RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Aces vs Storm - 9/13/20
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/20 10:57 pm    ::: Aces vs Storm - 9/13/20 Reply Reply with quote

Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 3:00 PM ET
TV: ABC, TSN2

Video stream:
https://abc.com/watch-live/abc (tvpli)

https://www.espn.com/watch/catalog/f74a6d24-af0c-30a0-bc20-e987c7093a68/wnba#bucketId=29779&sourceCollection=Browse_By_League

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/aces-at-storm-on-09132020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200913/LVASEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401241310

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/13/20 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both teams with something to play for. Obviously "home" court doesn't matter, but I think that most reasonable people will agree that Seattle, Las Vegas and Los Angeles have been the three best teams, throughout the WNBA season, in whichever order you prefer. The loser of this game will have to beat both of the other two, three times out of five, in order to win the championship, while the winner only has to play one.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/13/20 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GO STORM!!!

PostPosted: 09/13/20 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A'ja Wilson needs to score 75 to win the scoring title

PostPosted: 09/13/20 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I mean, ESPN is reporting that Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart will both be sitting the game out, which means that Seattle is basically conceding the #1 seed. Could we be see a 1994 David Robinson situation?

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/13/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

I mean, ESPN is reporting that Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart will both be sitting the game out, which means that Seattle is basically conceding the #1 seed. Could we be see a 1994 David Robinson situation?

Conceding?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/13/20 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Conceding?

I said what I said. I mean, Seattle is going to compete, and they might even win, because they're a very good team, with championship experience. But, if Seattle cared about winning this game, Stewart would be playing.

Now, I don't know whether it was fatigue, or overconfidence, but Vegas was clearly not prepared for the start of this game, and the Storm punched them in the mouth. They appear to have settled in, though. Should be a fun second half.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/13/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Conceding?

I said what I said. I mean, Seattle is going to compete, and they might even win, because they're a very good team, with championship experience. But, if Seattle cared about winning this game, Stewart would be playing.

Now, I don't know whether it was fatigue, or overconfidence, but Vegas was clearly not prepared for the start of this game, and the Storm punched them in the mouth. They appear to have settled in, though. Should be a fun second half.

True.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/13/20 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Conceding?

Unless Seattle feels pretty confident that they can beat Los Angeles and Las Vegas in back to back series.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/13/20 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Conceding?

Unless Seattle feels pretty confident that they can beat Los Angeles and Las Vegas in back to back series.

I don't think that anybody should feel confident that they can beat Los Angeles and Las Vegas three times out of five. But I'll say this for Seattle: their championship pedigree suggests that they certainly think that they can win the championship, no matter who they play. And they might be right. I don't necessarily think it's smart on their part to introduce unnecessary variables into something as random as the playoffs, but only time will tell.

That said, McCoughtry has only played five minutes in this game, and it doesn't look like she's going to play in the second half, so it seems like Laimbeer isn't interested in showing his full hand, either.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/20 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Highly entertaining game. Alysha Clark needs to score just one more point in order to make this her first season averaging double figures in scoring. Really hope she gets there!

...But of course she doesn't get there and finishes one short. Vandersloot at 219 assists, Clark at 219 points. Storm lose out on the #1 seed and also what would've been the record for highest win-% in a regular season. Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t. Laughing Rolling Eyes

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/20 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait a minute, Laimbeer thought his Aces team was only going to be two games over .500?

PostPosted: 09/13/20 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both these teams can "hide" behind "excuses," if they're so inclined: Seattle can obviously say, "We didn't play the MVP, or our starting point guard, and you barely beat us!" But the Vegas can turn around and say, "We were on the second day of a back-to-back, and our second-best player only played five minutes."

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/13/20 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Wait a minute, Laimbeer thought his Aces team was only going to be two games over .500?

I mean, ESPN's "official" pre-season projections (Kevin Pelton), had the Aces finishing 11-11, and the seven seed. Mechelle Voepel thought that the "best-case" scenario for the Aces would have been to make the semifinals. I happen to think that Laimbeer is posturing (or lying, if you prefer), but we're not going to play revisionist history and pretend that the majority of people thought that Vegas would be this good. I've seen the receipts:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29518384/wnba-2020-season-projecting-how-all-12-teams-finish
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29505941/wnba-2020-season-predictions-best-worst-case-scenarios-team
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29525017/wnba-2020-season-predictions-wins-mvp-which-team-wins-title

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I mean, ESPN's "official" pre-season projections (Kevin Pelton), had the Aces finishing 11-11, and the seven seed. Mechelle Voepel thought that the "best-case" scenario for the Aces would have been to make the semifinals. I happen to think that Laimbeer is posturing (or lying, if you prefer), but we're not going to play revisionist history and pretend that the majority of people thought that Vegas would be this good. I've seen the receipts:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29518384/wnba-2020-season-projecting-how-all-12-teams-finish
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29505941/wnba-2020-season-predictions-best-worst-case-scenarios-team
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29525017/wnba-2020-season-predictions-wins-mvp-which-team-wins-title

Great, so does this prove that Laimbeer is just as smart as the geniuses at ESPN or something?

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Highly entertaining game. Alysha Clark needs to score just one more point in order to make this her first season averaging double figures in scoring. Really hope she gets there!

...But of course she doesn't get there and finishes one short. Vandersloot at 219 assists, Clark at 219 points. Storm lose out on the #1 seed and also what would've been the record for highest win-% in a regular season. Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t. Laughing Rolling Eyes

I’m praying for you my friend Laughing

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t.

This is sig worthy.

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Great, so does this prove that Laimbeer is just as smart as the geniuses at ESPN or something?

It shows that Angel McCoughtry is criminally underrated

PostPosted: 09/13/20 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t.

This is sig worthy.

Just for you. Razz

WNBA 09 wrote:
I’m praying for you my friend Laughing

Smile ty. A Storm championship this season would at least begin to make up for the missed opportunities (some of which would've been historic) that we've had the displeasure of seeing just this past weekend. Twisted Evil

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/13/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas had the advantage of losing their 'stars' early on so they knew what they had to do and how to coalesce to do it. Bill did a great job with his substitutions and they all had a relatively long time to know their roles. He did after all still have 3 #1 picks and a #3 pick all on the floor together pretty much all season (along with at least two more top ten picks) I don't think any other team was close in terms of # of high picks...but Pilight will correct me if that is wrong. And most of the other good teams were missing top players for all or a large part of the season.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 09/13/20 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle also have three #1s and a #3. The Sparks have three #1s, but the next best drafted is a #7. The Merc only have two #1s and a #3, but nine first rounders altogether. The only other #1 that played this season was limited to three games for the Liberty.

PostPosted: 09/13/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Seattle also have three #1s and a #3. The Sparks have three #1s, but the next best drafted is a #7. The Merc only have two #1s and a #3, but nine first rounders altogether. The only other #1 that played this season was limited to three games for the Liberty.

Just the usual embarrassment of riches for the west coast teams... a real shame the League didn't just start out with not having conference-oriented playoffs. I wonder if the NBA will ever learn (though that's less of a problem with a 30-team league).

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 09/14/20 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

__________________X Sad

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/14/20 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we had Stewie we woulda won by 20. It makes excited for the playoffs.

PostPosted: 09/14/20 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
If we had Stewie we woulda won by 20. It makes excited for the playoffs.

You mean like the first time these teams played?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: