RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sports & COVID-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 07/28/20 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Marlins' games have been postponed through Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29553630/mlb-postpones-all-marlins-games-sunday

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/28/20 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NFL’s Only Physician Player Opts Out of 2020 Season Over COVID

Quote:
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, MD, the only medical doctor on a current NFL roster, has become the first player to opt out of the 2020 NFL season, citing concerns over risk for COVID-19.

Canadian-born Duvernay-Tardif, right guard for the Kansas City Chiefs, announced on Twitter Friday what he called "one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make in my life."

"There is no doubt in my mind the Chiefs' medical staff have put together a strong plan to minimize the health risks associated with COVID-19, but some risks will remain," he posted.

"Being at the frontline during this offseason has given me a different perspective on this pandemic and the stress it puts on individuals and our healthcare system. I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients."

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/934677?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=369619HT&impID=2480242&faf=1

pilight

PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn cancels season

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2020/8/5/uconn-football-announces-cancellation-of-2020-season-due-to-risks-associated-with-covid-19.aspx

Quote:
Members of the team will remain enrolled in classes, either virtually or in person, as full-time students at UConn. The team members will also retain access to facilities and support services in accordance with NCAA rules, ensuring that student-athletes remain on track academically and developmentally.

PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see college football happening this year.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/05/20 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Divisions II and III have canceled all fall sports

PostPosted: 08/05/20 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Not exactly. The NCAA has canceled all championships but individual schools may still play.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Not exactly. The NCAA has canceled all championships but individual schools may still play.

Will many of them do that?

And if the NCAA cancels Div I championships, incl football, how many schools will play? I don't see the SEC schools, for example, cancelling football without someone strong-arming them.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/07/20 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MLS exploring resuming regular season on Aug. 22. Games to have fans 'where we can'.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/4154223/mls-commissioner-don-garber-games-to-have-fans-where-we-can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: