Mercury
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Lynx
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/20 10:33 pm    ::: Mercury vs Lynx - 9/17/20 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs Second Round
Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/ (tvpli)

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/mercury-at-lynx-on-09172020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200917/PHOMIN/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401244171

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan

PostPosted: 09/16/20 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx are a great matchup for the Mercury. The most dominant presence will have to handle the Turner defensive treatment and I’m just not sure Dangerfield is ready for a Diana Taurasi elimination game.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/16/20 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
The Lynx are a great matchup for the Mercury. The most dominant presence will have to handle the Turner defensive treatment and I’m just not sure Dangerfield is ready for a Diana Taurasi elimination game.

The lynx will be ready....is turner ready to try and get Syl...I dont think she will be up to the task of trying to defend a well rested syl....diggins and DT will probably have to outscore Syl, collier and Dangerfield themselves to have a chance to win...There just may be too many weapons to handle with Syl now back but I still it will be a good game...lynx by 5-10 points...I would not be shocked if it was closer, but also I would not be shocked if it is a lynx win by 10 plus points

PostPosted: 09/16/20 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
mercfan wrote:

The lynx will be ready....is turner ready to try and get Syl...I dont think she will be up to the task of trying to defend a well rested syl....diggins and DT will probably have to outscore Syl, collier and Dangerfield themselves to have a chance to win...There just may be too many weapons to handle with Syl now back but I still it will be a good game...lynx by 5-10 points...I would not be shocked if it was closer, but also I would not be shocked if it is a lynx win by 10 plus points

That could backfire , this team has played without syl now for about a month . She comes back someone will take a step back in which the Lynx dont need. Dangerfield, Dantas and Collier need to stay aggressive seeking shots even with Syl returning .

PostPosted: 09/16/20 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I'm not sure who Turner can't guard in the paint lol. Plus she hasn't played since beginning of August. I will eat my words but it could do more harm then good to just show up for the playoffs.

That's why Mercury fans weren't really begging Griner to come back. We love her. She's a beast but Turner is getting it DONE defensively. You don't want to mess with that in a win or go home.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/16/20 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My heart says Lynx, but you can never count out the Merc.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/16/20 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:
mercfan wrote:

That could backfire , this team has played without syl now for about a month . She comes back someone will take a step back in which the Lynx dont need. Dangerfield, Dantas and Collier need to stay aggressive seeking shots even with Syl returning .

I am sure it won't backfire and they will stay aggressive. It will help some to have syl back because you know you have somebody that now the Mercury can't match height wise and plus syl can grab rebounds and play great defense even if she does not score alot

PostPosted: 09/16/20 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I'm not sure who Turner can't guard in the paint lol. Plus she hasn't played since beginning of August. I will eat my words but it could do more harm then good to just show up for the playoffs.

That's why Mercury fans weren't really begging Griner to come back. We love her. She's a beast but Turner is getting it DONE defensively. You don't want to mess with that in a win or go home.

Well Griner is no Syl

PostPosted: 09/16/20 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
That could backfire, this team has played without Syl now for about a month.

They haven’t played well. They’re 5-5 in their last 10, which puts them at the bottom for playoff teams in that regard.

WNBA 09 wrote:
She comes back someone will take a step back in which the Lynx dont need.

Carleton will leave the starting lineup. That won’t be devastating. It’ll bring Collier out more to the perimeter where her length is needed. It’s going to be a huge improvement defensively.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dangerfield, Dantas and Collier need to stay aggressive seeking shots even with Syl returning.

Instead of frequently forcing the ball to Fowles, I’m all in favor of a McCowan rebounding, defense, and offensive put backs role for Fowles.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mannman

PostPosted: 09/16/20 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Here I was thinking that the Mercury are a great matchup for the Lynx. Usually, DT got lucky last time they played, but the Lynx have owned the Mercury throughout the years. Plus, DT is getting older, and Crystal will run rings around her. Plus, Syl will probably be back.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/16/20 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Here I was thinking that the Mercury are a great matchup for the Lynx. Usually, DT got lucky last time they played, but the Lynx have owned the Mercury throughout the years. Plus, DT is getting older, and Crystal will run rings around her. Plus, Syl will probably be back.

Crystal running rings around Taurasi. Bold.

We’re talking about the Lynx as if they’ve been good at all as of late.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/17/20 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A decade of being owned by the Lynx can make a person a little gun-shy so no big predictions from me, especially after the energy expended in the Mystics game.

PostPosted: 09/17/20 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except the Lynx they've been owned by in the past (2014 not withstanding, I guess?) Don't really exist anymore.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/17/20 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This will be fun. Just watching Lynx fans and Merc fans snipe at each other may end up being as good as the game itself.

- Amanda Gorman
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/17/20 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Mercury struggle in the first half, I don't see another come from behind victory in them. They just barely beat a team that just barely made the playoffs. I just hope it's another good game.

I don't think the Mercury could beat the Aces and make it to the finals, but I do think a Mercury/Aces semifinal would be far more entertaining.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/17/20 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
If the Mercury struggle in the first half, I don't see another come from behind victory in them. They just barely beat a team that just barely made the playoffs. I just hope it's another good game.

I don't think the Mercury could beat the Aces and make it to the finals, but I do think a Mercury/Aces semifinal would be far more entertaining.

I actually think that the Mercury are a bigger threat to the Aces than the Lynx are, especially if Gojira isn't healthy.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Tally24

PostPosted: 09/17/20 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

We did manage to go 2-0 in the season series though. I feel like the Merc have a better shot against LV than SEA.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/17/20 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

I actually think that the Mercury are a bigger threat to the Aces than the Lynx are, especially if Gojira isn't healthy.

Definitely a bigger threat but I don't think they'd take the series. The Mercury's late season success has been a high wire act the whole time. We've seen what happens if Taurasi or Skyler's shot doesn't fall.

I'd love to see it, but I wouldn't bet on it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/17/20 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

This ______________x

PostPosted: 09/17/20 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Goooooooojirrrrra , you are the originator and i love #HateHardApproved Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/17/20 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking forward to a whole lot of:

PostPosted: 09/17/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Looking forward to a whole lot of:

This is rich coming from a Parker stan Wink

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/17/20 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Must be referring to Cheyenne Parker, because I am no where near a Candace Parker stan. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/17/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Must be referring to Cheyenne Parker, because I am no where near a Candace Parker stan. Laughing

Just messing with you. Gotta stir the pot.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/17/20 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Just messing with you. Gotta stir the pot.

I know you, mercfan. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: