RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/04/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're not eligible for any kind of hardship exception. At all.

PostPosted: 08/05/20 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2021 talk: SEA has a couple of nice young bigs kinda going to waste on the bench in Russell and Magbegor. I think Langhorne will probably be gone next year, so that’s one less post spot. They’ve talked about moving Stewart to SF. That would open up true center spots for Russell and Magbegor. I don’t view Howard as expendable just because she’s off to a slow start in this unusual season. Most people acknowledge her as the big key to winning their recent championship. If Clark prices herself out of staying with SEA, then so be it. They have Laksa coming in next year.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cass

PostPosted: 08/05/20 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29590899/storm-sue-bird-sidelined-left-knee-bone-bruise

Quote:
"It's basically day-to-day"

Heal up soon, Birdy!

sithinfiltrator wrote:
First off, Howard was late coming to the Wubble and didn't have much time to practice with the team. I was wondering about this myself as I didn't see Howard in any of the pictures of video that the Storm was showing of training camp. No reason was given for her late arrival.

Secondly, it turns out that Howard had very few options for training while the world was in lockdown, and Klop said that she came to the Wubble out of shape and will need to work herself back into game shape. This makes a lot of sense as I don't see a lot of the explosion and athletic ability on display each game like we saw the last two years.

Thanks for the insight! It makes more sense now. Hopefully she can get herself rounded into shape by the end of this month - and doesn't suffer any setbacks in the process.

man this gets into the tragedy of the resources & equity here. defensive player of the year doesn't have access to a training facility during all of this??? & then u look at stewart who clearly was training nonstop the past year. it's hard to remember the impact howard used to have watching her game now.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 08/06/20 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After watching the Atlanta game today, I had a thought. I wonder if Howard had COVID-19 earlier this year. If the case is severe, it could take many months to get back into shape and some people never will. I have read about world-class Olympic athletes getting COVID and not being able to make it to the bathroom and back to bed without being winded months after they tested negative. Howard just looks wrecked, like she has struggled with a long-term illness. And the way the league and the Storm are dealing with questions about her make me think that they can't go to the real reason because it is her personal business.

Just a theory, but it would explain a WHOLE lot. Including why she arrived in the Wubble late. I hope, for her sake, that I am absolutely wrong in my guess. I think we will be reading about world-class athletes having their careers destroyed by COVID before this is all over.

PostPosted: 08/06/20 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Just a theory, but it would explain a WHOLE lot. Including why she arrived in the Wubble late. I hope, for her sake, that I am absolutely wrong in my guess. I think we will be reading about world-class athletes having their careers destroyed by COVID before this is all over.

This would explain a lot, you're right. It seems like every day we learn about more ways that COVID can ravage one's body, even after a mild case. I hope that's not what's up.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/07/20 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:

This would explain a lot, you're right. It seems like every day we learn about more ways that COVID can ravage one's body, even after a mild case. I hope that's not what's up.

yes. I have a young friend who had covid four months ago and is continuing to have severe fatigue and pains all over since being 'recovered'. The longterm effects are really still not understood.

- Amanda Gorman
craigmont

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/as-the-storm-dominates-the-wnba-coach-dan-hughes-can-only-watch-from-afar/?fbclid=IwAR2ggJsFNUURSH0i9MBXZVRXryLojlPlH6XcGDqB39FRQCK2N2wv6LhD55I

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/14/20 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/p4xHfQ_N19c

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/15/20 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
https://youtu.be/p4xHfQ_N19c

A great full-length interview, thanks for posting. Very Happy When they got to talking about her family and how they all come from a music background, I was immediately reminded of her brother being on American Idol several years ago and coming into some... controversy. Embarassed

Anywhooooo, #ACDPOY. ESPNW's Voepel seems to agree.

Quote:
[DPOY] can be one of the most challenging awards to decide every season, as there is a lot defensively that might not be fully appreciated except by coaches and players studying film. ... the award this year tilted more toward all-purpose defenders who are able to guard multiple positions.

Clark, Seattle's 5-11 forward, has been one of the best at that for several years now.

She should be a candidate every year, but damn, I really hope she gets it this year - this is truly her year to get it (given the lack of an obvious candidate for the award). Fingers crossed!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/15/20 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ezi Magbegor on The Delly Podcast

<iframe width="855" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7bZdMUjieAg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 09/27/20 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird Uses Veteran Know-How for Edge Over WNBA Rookies

Quote:
“For me, it’s more, ‘How can I manipulate this person?’”

Twisted Evil

Quote:
“I think female athletes today deal with a lot,” Bird said, citing the people who disparage the women’s game without having watched it. “I think for the first time in a long time, probably starting in the last year — I’m hoping what I’m feeling is right — it feels like it’s starting to take a turn for the better. We kind of started out hot, plateaued, maybe even took a dip, but now I think we’re starting to climb out of that.”

She might be right. On the other hand, I see male figures of all kinds on twitter nowadays really starting to stick up for the women getting undeserved hate, only to get called simps by these same cancerous masses of 12 year-old dumbasses. The (uphill) battle continues. 🙃

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/27/20 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, this whole 'simp' resurgence is bizarre.
Showing the most basic level of respect to a person qualifies one to be called a simp these days.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Simp" cracks me up.

"OOOOHHH you like to pay attention to women you like!" "Um.. yeah?"

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/27/20 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're truly just talentless unoriginal losers tweeting "kitchen-" and "simp-"related comments. The real problem is, they don't even know how dumb they look to the rest of us with half a forebrain. They just look good to each other. And there are so so soooooo many of them. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 09/29/20 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sami Whitcomb leaves the wubble

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/30003515/seattle-storm-sami-whitcomb-leaves-bubble-miss-wnba-finals

Quote:
she has left the bubble in Bradenton, Florida, to return to Australia to be with her wife for the birth of their first child

PostPosted: 09/29/20 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't see that coming! Razz Congrats to Sami & her wife on their first kid. We'll miss her on the court, but hopefully not too much!

Also, I appreciate the reason being given, as she certainly could've chosen to keep the birth of her first child private for at least the time being; but now there won't have to be any speculation about the nature of her wubble departure (like there was for her Storm teammate... amongst... others Embarassed ).

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/29/20 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/30003515/seattle-storm-sami-whitcomb-leaves-bubble-miss-wnba-finals

Quote:
she has left the bubble in Bradenton, Florida, to return to Australia to be with her wife for the birth of their first child

Sad but also Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/29/20 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormy would be a nice name....

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/29/20 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Sad but also Very Happy

Ya still got one Aussie left, Luuuc! Very Happy
(two if you count the one Aces’ Aussie with the excused absence Wink )

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/30/20 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/29/20 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Maybe if your Prez hadn't ruined it for everyone

Stormeo wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Sad but also Very Happy

Ya still got one Aussie left, Luuuc! Very Happy

Still Team Storm all the way 👍

PostPosted: 09/29/20 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Randy wrote:

Maybe if your Prez hadn't ruined it for everyone

If it’s a boy, just stick an “o” at the end of it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/30/20 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Family first for sure. Storm are going to miss her in the finals though

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: