RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/13/20 6:33 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2021 Reply Reply with quote

Well Great Season Dallas on the bright side we will get a lottery pick and #5 next season so we’re building into a great position. If we can acquire a big time vet we could make some noise next season either way Mayberrys a keeper.

Mayberry
Arike
Gray
Thornton
Sabally
Harris
Alarie
Lottery Pick
#5 Pick
Jefferson hmmm idk trade bait?

KLS
Harrison
Ndour
Gustafson

Can all go.....especially Gustafson her 15 minutes have been up for a while now. Anigwe was cut in favor of her and she literally saw maybe 20 total minutes of action the entire season. Smart move Bibb Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So much potential with this team. In today’s game Mabrey was the MVP of this team. Shoots, handles, steals, blocks, rebounds, distributes. On top of that: she’s like the mama hen to the team, Soothes Arike when she’s irritated, manages the team, consults with Agler, and serves as counsel when representing the team to the refs. I was so opposed to her making the team, but for now I’ll happily eat my words.

Also, so thrilled with Gray. What a big step this year. Everything aspect of her game is better.

I feel Arike has improved. Better shooting percentage. Less defensive liability. I think a bit less of a ball hog with increased assists and more willingness to assist. Hopefully, She supersedes the heights of McCoughtry-it would certainly help if the refs gave her the same calls Angel has gotten along the way.

Satou will be what I had hoped for. As a 4 it’s harder to step into the W, but she has shown the brilliance I hope will be her standard in season 2.

Now, for the not so rosy. The Wings need a post presence. Izzy is the best they’ve got and when not injured was serviceable. I hope she becomes a bit less stiff and more Howard-esque. But , I don’t think she can be replaced without a big addition.

This team, as last year, needs a post presence.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ndour. WTH. Max contract to score less than 25 points in a season. Yet, the last game she was forced to play against Chicago and was a+8. So, is that an Ndour problem or an Agler problem?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Ndour. WTH. Max contract to score less than 25 points in a season. Yet, the last game she was forced to play against Chicago and was a+8. So, is that an Ndour problem or an Agler problem?

Agler.

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Agler.

This is my fear. She was so good in Chicago last year. It seems Agler is not the coach the Wings needed. Did he just shoot them in the foot by not taking this opportunity to use her services and grow her WNBA ability?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brian Agler is a veterans coach who's really not meant to see a team through a rebuild. I thought he was a good obvious hire for the Wings (when he left the Sparks I recall Dallas being the only other open job at the time) that would whip the pre-existing players into shape and help bring in more experienced players into the fold & into his system. Of course, those pre-existing players included Diggins and Cambage as the foundational pieces. Once those two wanted out, Dallas kind of had to go full-rebuild by default... and now here we are.

I think Agler has done a good job with what he has had to work with, namely Ogunbowale and a bevy of other players who will never be stars, since the beginning of the 2020 season up until the end. As we know, Dallas is the youngest team in the League, so it's hard to say if any coach could do better.

What's odd is, he really leaned hard on his rookies and young Wings newcomers (KLS and Mabrey), and didn't really give any set roles to other more experienced newcomers (Ndour) or players on last year's team (Gustafson, arguably Thornton, agreeing to bring Gray off the bench per her request but only in the beginning). I would've liked to see Agler make Thornton into Alysha Clark's image from his time with the Storm, for example. I theorize that he took directions from Greg Bibb when it came to who to give the most minutes to and overall how to approach running the team. Like I said, I still think Agler ended up doing a good job, and giving minutes to the younger talent is probably the right thing to do; but the whole feel of it doesn't really jibe with Agler's style/tendencies as a coach. So I guess all of this is to say, I don't really know if Agler's the right coach for the team either. The rebuild/non-contending years won't magically be over by next year, so if another job with a more established group ever comes a-knockin', I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped ship like he did in his last two stops (...allegedly).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/14/20 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I was hoping for something along the lines of Howard for KLS or Harrison/Ndour & one of our multiple 1st Rd's !!

Lol if Howard wanted out or wanted the supermax and we couldn't afford her, I'd accept that we'd lose such a trade. So, I'll throw in Laksa so we can get rid of her, and be semi-content to get back Dallas' lottery pick, Gray, and KLS (KLS can't be any worse than Laksa's about to be lmao).

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/14/20 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dallas wants a center the Sky has one to trade for pennies on the dollar. Check out my post in the 2021 ATL thread. The same offer for them will be offered to Dallas. Wink

PostPosted: 09/15/20 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
If Dallas wants a center the Sky has one to trade for pennies on the dollar. Check out my post in the 2021 ATL thread. The same offer for them will be offered to Dallas. Wink

#HateHardDeclined

We've learned our lesson from trading with Chicago id hope ,

**See KLS Or Ndour ***** Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/15/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Dallas should try to sign N. Ogwumike

If LA cores Parker and Chiney decides to not return and stick with broadcasting I think there is a sliver, emphasis on sliver of a chance Nneka might want to leave and Dallas would be a great spot for her to pull a McCoughtry and be veteran leader let the younger generation of an up and coming team shine

Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Thorton, Sabally. Ogwumike
Harris, Gray, Alarie, Harrison, 3 first round draft picks
Jefferson, KLS, NDour

that is a lot to work with

I am not saying I would do this so not advocating for this but,

I could also see Dallas try to trade for Griner.

there is a lot of assets to try and put something decent together with
I would start with Sabally, pick #3 and #5
could also throw in or swap out
Jefferson, Harrison, NDour, KLS pick #7 or their pick in 22

of course pulling off both would be sickening but I wouldn't even suggest that
Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Thorton, Ogwumike, Griner
Harris, Gray, Alarie and what is left over from Griner trade

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/15/20 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
sliver of a chance Nneka might want to leave and Dallas would be a great spot for her to pull a McCoughtry and be veteran leader

Remember when there were rumors that McCoughtry was getting traded to Dallas? Whew, what a time... I suppose she will be a free agent again after the 2021 season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/15/20 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/20 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I think Dallas should try to sign N. Ogwumike

If LA cores Parker and Chiney decides to not return and stick with broadcasting I think there is a sliver, emphasis on sliver of a chance Nneka might want to leave and Dallas would be a great spot for her to pull a McCoughtry and be veteran leader let the younger generation of an up and coming team shine

Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Thorton, Sabally. Ogwumike
Harris, Gray, Alarie, Harrison, 3 first round draft picks
Jefferson, KLS, NDour

that is a lot to work with

I am not saying I would do this so not advocating for this but,

I could also see Dallas try to trade for Griner.

there is a lot of assets to try and put something decent together with
I would start with Sabally, pick #3 and #5
could also throw in or swap out
Jefferson, Harrison, NDour, KLS pick #7 or their pick in 22

of course pulling off both would be sickening but I wouldn't even suggest that
Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Thorton, Ogwumike, Griner
Harris, Gray, Alarie and what is left over from Griner trade

Ive also had these thoughts before for these 2 SPECIFIC players. We should try , but i dont see the existing teams letting them go . I doubt Chiney stays in LA if Nneka leaves though . We were supposedly in contention for Bonner as well , but many teams have said that now that FA is over.

PostPosted: 09/15/20 8:37 pm    ::: Re: Dallas Wings 2021 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Well Great Season Dallas on the bright side we will get a lottery pick and #5 next season so we’re building into a great position. If we can acquire a big time vet we could make some noise next season either way Mayberrys a keeper.

Mayberry
Arike
Gray
Thornton
Sabally
Harris
Alarie
Lottery Pick
#5 Pick

KLS
Harrison
Ndour
Gustafson

Can all go.....especially Gustafson her 15 minutes have been up for a while now. Anigwe was cut in favor of her and she literally saw maybe 20 total minutes of action the entire season. Smart move Bibb Rolling Eyes

Kayla Thornton will be included in a blockbuster deal for Britney G. and I'm all for it because KT has maxed her potential at this point in her career (whatever that is) and it's time to invest in someone with a higher ceiling who brings their A game each and every night by being a MAJOR factor in the outcome of the game!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/20 9:06 pm    ::: Re: Dallas Wings 2021 Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Mayberry
Arike
Gray
Thornton
Sabally
Harris
Alarie
Lottery Pick
#5 Pick

KLS
Harrison
Ndour
Gustafson

Kayla Thornton will be included in a blockbuster deal for Britney G. and I'm all for it because KT has maxed her potential at this point in her career (whatever that is) and it's time to invest in someone with a higher ceiling who brings their A game each and every night by being a MAJOR factor in the outcome of the game!!!

I love the BG trade thought no doubt but this part is what concerns me about her tbh. I think BG has reached her ceiling already and she doesn’t bring it every night like she use to when she first came in the league . She’s going to give us 15-20 PPG sure , but I’m sure we would still be the worst rebounding team in history. Now if we can get a blockbuster package of BG AND Nneka then we’re talking. He’ll I’d give up the lottery pick #5 Thornton and Jefferson for those 2! Throw in KLS and Ndour I’f needed!

PostPosted: 09/15/20 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somewhere in 2020 Gray has surpassed Thornton in every aspect of the game. Excepting maybe her defense, but it is close. Gray is effective on without having to look crazy intense.

The players that cannot be traded In my view are: Gray, Arike, Sabally and Mabrey. The rest can be packaged or chopped. Except Harrison. She can only go if they get done post strength.

The one I’d most like traded is Bibb

They could go shopping at Washington. A lot of over achievers there this year that won’t get enough minutes next season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/20 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sanders from DC or Throw the Max at Cheyenne

PostPosted: 09/16/20 12:31 pm    ::: Re: Dallas Wings 2021 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Mayberry
Arike
Gray
Thornton
Sabally
Harris
Alarie
Lottery Pick
#5 Pick

KLS
Harrison
Ndour
Gustafson

I love the BG trade thought no doubt but this part is what concerns me about her tbh. I think BG has reached her ceiling already and she doesn’t bring it every night like she use to when she first came in the league . She’s going to give us 15-20 PPG sure , but I’m sure we would still be the worst rebounding team in history. Now if we can get a blockbuster package of BG AND Nneka then we’re talking. He’ll I’d give up the lottery pick #5 Thornton and Jefferson for those 2! Throw in KLS and Ndour I’f needed!

I wrote that wrong! There should have been two parts, one about BG and the second saying we need to add someone who brings their A game every night.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/16/20 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Somewhere in 2020 Gray has surpassed Thornton in every aspect of the game. Excepting maybe her defense, but it is close. Gray is effective on without having to look crazy intense.

The players that cannot be traded In my view are: Gray, Arike, Sabally and Mabrey. The rest can be packaged or chopped. Except Harrison. She can only go if they get done post strength.

They could go shopping at Washington. A lot of over achievers there this year that won’t get enough minutes next season.

Damn, I agree with EVERYTHING you said 1000%!!!

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/16/20 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

There are some people (not me) that are saying that Dallas needs to see what they can get for Arike and Mabrey, and build around Sabally. There will be more shots for the others players on the team that Arike took and missed.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/16/20 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

There are some people (not me) that are saying that Dallas needs to see what they can get for Arike and Mabrey, and build around Sabally. There will be more shots for the others players on the team that Arike took and missed.

Thank goodness whoever feels that way is not running this organization!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/16/20 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

They're not in Dallas ill confirm that for you .

PostPosted: 09/16/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
There are some people (not me) that are saying that Dallas needs to see what they can get for Arike and Mabrey, and build around Sabally.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="15089379" data-share-method="host" data-width="25%" data-aspect-ratio="1.6327868852459015"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos-yey-gif-15089379">Why Not Both Por Que No Los Dos GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/whynotboth-gifs">Whynotboth GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Well really, why not all three? Never thought I'd be saying that about Mabrey in 2020, but here we are. The real question is how to proceed positionally with these core pieces. Are Ogunbowale & Mabrey a winning starting backcourt? If not (if Mabrey is benched again), is Ogunbowale better off at the 1 or the 2? And then there's now three different positions for them to slot Sabally at - though she's never going to have a future at the 5, I hope they realize that.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/16/20 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
There are some people (not me) that are saying that Dallas needs to see what they can get for Arike and Mabrey, and build around Sabally.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="15089379" data-share-method="host" data-width="25%" data-aspect-ratio="1.6327868852459015"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos-yey-gif-15089379">Why Not Both Por Que No Los Dos GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/whynotboth-gifs">Whynotboth GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Well really, why not all three? Never thought I'd be saying that about Mabrey in 2020, but here we are. The real question is how to proceed positionally with these core pieces. Are Ogunbowale & Mabrey a winning starting backcourt? If not (if Mabrey is benched again), is Ogunbowale better off at the 1 or the 2? And then there's now three different positions for them to slot Sabally at - though she's never going to have a future at the 5, I hope they realize that.

I agree with you. What about Bella Alarie? She had her some good moments on the defensive end but I'm surprised how raw she was on the offensive side of the ball.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/16/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
I agree with you. What about Bella Alarie? She had her some good moments on the defensive end but I'm surprised how raw she was on the offensive side of the ball.

All the posts’ FG%s were bad, quite frankly. I don’t know if the players just didn’t mesh well around each other or if the coaches couldn’t figure out how to use them or what. Granted, they were almost all new to the team, but even the lone returner Harrison had ups & downs before her season-ender. I’d say give them another year to gel, but I saw enough to where I honestly don’t think they’ll ever get there (could be wrong though!). So I’m in favor of Dallas having something of a fire sale on all of them other than Sabally, since a few other teams need different looks at the post position. A lot of good play for non-stars in this League is a result of fit, and these posts just didn’t look like they fit in on this here team.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/16/20 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so...if you shitcan 80% of the team, the big question is 'who do you get back that is better?' and the second question is 'if you don't want them, why do you think another team would?'

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: