PostPosted: 09/07/20 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Da List

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/20 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tonight, the stew is on the table.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/08/20 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing all 4 of the "someone else" votes are for Slooty.

Also, I know people love to hate Candace Parker - but have you even looked at the season she's having? Again, assists are underrated. She's leading the entire league in rebounding and most games has at least 5 assists. She's having her best season in a decade.

I have them:
Candace
Aja
Breanna
Slooty

I'd have Slooty higher if her team were winning more - which would be happening with Stephens and DDS.

I am not the biggest CP3 fan around, so this isn't homer rooting. I am from L.A. so I am a Sparks fan. But this is simply what I've seen on the floor. Candace impacts EVERYTHING the Sparks do this season.

~rAf
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/08/20 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s funny, because by some of the advance metrics, this season is one of Parker’s worst. Which in turn, demonstrates how good of a career Parker has had because 15, 10, & 5 is very solid.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 09/10/20 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Check out Diggins skyrocketing up the points chart. In my opinion, she is the only guard with a legitimate shot at MVP, but she’s never in the conversation.

Her FG% is higher than the post players at the top of the chart.

Not a fan of Diggins but I have to give credit to her play this season.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/10/20 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
It’s funny, because by some of the advance metrics, this season is one of Parker’s worst. Which in turn, demonstrates how good of a career Parker has had because 15, 10, & 5 is very solid.

Curious as to which stats show this, because what I see shows that she is having a typically great CP season—108 OER, 95 DER which are in line with her career marks of 109 and 93.

It isn't previous MVP-level CP, but it is still All-Star caliber CP.

Thanks.

~ Giggy

SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/10/20 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep 15,10 and 5 is very impressive. Unfortunately, Candace doesn't average any of those. NEXT

pilight

PostPosted: 09/10/20 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Yep 15,10 and 5 is very impressive. Unfortunately, Candace doesn't average any of those. NEXT

Nobody in the league is averaging 15, 10, and 5. Nobody in the league is averaging more than one of those three marks. In the whole history of the league only one player has ever averaged all three in a season (she was 5th in MVP voting that year).

PostPosted: 09/10/20 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

14.8 PPG
9.4 RPG
4.5 APG
1.2 BPG
1.2 SPG
She's good enough ....

PostPosted: 09/10/20 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Curious as to which stats show this, because what I see shows that she is having a typically great CP season—108 OER, 95 DER which are in line with her career marks of 109 and 93.

Thanks.

~ Giggy

PER - 22.8 - ranks 10th out of 13 seasons
Win Shares - 3.0 - ranks 11th out of 13 seasons
Defensive Win Shares - 1.6 - ranks 9th out of 13 seasons
Offensive Win Shares - 1.4 - ranks 10th out of 13 seasons

It’s some others but I’m lazy. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/10/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Candace supporters and pilight can put some respect on Sloot's numbers then maybe I'll put some respect on for Ace. Candace is only averaging one more point than Sloot, but Sloot isn't an MVP candidate? lol come on...

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/10/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Thanks.

~ Giggy

The Win Shares for everybody is going to be low because they are only playing 22 games this year, so that's a bit apples to aardvarks for three of those stats.

Very Happy

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/10/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Thanks.

~ Giggy

The Win Shares for everybody is going to be low because they are only playing 22 games this year, so that's a bit apples to aardvarks for three of those stats.

Very Happy

No debate from me, don’t even have a horse in this race. Just saying as good as Parker’s been, 2020 doesn’t even rank as really her “best”. Dasit. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/10/20 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's only her 8th-best season in Win Shares per 40 minutes, if you prefer Wink.

It's been a really good offensive season for Candace. She's obviously a huge piece for LA. But her rebounding is up largely because LA are leaving her to get the easy ones on her own and Nneka's rebounding has been garbage (by her usual standards). Hence LA being one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, despite Parker's individual numbers. Her field goal percentage is up mostly because she's only shooting threes when she's wide open.

I think a large part of the reason people seem so impressed by her this year is that last year, by her standards, she was bad. It looked like the downslope was kicking in. And then this year she's bounced back to usual levels. For me, she's on the very good, All-WNBA list, rather than the main MVP conversation.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
When Candace supporters and pilight can put some respect on Sloot's numbers then maybe I'll put some respect on for Ace. Candace is only averaging one more point than Sloot, but Sloot isn't an MVP candidate? lol come on...

I agree, she is certainly not above Sloot in the MVP race. It might all come down to the matchup between Stewie and Wilson in their last game. But then maybe the Storm have locked up the first place and will rest a couple of players.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I agree, she is certainly not above Sloot in the MVP race. It might all come down to the matchup between Stewie and Wilson in their last game. But then maybe the Storm have locked up the first place and will rest a couple of players.

Do you still have Magbegor over Sabally for being on the all Rookie team?

Sloot is moving into the category for me to be a WNBA version of James Harden and Russell Westbrook.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Sloot is moving into the category for me to be a WNBA version of James Harden and Russell Westbrook.

Those guys have always been elite scorers first, who've then gotten assists through moving the ball when they draw so much attention that other people are wide open. Sloot's much more like someone like John Stockton, who was always looking to set other people up first but could knock down shots and punish you if you didn't pay him enough attention as a scorer.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

We'll see if we get that Stewie and Wilson matchup on Sunday. Stewart (foot) and Bird (knee) each had an MRI yesterday. Though there is no indication of a significant injury, both are questionable for tonight.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/11/20 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Those guys have always been elite scorers first, who've then gotten assists through moving the ball when they draw so much attention that other people are wide open. Sloot's much more like someone like John Stockton, who was always looking to set other people up first but could knock down shots and punish you if you didn't pay him enough attention as a scorer.

I'm not talking about the way they play but the hype of their stat lines regardless of how their team is performing.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/20 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

I'm not talking about the way they play but the hype of their stat lines regardless of how their team is performing.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dangerfield won’t be close but I shudder to think how many losses the Lynx would have without her play at pg.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/20 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My final list.

Between Stewart & Wilson, defensive stats are comparable.
Stewart has more assists but also has more turnovers.
Wilson has higher PPG & FG%.
Wilson played in all the games.
LVA wins the season series with SEA 2-0.
LVA earns the #1 seed.
Wilson is the MVP.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/13/20 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aja sealed it for me today.

I know she sat for an injury but honestly, playing today could've won Stewie the MVP if she showed out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: