Yep, she absolutely did
83%
 83%  [ 30 ]
Well, maybe she just forgot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/05/20 1:03 am    ::: Muffet McGraw not letting bygones be bygones Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MuffetMcGraw/status/1301525888643870722

Quote:
9 alums in the WNBA (10 when Jess shepherd returns from injury) and 8 of them are in the starting lineup! So proud of how you continue to represent ND Wbb

@LA_Cruisen

@kaymac_2123

@JackieYoung3

@_Breezy_Briii

@SkyDigg4

@Arike_O

@mmabrey1

@NatAchon

The tweet's from just a couple days ago. Notice anyone missing when she lists everyone's twitter handles? She even said 9 and proceeded to list 8. 🥶

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/05/20 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While it's possible to honestly miss one on a list of 9, if you did that you'd mention & correct it pretty quickly.
My verdict:

PostPosted: 09/05/20 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very immature on McGraw’s part, too old to still be this salty.

PostPosted: 09/05/20 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loyd with the best response Very Happy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/05/20 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Major shade, indeed, but McGraw did qualify her list as containing graduates, which Loyd is not...

PostPosted: 09/05/20 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Major shade, indeed, but McGraw did qualify her list as containing graduates, which Loyd is not...

I too considered her list of shoutouts being only of graduates. But actually, “alum,” the word she used to describe all of them, is defined as a person having attended or graduated from a school. (Source here)

Additionally, I’m not even sure Jackie Young graduated since she too entered the Draft a year early, yet McGraw has had no bone to pick with her about that decision...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/20 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

I too considered her list of shoutouts being only of graduates. But actually, “alum,” the word she used to describe all of them, is defined as a person having attended or graduated from a school. (Source here)

Additionally, I’m not even sure Jackie Young graduated since she too entered the Draft a year early, yet McGraw has had no bone to pick with her about that decision

Was just about to say this. She remembers that #1 pick though and not the schools first !

PostPosted: 09/05/20 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a fan of her antics. It’s just petty.

PostPosted: 09/05/20 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The way McGraw handled Loyd leaving ND early is probably the biggest reason why McGraw is one of my least favorite people. Sounds like she went so far as to block Loyd on Twitter. Maybe that explains why Loyd’s twitter handle wouldn’t be searchable and automatically pop on a tweet for McGraw. She still could have written Loyd’s name out, like she did for Jess SHEPARD (McGraw spelled her own player’s name wrong). By the way, Shepard has a Twitter handle so I wonder why McGraw didn’t use it. McGraw didn’t know how to spell her name but usually when you follow someone, their name will pop up first in a search.

I tested to make sure adding @jewellloyd wouldn’t exceed the character limit of a tweet. It didn’t.

Footnote: Jackie Young also left ND early to pursue a pro career, but apparently McGraw learned her lesson from the Loyd backlash... or has she?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/05/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Footnote: Jackie Young also left ND early to pursue a pro career

Yep, we covered that a couple posts ago.........

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

Last i heardwas that Loyd went back in the off season and graduated..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/05/20 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Last i heard was that Loyd went back in the off season and graduated..

I remember reading about how she was just starting to go back in Summer 2017. It's possible though that she did in fact finish those classes but did not announce the completion of those classes. Though I assumed she didn't actually end up graduating simply cuz we never heard about it. Idk.

Boy though, back to the issue at hand. We still don't know the whole story as it relates to how exactly Loyd let McGraw know she was leaving (maybe she did it by text, who knows), but it's clear by her retweets and replies that she doesn't get McGraw's shade in this moment. Even if Loyd did legitimately wrong McGraw, it's been over five years, and she's now retired... in the words of mavcarter: Let that hurt go, Muffet! 😩

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/05/20 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
in the words of mavcarter: Let that hurt go, Muffet! 😩

Cool

PostPosted: 09/05/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Last i heard was that Loyd went back in the off season and graduated..

I remember reading about how she was just starting to go back in Summer 2017. It's possible though that she did in fact finish those classes but did not announce the completion of those classes. Though I assumed she didn't actually end up graduating simply cuz we never heard about it. Idk.

Boy though, back to the issue at hand. We still don't know the whole story as it relates to how exactly Loyd let McGraw know she was leaving (maybe she did it by text, who knows), but it's clear by her retweets and replies that she doesn't get McGraw's shade in this moment. Even if Loyd did legitimately wrong McGraw, it's been over five years, and she's now retired... in the words of mavcarter: Let that hurt go, Muffet! 😩

My bad not confirming the definition of alum Embarassed

I also saw that Loyd returned to finish with the goal of completing her degree in 2017 but see nothing to indicate that she did.

Looks like it was a late notification to McGraw because of her need to declare close to the deadline. Loyd had told her a month prior that she was coming back.

Quote:
Loyd is in New York preparing for Thursday’s draft and did not attend the team banquet. Tuesday was the first time that McGraw spoke publicly about a decision that she learned of "about an hour" after Notre Dame's final game. It's one that she has seemingly struggled with over the last week.

Acceptance won’t come easily for the Hall of Fame coach.

“I was shocked when Jewell told me she was leaving,” McGraw told WSBT’s Carl Deffenbaugh prior to Tuesday’s banquet. “We’re incredibly disappointed in so many ways. It was a real blow.

“It was a bad day.”

Bad in the fact that because of WNBA draft regulations, there was very little time for McGraw to convince Loyd that she should return to school for her senior season. Loyd, who told McGraw late the night of April 7, had about 24 hours after that to officially declare for the draft. The deadline for her to do so was 11:59 p.m. on April 8. McGraw said that Loyd had told her “three or four weeks ago” that she would be back next season, even though, at age 22, she was WNBA draft eligible.

McGraw had few reasons to think twice about Loyd changing her mind – until Loyd told her that she had indeed done just that.

It likely took a while for McGraw to process that the first team Associated Press All-American and two-time Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year would not return to chase another league championship and Final Four in 2016.

“I think I was numb,” McGraw told WSBT. “I don’t really know what her reason is (for leaving). I don’t know.”

https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dame-coach-muffet-mcgraw-puzzled-by-jewell-loyd-exit/article_b9cacab6-e312-11e4-a4fa-e78df787afea.html

Shortly after Loyd declared:

Quote:
The All-American said she discussed her choice to turn pro with Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw and finally told her hours after the Irish lost to UConn of her decision.

"She's like another mother to me and she was clearly disappointed, but she gave me a hug," Loyd said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2015/04/16/jewell-loyd-happy-with-decision-to-turn-pro/25890461/

McGraw was clearly butt-hurt, but yeah, let it go after more than five years and be happy for her!

PostPosted: 09/05/20 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
My bad not confirming the definition of alum Embarassed

No worries!!

Quote:
https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dame-coach-muffet-mcgraw-puzzled-by-jewell-loyd-exit/article_b9cacab6-e312-11e4-a4fa-e78df787afea.html

It's just amazing to me that in that whole article, McGraw doesn't even say a single positive thing about Loyd. I get that she was still shocked and clearly reeling, but there wasn't even an empty "I wish her well" sentiment tucked in there. I mean, this quote alone:

Quote:
“It’s just mind-blowing that anyone would choose to leave early,” McGraw said. “It’s a really bad decision for women especially to try and leave early. They’re not going to make the money that men make.”

Like, what in the coach-to-player character assassination was that? No, Loyd wouldn't have been making money the men make, but it was much more than the literal $0.00 she was making as a collegiate student-athlete. She acts like Loyd's choosing a life of crime here by leaving school aka her precious program early.

Quote:
The All-American said she discussed her choice to turn pro with Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw and finally told her hours after the Irish lost to UConn of her decision.

"She's like another mother to me and she was clearly disappointed, but she gave me a hug," Loyd said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2015/04/16/jewell-loyd-happy-with-decision-to-turn-pro/25890461/

I see nothing motherly about any of it - only pure childishness. Even if I would've given McGraw the benefit of the doubt at the time of this happening and sympathized with her, I just can't believe she would still to this day be publicly bitter about it. She got a national championship only a few years after that without Loyd, for god's sakes. Several opportunities here for her to let those bygones be bygones! But nope. And I'm forever rolling my eyes @ her giving Loyd some fake-ass hug before going in front of the media & ripping her a new one. Laughing Rolling Eyes It's just sad. Idk if Father Time is up for the challenge of healing these wounds...

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/05/20 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Little Miss Muffet
sat on a tuffet,
eating her sour rye.
There came a fine Jewel,
who said bye, bye school,
and made petty Muffet cry.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/27/20 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't even occur to me until just now to check if McGraw had tweeted out anything after the Storm won it all again...

...Well, she did in fact tweet out congratulations to someone she once coached on a successful season! Twisted Evil

https://twitter.com/MuffetMcGraw/status/1313869520361189377

Quote:
Congratulations to WNBA commissioner, @CathyEngelbert for successfully completing the WNBA season🙌🏼 Tremendous organizational effort & strategic planning to put it all together. A huge thanks to all the players/staff for the sacrifices they made too👏🏻as a fan I appreciated it!🏀

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/27/20 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Didn't even occur to me until just now to check if McGraw had tweeted out anything after the Storm won it all again...

...Well, she did in fact tweet out congratulations to someone she once coached on a successful season! Twisted Evil

Quote:
Congratulations to WNBA commissioner, @CathyEngelbert for successfully completing the WNBA season🙌🏼 Tremendous organizational effort & strategic planning to put it all together. A huge thanks to all the players/staff for the sacrifices they made too👏🏻as a fan I appreciated it!🏀

Im all for the pettiness Muppet !

PostPosted: 10/27/20 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks for the update, Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/28/20 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

The question would be: did she congratulate winners in the past?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: