RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mystics vs Sparks - 9/10/20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/09/20 11:52 pm    ::: Mystics vs Sparks - 9/10/20 Reply Reply with quote

Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 10:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports, Spectrum Sportsnet, NBC Sports Washington

Video stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-network/ (tvpli)

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/mystics-at-sparks-on-09102020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200910/WASLAS/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401230866

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jap

PostPosted: 09/10/20 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Practically speaking, the Sparks have to win out to have any chance at the #2 seed. Candace needs her red cape, Chelsea has to assume her Closer persona, and this is the last tuneup for Nneka to return realistic game speed to face the Dancing Queen on Saturday.

PostPosted: 09/10/20 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Practically speaking, the Sparks have to win out to have any chance at the #2 seed. Candace needs her red cape, Chelsea has to assume her Closer persona, and this is the last tuneup for Nneka to return realistic game speed to face the Dancing Queen on Saturday.

Exclamation Hopefully, we get Sykes back today and they are locked in and ready to go!!

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/10/20 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DPOY getting twerked tonight. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/10/20 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we still saying DPOY after that performance down the stretch?

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/10/20 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the type of game the Sparks would lose.

jap

PostPosted: 09/10/20 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alright, we lost and will have to settle for the third seed. I expect Fish to either rest the top players or severely limit their minutes on Saturday against the Aces.

PostPosted: 09/10/20 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
This is the type of game the Sparks would lose.

I love them but they are so frustrating and it is too late at night for this!! Confused *sigh* signed a loooonnng suffering Sparks fan.

Hines-Allen should definitely be selected as most improved. Nice win for them!

RP

PostPosted: 09/10/20 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker had a couple of great defensive plays just before that against Hines-Allen.

I thought on the first three-pointer what stood out more was the botched rebound by Qgwumike and Williams, which exemplifies the Sparks on the glass this season sans Parker and allowed Mitchell to grab the ball and find Hines-Allen. But the defense on the second three-pointer was definitely inexcusable.

In any case, I'm not sure there was much left to debate for DPOY. Alysha Clark last night should have sealed the deal for anyone that was undecided.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/11/20 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Are we still saying DPOY after that performance down the stretch?

It is amazing how the Sparks twitter has highhandedly led the hoard of Candace loving media personnel believing that she is actually DPOY.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/11/20 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks Lose = Candace's fault

Sparks Win = Not because of Candace

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing The #Hate Is unreal

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Is it really Rebkell if the saga doesn’t continue? Cool

PostPosted: 09/11/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The #Hate Is unreal

I'll Allow It!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/11/20 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Is it really Rebkell if the saga doesn’t continue? Cool

Definitely true! Laughing

Interestingly enough, she did blame herself for this one though:

https://twitter.com/johnwdavis/status/1304281866023792640

https://twitter.com/johnwdavis/status/1304282115484217344

https://twitter.com/johnwdavis/status/1304282664602533889

https://twitter.com/hoopism/status/1304274463056228354

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/12/20 4:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She also says that Sykes is their defensive stopper and DPOY candidate. But the media hyping up Parker because that always makes bigger headlines then someone like Sykes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
jap

PostPosted: 09/12/20 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
She also says that Sykes is their defensive stopper and DPOY candidate. But the media hyping up Parker because that always makes bigger headlines then someone like Sykes

Candace had always been a polarizing person on this forum, and the reasons for that are probably as varied & individual as each person.

PostPosted: 09/12/20 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Candace had always been a polarizing person on this forum, and the reasons for that are probably as varied & individual as each person.

I have been as critical of Parker on this forum as anyone, but for what I considered good reason. The thing is, no one can fault her tor her effort this year. Evey player has good games and less than stellar efferts on any given day. Her production has not been as good the last few games as it has been the earler part of the season. But that, in a strange way speaks to her defiense. She has been consistent enough through most of the season that she should be given the bendfit of the doubt for some sub par performances. Everyone has days or sometimes multiple days when they just are not feeling up to par. She helped carry the team early. So perhaps it's time for other plaers to pick up the slack when she is down.

As to Sykes being the defensive player of the year. I might have agreed with that before her brain freeze at the end of the Seattle game. That was a pure blown defensive play at a critical time in a critical game. She has shown great off the ball help defense. I would have to watch her more closely to see how well she plays her own man on switches and screens. That is an aspect of defense that is mostly ignored by most fans.

Had she recovered a split second earlier and blocked the shot, she would have been lauded for a great defenesive play. But in reality it would have just been a good recovery from bad defense. Her quickness and hustle allows her to close and make great defensive plays. The question is if the space created which she has to close was created because of her own defensive lapses. As I said i haven't really watched her close enough to see if that is the case.

PostPosted: 09/12/20 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I have been as critical of Parker on this forum as anyone, but for what I considered good reason...

To the contrary, part of the point of #HateHard is standing in your truth, and owning your hate. Everybody thinks that their reasons for disliking/hating somebody are good ones, but those reasons aren't necessarily as "good" as the "hater" thinks they are, to a third-party observer.

Quote:
As to Sykes being the defensive player of the year. I might have agreed with that before her brain freeze at the end of the Seattle game. That was a pure blown defensive play at a critical time in a critical game. She has shown great off the ball help defense. I would have to watch her more closely to see how well she plays her own man on switches and screens. That is an aspect of defense that is mostly ignored by most fans.

Had she recovered a split second earlier and blocked the shot, she would have been lauded for a great defenesive play. But in reality it would have just been a good recovery from bad defense. Her quickness and hustle allows her to close and make great defensive plays. The question is if the space created which she has to close was created because of her own defensive lapses. As I said i haven't really watched her close enough to see if that is the case.

Wait, so is it your contention that Sykes should be taken out of consideration for DPOY, because of a defensive lapse? #HateHard Approved!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: