RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jacob Blake / Postponed Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/20 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-to-resume-play-tonight-games-of-aug-26-27-rescheduled-for-aug-31-sept-7-sept-13/

Quote:
The new dates and times are as follows:

Monday, Aug. 31:
Chicago at Indiana – 6:00 p.m. ET (CBSSN)
Los Angeles at Minnesota – 10:00 p.m. ET (CBSSN)

Monday, Sept. 7:
Connecticut at Phoenix – 6:00 p.m. ET (CBSSN)

Sunday, Sept. 13:
Dallas at New York – 12:00 p.m. ET CBSSN)
Las Vegas at Seattle – 3:00 p.m. ET (ABC)
Washington at Atlanta – 5:00 p.m. ET (Facebook Watch/Oculus Venues)

PostPosted: 08/28/20 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m so tired of CBS Sports.

Vegas vs Seattle getting canceled turned out to be a good thing.
It was originally slated for CBS sports and now it’s on ABC.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/20 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I mean, it's definitely good for me; I don't know how good it is for the league's front office, since the ratings thread seems to suggest that Vegas is the one team where they can't draw viewers, no matter who they're playing. Which strikes me as odd, since they're fun as shit to watch, IMO.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/28/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-to-resume-play-tonight-games-of-aug-26-27-rescheduled-for-aug-31-sept-7-sept-13/

Quote:

Monday, Aug. 31:

Monday, Sept. 7:

Sunday, Sept. 13:

In which Indiana, LA, Minnesota, Vegas, Washington, and New York now have to play back-to-back games at some point this season. Also a bit strange to see LA at Minnesota have such a late tipoff time and Connecticut at Phoenix have such an early tipoff time, considering that the League has been scheduling the times of games based on who the "home team" is. Those two games on Aug. 31st are sort of oddly spaced in general.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/28/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:

A few months ago, Jewell Loyd said that her father told her that his greatest accomplishment is that his son and his daughter lived to see the age of 25. A while back, she talked about when her family bought a house and moved to the suburbs. The police came, thinking that they did not belong in the neighborhood. When her father reached for the deed to the house, the cops pulled out their guns and pointed them at him. How many of the league's Black players do you think can say they have experienced something similar? At least among the Americans, probably all of them.

every single black friend I have or have ever had have stories like this. My niece and nephew who are half black have also experienced horrific racism. To me, it's amazing that we can go on being such assholes after all these years. There is no excuse. I just hope that somehow all the noise we are making right now will actually create some changes. I have so much hope that we can get there. Just the thought of it makes me cry. But racism is so embedded in our society it is a big hill to climb.

- Amanda Gorman
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:

A few months ago, Jewell Loyd said that her father told her that his greatest accomplishment is that his son and his daughter lived to see the age of 25. A while back, she talked about when her family bought a house and moved to the suburbs. The police came, thinking that they did not belong in the neighborhood. When her father reached for the deed to the house, the cops pulled out their guns and pointed them at him. How many of the league's Black players do you think can say they have experienced something similar? At least among the Americans, probably all of them.

every single black friend I have or have ever had have stories like this. My niece and nephew who are half black have also experienced horrific racism. To me, it's amazing that we can go on being such assholes after all these years. There is no excuse. I just hope that somehow all the noise we are making right now will actually create some changes. I have so much hope that we can get there. Just the thought of it makes me cry. But racism is so embedded in our society it is a big hill to climb.

Valuable statements by Jewell Loyd, by bcdaw04, and by myrtle. All of them. It's all horrible. Hoping somehow we can substantially lessen--if not extinguish--the racist poison in our country and our world. Black Lives Matter. Say Her Name.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just found this thread. Great BIG thank you to those of spoke out against the purposely ignorant poster. Now all the stupidity it posts regularly makes sense. It is just mortally stupid.

I stand 100% with our players and league. Black Lives Matter. Say Her Name.

Some people have no business being here. Like the meth-fueled Guilfoyle shrieking rant. We don't need your ignorant, foul and royally idiotic BS here.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Some people have no business being here. Like the meth-fueled Guilfoyle shrieking rant. We don't need your ignorant, foul and royally idiotic BS here.

I'mma apologize in advance, for this objectifying-ass post I'm about to make, but somebody on Twitter the other day posted contrasting pictures of Guilfoyle, from before she got involved with this family, and now. And MAAAAAN... I didn't even know that a glow-down was a thing! That hatred be making y'all age quicker.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Because I'm not informed, and assumed other people know more than I do, I was wondering why WNBA players, coaches, fans, publically display support for racism, violence, terrorism, slavery, etc, unless they are only pretending to support those things, because I'm against those things which is why I'm against Black Lives Matter, Say Her Name, etc. I'm done posting in this thread.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/28/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Just found this thread. Great BIG thank you to those of spoke out against the purposely ignorant poster. Now all the stupidity it posts regularly makes sense. It is just mortally stupid.

Great BIG "thank you" back to you, readyAIMfire53. Totally with you.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Because I'm not informed, and assumed other people know more than I do, I was wondering why WNBA players, coaches, fans, publically display support for racism, violence, terrorism, slavery, etc...

Because you're a fucking ignoramus, and you're getting your information from people who are lying to you, that's why.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/28/20 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I'm done posting in this thread.

Great news. Please find some ugly right-wing board and leave us alone.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm done posting here until this POS is gone. Enjoy this board.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/20 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Because I'm not informed, and assumed other people know more than I do, I was wondering why WNBA players, coaches, fans, publically display support for racism, violence, terrorism, slavery, etc, unless they are only pretending to support those things, because I'm against those things which is why I'm against Black Lives Matter, Say Her Name, etc. I'm done posting in this thread.

Perhaps WNBA players know more than you do...

PostPosted: 08/28/20 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I'mma apologize in advance, for this objectifying-ass post I'm about to make, but somebody on Twitter the other day posted contrasting pictures of Guilfoyle, from before she got involved with this family, and now. And MAAAAAN... I didn't even know that a glow-down was a thing! That hatred be making y'all age quicker.

I suspect plastic surgery played a role in Guilfoyle's declining looks. She was once married to Gavin Newsom , who is currently the Demorcatic governor of California. She didn't publicly revealed her political viewpoints back when she was married to him. It was surprise to when she came out as a right-winger. Privately, both of them certainly had to know where they both stood on political issues and they got married anyway. The good thing is that they didn't have any children together.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/29/20 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, fun's over. This thread clearly needs a circuit breaker.

I hate locking threads. So. WNBA-related content only from here on.

Take anything else to Area 51. And in some cases perhaps apply some basic critical thinking before pressing the 'Submit' button in case I struggle with the line between alternative viewpoints and just straight trolling.

PostPosted: 08/29/20 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Monday, Aug. 31:

Monday, Sept. 7:

Sunday, Sept. 13:

One mild concern I had about the boycotted games was that the Sparks would lose that winning rhythm. Some of the more recent games were very tight games, but the veteran Sparks are showing their old 2016 championship mettle. After last year's sweeping by the Sun where a very tired Chelsea was somewhat dominated by Jasmine Thomas, you just KNEW Chelsea would revive her Closer mentality when she faced the Sun this season.

PostPosted: 08/29/20 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Not only that, but having what will probably be the top two teams battling it out for the #1 seed is pretty enticing. ABC is probably very, very happy.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 09/23/20 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the players don't end up sitting out both games Thursday, I'll be astonished.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/23/20 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
If the players don't end up sitting out both games Thursday, I'll be astonished.

I'd like to see all the players in all the Leagues protest the playing of their next game (really the rest of their seasons, wherever they're at) because of this tbh. You can pretty much count out mainly white Leagues like the NHL and MLB, but the basketball & soccer leagues could certainly accomplish it imo. Lakers & Clippers were already willing to cancel the rest of the season before today.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/23/20 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do folx think players shouldn't play tonight?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/23/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Why do folx think players shouldn't play tonight?

????

I don't know you well enough to know whether this question is being asked in good faith, or not? Have you been in a news blackout, all day, or are you JAQ-ing* off here?

*JAQ, as in "Just Asking Questions," for the uninitiated, is a bad-faith term, used by people who are never just asking questions.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/23/20 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
WNBA Statement On Breonna Taylor Case
September 23, 2020
The WNBA devoted the 2020 season to the fight against systemic racism and police brutality with a focus on women victims. Today’s disappointing outcome in the Breonna Taylor case shows us that we must continue the fight.

https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-statement-on-breonna-taylor-case/

PostPosted: 01/05/21 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No charges against Wisconsin officer who shot Jacob Blake

https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-pleads-not-guilty-cf6228f55a4f2a5fdd66978e5523a912

Quote:
Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley said Tuesday that he “would have to disprove the clear expression of these officers that they had to fire a weapon to defend themselves.”

Sorry for getting back off topic, luuuc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: