post was removed. Now here you are wishing for potential Trump voters to get a disease that could kill them and others just because you don't like the way they vote.

How disgusting you are. At least the world gets to see what kind of people are on the left side of politics. People like you and Howee. If you EVER post on here talking about how you got COVID I will just laugh at you and call it karma.

"Removed"?
Quote:
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1589050&highlight=rally+nra+convention#1589050
And the Trumpette Lies abound: delusional fantasies, misinformation, general shitty untruths, etc..... Laughing Laughing The First Class Stupidity is never-ending -- talk about 'disgusting'. Razz

I agree, Cal -- certain people richly deserve their turn with the virus, starting with Donald himself, considering all the Covid he's foisted on the masses with his stupidity. Now, that'd be a karmic debt payment that's long overdue. Cool

PostPosted: 09/04/20 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

"Removed"?
Quote:
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1589050&highlight=rally+nra+convention#1589050
And the Trumpette Lies abound: delusional fantasies, misinformation, general shitty untruths, etc..... Laughing Laughing The First Class Stupidity is never-ending -- talk about 'disgusting'. Razz

I agree, Cal -- certain people richly deserve their turn with the virus, starting with Donald himself, considering all the Covid he's foisted on the masses with his stupidity. Now, that'd be a karmic debt payment that's long overdue. Cool

I will respond to you the exact same way I responded last time: How about JUST YOU. Because clearly there is no limit to how many times you are going to wish people dead or gravely ill on this forum. At some point your chickens will come home to roost.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/20 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P43wDpKQxaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scullyfu

PostPosted: 09/11/20 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now 45 is floating the ridiculous rumor that Biden is on performanceenhancing drugs & that he should take a drug test. Always with the projection.

Biden should agree, as soon as 45 has his.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Now 45 is floating the ridiculous rumor that Biden is on performanceenhancing drugs & that he should take a drug test. Always with the projection.

Yes, clearly this is a problem. The way Joe is tweeting up a shitstorm, rambling on about all the hellacious problems he's single-handedly fighting, it's very obvious Joe is snorting cocaine and mainlining Adderall. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/11/20 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

What's the washout time for ritalin? Cheeto wants to know...before agreeing to a test...

~rAf
calbearman76

PostPosted: 09/12/20 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I don't mind being associated with Howee, but what did I really suggest. First, that some people get a virus that they don't seem to be worried about themselves. That could perhaps save others by making people realize this is a serious health problem. It seems they didn't get chastened enough by the death of Herman Cain.

Note that I also said specifically that I don't want them to die.

Yes I am on the left side of politics on many issues, but is it particularly leftist to want to get a president out of office who has no respect for the law as it applies to him but suggests to police that some police brutality might not be a bad thing; someone who has no respect for the losers and suckers who serve in the military? I'm sure he feels the same way about the New York Firefighters who responded on 9/11. He has honored them by taking roughly $4 million from the funds for their health needs.

My biggest problem is now, and has always been, that Trump does not have any regard for the truth or for the law. His breaking of norms may actually have some benefits, but his blatant disregard for the law is disgusting. And people who don't seem to care about his subversion of justice (most of the Republicans in Congress) as long as they can hold on to power allow this to happen. They cut taxes for the rich, and improve the lives of the wealthy as long as they don't speak out for civil rights; they drive up the debt in 4 years by more than Obama did in 8 and then talk of fiscal responsibility when it comes to Social Security and healthcare.

Yeah, it would break my heart if a few of them caught Covid because they were too stupid to wear a mask, but again I don't want them to die.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/20 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden's stay-off-the-campaign-trail strategy is not working. The polls have tightened considerably. The betting markets have it almost even.

PostPosted: 09/15/20 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Biden's stay-off-the-campaign-trail strategy is not working. The polls have tightened considerably. The betting markets have it almost even.

Probably because the narrative from the media is that he is staying off the campaign trail - when that actually couldn't be further from the truth.

PostPosted: 09/16/20 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Probably because the narrative from the media is that he is staying off the campaign trail - when that actually couldn't be further from the truth.

Anddd.....I think he's amused at how 45 is blowing his bucks, running hither thither and yon, hanging himself with his own lies and bullshit, while Joe ain't even working up a sweat yet. If you lived in a battleground state -- I do -- you'd see the constant flow of Biden ads hammering away. Yeah, Joe's gotta come out swinging, but I think his handlers are pacing the campaign for the home stretch.

PostPosted: 09/25/20 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NX-DdOUlcqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/16/20 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be required reading for everyone before they are granted the right to vote...EVER. What she is saying goes much deeper than just an attack on Trump. It's kind of long, but wow, she is expressing exactly why I fear a second Trump term and am so disgusted with pretty much everything republican right now. Why I fear that this country is headed down a non-returnable path. Hopefully, even if she can't convince people to move to the "dark side" and vote for Biden, she can convince them to withhold a presidential vote or to vote for a third party candidate.

I'm quoting the beginning and ending of her opinion piece. I do hope that you all have time to read the middle. Not that it will change anyone here's mind, but in the hopes that if you know of someone who is holding their nose while voting for Trump, maybe you could share it with them and help them 'fix' what broke 4 years ago.

Quote:
I write this in the hope that Americans who still call themselves Republicans, and plan on voting for Donald Trump, will consider carefully the cost of another Trump presidency to our nation and to our children. As a former Republican state party chair, I understand well how difficult it is to even imagine voting outside the party, and I understand the sense of loyalty to party that decades of activism engenders.

But to pledge allegiance to a political party, void of principle or honor, is an empty oath that will not serve country or conscience. Where once we stood together to advocate for responsible governance, individual liberty, equal justice and opportunity for all, today’s GOP platform is nothing more than a vow to support, protect, defend and defer to Donald Trump.

Quote:
This election poses a unique challenge. It will test not Republicans vs. Democrat or Trump vs. Biden, but rather, “We the People.” It is our role in this constitutional republic, our leadership, and our dedication to the promise of America that is being tested.

Trump or America. We cannot have both.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/10/16/republicans-should-have-stopped-trump-2016-ex-state-gop-chair-column/3665008001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/16/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I don’t think so. And it sure doesn’t surprise me that this is coming from an ex-party chair. She writes this:

“Republicans could have stopped him

It is disingenuous for Republicans to suggest they did not recognize how dangerous Trump could be. Republican leaders knew when they nominated him that he was a threat to the norms of self-governance. They knew he was a merciless narcissist, without empathy or compassion. They knew he was corrupt and dishonest.

They chose him anyway.”

Uh. Right. Actually Republican voters, I.e., the people, overwhelmingly and enthusiastically chose Donald Trump. She’s suggesting that the Republican Party should have used its anti-democratic party powers, which it certainly does possess, to do as the Democrats did this year and find some way to circumvent the will of the actual voters. That’s democracy? That’s preserving American democracy? No that would have been a political party elite crushing the will of the American people.

These two political parties are the antithesis of democracy. They fear and abhor and work against American democracy at every turn. The many many turns. All go to the same place.

But you all should know this. Why don’t you? What’s expressed here in this piece and every day on Rebkell’s is conventional political thinking. Sheep think. There is and has been for decades next level political thought in this country. It’s there, but you have to care enough to find it and read it or hear it. Our self serving two party political system was accurately called out decades ago by Joan Didion in Political Fictions and many others and is still being eviscerated very entertainingly by people like Jimmy Dore and Krystal Ball and Matt Taibbi, etc.

You’re not going to find anything like the truth in USA Today coming out of the mouth of a Republican who simply wants her party back.

PostPosted: 10/16/20 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Our self serving two party political system was accurately called out decades ago by Joan Didion in Political Fictions and many others....

I've certainly articulated this idea here before, as have others. And to this point, Australia has long had more than 2 relevant parties; the UK has more parties than a Penn State Frat house. Are their Democracies any better than ours? It's a complicated equation.

jammerbirdi wrote:
You’re not going to find anything like the truth in USA Today coming out of the mouth of a Republican who simply wants her party back.

Real "Truth" is universal and unchanging. However, any of these political diatribes and discourses are the products of biased people. What she writes is HER truth, and no doubt resonates with others.

I liked where she suggested The Republicans coulda/shoulda done something about it; in a perverse way, that they DIDN'T alter their course was highly "Democratic", imo....in other words, they were hearkening unto a New Wave of voices across America that longed for change, by a brash new persona.

Hell, Capitalism even thrived in that milieu: I watched a 4-year old clip of Ted Koppel upbraiding a panel of media bigwigs on how they could not deny the reality that the Trump Phenomenon was making them awash in huge revenues, given his propensity for the outrageous, and how they welcomed this, and played to it.

Capitalism and Democracy win big in one bold move. How American is THAT?

PostPosted: 10/16/20 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Yeah I don’t think so. And it sure doesn’t surprise me that this is coming from an ex-party chair. She writes this:

"Republicans could have stopped him

It is disingenuous for Republicans to suggest they did not recognize how dangerous Trump could be. Republican leaders knew when they nominated him that he was a threat to the norms of self-governance. They knew he was a merciless narcissist, without empathy or compassion. They knew he was corrupt and dishonest.

They chose him anyway."...[snip]

As author Stephen King‏ tweeted back in July 2016:

Quote:
@StephenKing

One difference between Nixon and Trump: when the Republicans nominated Nixon, they didn't actually KNOW he was a crook.

Shocked

PostPosted: 10/16/20 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/10/16/republicans-should-have-stopped-trump-2016-ex-state-gop-chair-column/3665008001/

She goes with the Charlotteville #FinePeopleHoax lie by omission. Why go with a lie in the midst of saying how incredibly bad someone is which should give plenty of ammunition? And the "racial divide" stuff. Sounds like that part was written by a CNN writer. Polls show Trump is at least as popular as any Republican president with the mostly Democratic hispanics and African Americans (Asians don't get much of a mention yet). And that is with the press and pundits repeatedly labeling a statement he makes as racist. Trump was mentioned in rap songs until he ran for office. And I only hear him labeled racist or saying as she does that he "wants to divide us". Somehow dividing us racially is labeled as one of the ways he wins. I guess that means that all whites will vote for him. But I don't hear him condemned for policies that are bad for non-whites. He has been nice to the illegal workforce, which is now considered a virtuous act (as opposed to the racist act of enforcing the law) and the damage to American workers ignored . They are still all here and he made no attempt to change that. You will never hear him say "E-verify". "Deportation force" disappeared early on before the primaries.

One thing about Trump is that he seems to divide along class lines. He's abrasive, rude and coarse to white collar folks (unless they watch Family Guy) and just like dear old dad to blue collar folks.

I think the best criticism of Trump is with regard to COVID-19. He is a terrible fit for that. Don't see how he could be worse. Now he is tweeting about some study that alleges masks don't work. And the global pandemic may be around for years.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/19/20 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

I think the best criticism of Trump is with regard to COVID-19. He is a terrible fit for that. Don't see how he could be worse. Now he is tweeting about some study that alleges masks don't work. And the global pandemic may be around for years.

His tweet that 85% of people wearing masks will get the virus was so blatantly false that Twitter removed it. People have screenshots showing that is exactly what he said - one of those lies he got from his usual sources.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 10/19/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Polls show Trump is at least as popular as any Republican president with the mostly Democratic hispanics and African Americans (Asians don't get much of a mention yet). And that is with the press and pundits repeatedly labeling a statement he makes as racist. Trump was mentioned in rap songs until he ran for office. And I only hear him labeled racist or saying as she does that he "wants to divide us".

I have serious doubts that any genuine polls reflect that. And I also have no doubt that 45 is not only one of the more bigoted presidents in history, but he's certainly one of the most unafraid (in recent history, at least) to be labeled as such. And in 2020, that figures even more heinously into the scenario: undoubtedly, the worst bigots were operating while slavery was still legal, or shortly thereafter, not 150 years later. His code-speak and dog-whistles are abhorrent, and his inability to roundly and unequivocally denounce ALLLLLLL supremacy groups speaks for itself. He's a bigot extraordinaire.

"....mentioned in rap songs...." proves WHAT?? 2Pac put Mussolini in his lyrics, too. I'd not point to that as a ringing endorsement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: