Chicago Sky 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/12/20 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stella Johnson waived

I figured since Dolson has been activated for tonight's game. She'll remain in the Wubble, but I doubt anyone picks her up.

As I was saying in the Merc/Sky game thread, a team that might be able to sign another player like Johnson is the very team that drafted Johnson...

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/20 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Report: Sky's Azura Stevens, Diamond DeShields leave WNBA bubble
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29766111/report-sky-azura-stevens-diamond-deshields-leave-wnba-bubble

Quote:
Stevens is out for the season with an injury in her left knee. DeShields left for personal reasons. The person spoke to The Associated Press on Saturday on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made.

Are they sure it wasn’t for her injuries, because “personal reasons” makes it sound like she could be unhappy.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/29/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When did Stevens injure her knee?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/20 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeShields flaked out on her team. Who could have possibly seen that coming?

PostPosted: 08/29/20 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Or she actually has personal reasons. She would hardly be the only one dealing with those at the moment.

PostPosted: 08/29/20 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It helps explain why Chicago is so desperate to not let this season slip away that they threw a second and third round pick just for Mavunga and a buyout of Lavender’s contract.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/29/20 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

This makes it team number 3 that she's flaked out on.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/29/20 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago can throw that no ceiling mantra out the window. Too many obstacles to overcome.

PostPosted: 08/29/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Report: Sky's Azura Stevens, Diamond DeShields leave WNBA bubble
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29766111/report-sky-azura-stevens-diamond-deshields-leave-wnba-bubble

Quote:
Stevens is out for the season with an injury in her left knee. DeShields left for personal reasons. The person spoke to The Associated Press on Saturday on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made.

Are they sure it wasn’t for her injuries, because “personal reasons” makes it sound like she could be unhappy.

Personal reasons means what it says. There is something going on in her life that she has to take care of outside the bubble.

PostPosted: 08/29/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Without Stevens the Sky have no chance of winning a championship. The players know this and that is why the team has been in a malaise these past several games.

PostPosted: 08/29/20 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The chemistry has been upset and the team is terribly out of sync. It was so hard watching today's game, a real case of crash and burn. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Turnovers were like...well, I won't say the word, but shall say a sudden uncontrollable bodily discharge. However, that's been an ongoing issue.

Stevens was a reliable contributor. With Diamond, I think it was a mistake for her to push herself to contribute when she wasn't fully healed. I believe that her personal reasons are not an example of her prior flakiness as discussed at length before she was drafted. At this point, I think she has proven herself to be dedicated to the Sky. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's what I currently believe.

Guess we will never know how effective Lavender would be again as she was prior to her injury towards the end of last season. I still believe things would have ended better for the Sky had she been available to play longer.

Still feeling some kind of way about losing Ndour (and I am tired of commentators not getting her name right!) I feel bad that it doesn't seem to be working out in Dallas for her.

Dolson - always been lukewarm about her.

PostPosted: 08/31/20 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky sign Alisia Jenkins to a seven-day

PostPosted: 09/01/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky should trade Dolson for a box of cheese crackers to any team that wants her. The Sky can find some free agent post next season with the same salary that they are paying Dolson to deliver competent production at the post position.

PostPosted: 09/02/20 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The Sky should trade Dolson for a box of cheese crackers to any team that wants her. The Sky can find some free agent post next season with the same salary that they are paying Dolson to deliver competent production at the post position.

ouch.
She should be better once/if she loses that extra weight she put on during covid. But her current propensity to waddle down the court and hoist threes is not her best look.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/02/20 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson has the best on-court net rating of anyone on the team, by the way. Better even than Vandersloot. They don't completely collapse without her the way they do without Sloot but they have been significantly worse with any of the other options at center. It's like with travelling violations - just because it looks different, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Largely speaking, Dolson gets the job done.

PostPosted: 09/02/20 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Dolson has the best on-court net rating of anyone on the team, by the way. Better even than Vandersloot. They don't completely collapse without her the way they do without Sloot but they have been significantly worse with any of the other options at center. It's like with travelling violations - just because it looks different, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Largely speaking, Dolson gets the job done.

Exactly Richvyy. Her downside is her inability to be consistent from the outside. The Sky didn't bring here there to be a third option for scoring anyway.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/02/20 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's sweet that many of you are saying nice things about Dolson. I'm not a believer. In fact I will eat some cheese cracker flavored crow if Chicago wins the Championship this season and Dolson is a major contributor to their success. I will change my avatar photo from D.D. to Dolson. I will also write something over the top nice to say about her with my signature.

PostPosted: 09/06/20 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to make some comments about the Sky but I will save it for the Chicago 2021 thread.

PostPosted: 09/06/20 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky sign Alexis Prince

PostPosted: 09/07/20 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Sky fans. I recall a game years ago, before Epiphany Prince suffered a Jones Fx that I don’t believe she ever fully recovered from, where she willed the team to victory in the final 11 seconds. Do any of y’all remember that fame? She was an offensive Beast at that point In her career. The details are hazy, and if anybody can clarify them for me I’d be very appreciative. I tell my kids who are now playing/very interested in Bball that only Epiphany Prince can win a game when down by 10 with 11 seconds left. I’m sure my mind has let some of the numbers get fuzzy over the years, but I am nearly certain the Sky beat Atlanta thanks to the heroics of Prince. Now that my kids are older, they also like to question my statements. I hope someone recalls and can verify that this event occurred, or even indicate where I might find indisputable proof of Prince’s heroics.

Thanx for any help!

ciel

PostPosted: 09/10/20 10:00 pm    ::: Epiphanny Prince scored 8 pts in the last 30 sec, forcing OT Reply Reply with quote

On June 8, 2012, the Sky trailed the Tulsa Shock, 73-66 with 32 seconds left in the game. Epiphanny Prince scored 8 of the Sky's 11 points in the final 30 seconds of regulation, including a buzzer-beating 3-pointer for a 77-77 tie.

She scored 6 more points in overtime as the Sky went on to win, 98-91.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/recap?gameId=320608019

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mechelle Voepel wrote:
Elias Sports Bureau says @Sloot22's 2020 assist average will be rounded up to read 10.0, but she *won't* officially be recognized as first @WNBA player to average 10.0 assists per game, since it was really 9.95. I get it, yet it's also weird that the 10.0 won't really be 10.0.

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1304631233943609344

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe she came up one short. And Copper had an easy breakaway layup in the last minute that would have been the extra one too, and blew it.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Mechelle Voepel wrote:
Elias Sports Bureau says @Sloot22's 2020 assist average will be rounded up to read 10.0, but she *won't* officially be recognized as first @WNBA player to average 10.0 assists per game, since it was really 9.95. I get it, yet it's also weird that the 10.0 won't really be 10.0.

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1304631233943609344

I'd encourage the League to review every single game and check to make sure she didn't really have 220 instead of the 219 she has... but I think they would end up taking some away, not adding some. Laughing

Damn though, she was ONE blown lay-up/easy missed shot (by a teammate) away... Evil or Very Mad

Richyyy wrote:
I can't believe she came up one short. And Copper had an easy breakaway layup in the last minute that would have been the extra one too, and blew it.

I thought they would've given it to her with that running layup shot by Parker around the 3-minute mark of the 4th, but Parker apparently did one too many post moves (even though I didn't see her take more than two steps).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/11/20 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I thought they would've given it to her with that running layup shot by Parker around the 3-minute mark of the 4th, but Parker apparently did one too many post moves (even though I didn't see her take more than two steps).

I missed it at the time but I just went back and watched and I agree with you. Given some of the stuff that they've credited as assists this season, I'm absolutely a little surprised that wasn't counted. They definitely would've given it to her for that Copper layup though, and she was wide open. Ugh.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: