Board Junkies Forums

Aces vs Storm - 9/13/20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/14/20 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
If we had Stewie we woulda won by 20. It makes excited for the playoffs.

You mean like the first time these teams played?

Both teams had all players in the game, they won fair and square. This game We lost by two, we woulda won this game had Stewie.been in it.

PostPosted: 09/14/20 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
pilight wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Both teams had all players in the game, they won fair and square. This game We lost by two, we woulda won this game had Stewie.been in it.

No back-to-backs, in the Finals. Just like Storm fans can hide behind "If Stewie woulda played...", I wouldn't count on McCoughtry only playing five minutes, either.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/14/20 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a 2 point game. Either team that lost could point to a number of missed opportunities.

Honestly, even at full strength I'd slightly favor the Aces in a 5-game series.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/14/20 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
It was a 2 point game. Either team that lost could point to a number of missed opportunities.

Honestly, even at full strength I'd slightly favor the Aces in a 5-game series.

I’d favor the Storm. That is if either team makes it to the finals. Sparks and Lynx are pretty strong teams.

PostPosted: 09/14/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
pilight wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Both teams had all players in the game, they won fair and square. This game We lost by two, we woulda won this game had Stewie been in it.

No back-to-backs, in the Finals. Just like Storm fans can hide behind "If Stewie woulda played...", I wouldn't count on McCoughtry only playing five minutes, either.

And Bird didn't play for either Storm-Aces game. There are a few things we theoretically didn't see out of the regular-season matchups that I hope we'll get to see in the Finals... or maybe not. Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/14/20 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh. Sue Bird is still a good player, but she's no longer a great player. Any time she's on the court, those are minutes that Canada isn't, and Canada's speed and athleticism are bigger threats to the Aces than Bird's veteran savvy, at this point, in my opinion.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/14/20 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird's been vastly more effective than Canada this season. Even before you consider the playmaking and passing - which Bird's still much better at - Canada's inability to shoot really cramps them. Their system and instincts aren't set up like Vegas's to expect drives and interior play constantly. They expect someone to be able to take a wide open shot when the ball gets rotated or kicked out to a perimeter player. And Canada hasn't been good enough at using the space to turn that look into a layup or makeable shorter-range shot instead.

PostPosted: 09/14/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canada brings a lot of good things, but she is still not an efficient scorer. I thought there were too many possessions where she treated herself as the first option and drove into the paint when it was full of Vegas bigs.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/16/20 2:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Bird's been vastly more effective than Canada this season. Even before you consider the playmaking and passing - which Bird's still much better at - Canada's inability to shoot really cramps them. Their system and instincts aren't set up like Vegas's to expect drives and interior play constantly. They expect someone to be able to take a wide open shot when the ball gets rotated or kicked out to a perimeter player. And Canada hasn't been good enough at using the space to turn that look into a layup or makeable shorter-range shot instead.

Yeah besides playmaking and leadership. She is still one of the best shooters in the world shooting the 3ball at 46,9% this season. They miss her stretching out the defense but also she makes a clutch dagger 3 here and there Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: