RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/24/20 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is he done bragging about passing his dementia test yet?

PostPosted: 07/31/20 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karen Bass is probably out of the running for VP now that she's been uncovered as a Scientology ally

https://www.scientology.org/scientology-today/church-openings/church-of-scientology-los-angeles.html

Quote:
Also commemorating the occasion was Ms. Karen Bass, Speaker Emeritus of the California State Assembly: “As a public servant, I try to do everything in my power to give a voice to the voiceless, and to guarantee that no one goes unheard. But through human rights education, we empower everyone to lift their voice and to be heard. The Church of Scientology I know has made a difference, because your Creed is a universal creed and one that speaks to all people everywhere.”

https://www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/scientology-community-center-south-los-angeles-open-house.html

Quote:
Congresswoman Karen Bass wrote a message acknowledging the Church for “its many humanitarian initiatives and social betterment programs for the benefit of South Los Angeles.”

PostPosted: 08/01/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Karen Bass is probably out of the running for VP now that she's been uncovered as a Scientology ally

https://www.scientology.org/scientology-today/church-openings/church-of-scientology-los-angeles.html

Quote:
Also commemorating the occasion was Ms. Karen Bass, Speaker Emeritus of the California State Assembly: “As a public servant, I try to do everything in my power to give a voice to the voiceless, and to guarantee that no one goes unheard. But through human rights education, we empower everyone to lift their voice and to be heard. The Church of Scientology I know has made a difference, because your Creed is a universal creed and one that speaks to all people everywhere.”

https://www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/scientology-community-center-south-los-angeles-open-house.html

Quote:
Congresswoman Karen Bass wrote a message acknowledging the Church for “its many humanitarian initiatives and social betterment programs for the benefit of South Los Angeles.”

Yikes.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/01/20 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like Duckworth and Bottoms are too, given they were announced as Co-chairs of the convention.

It's between Rice and Harris now, IMO. Rice is an..oddball choice, given she's never run for anything. If Biden really wants to be the person to usher in new talent - you go with Harris.

I didn't need him to defend Harris specifically - but the sexism against her is gross. We could have used a loud and clear "I have no issue with ambitious women" statement.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm (still!) rooting for Ms. Abrams.... Crying or Very sad I just don't see how Harris *helps* so much. She's had a few bright moments (and is a great senator, imo), but.....Oh, well. He could pick a __________ and I'd vote for him. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/20 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle Obama just has to keep saying "no" about 100 more times until August 10th (why else do you think it is taking so long?).

"I promise I won't smell your hair" "No"

"We'll buy you a house on Martha's Vineyard" "No."

"We'll buy you Martha's Vineyard" "No!"

"I will retire after a year, and you can be the first woman President" "No, maybe, no, thank you, but no"

taropatch

PostPosted: 08/02/20 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is not a Scientologist, but worships at a Baptist church, and explains her remarks at the aforementioned event.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karen-bass-on-biden-vp-shortlist-scrambles-cuba-history-scientology
Quote:
On Saturday, Bass released a statement noting that she worships at a Baptist church, and says that at the event she “found an area of agreement in their beliefs -- where all people, of whatever race, color, or creed are created with equal rights, which is what my remarks were about.”

“Since then, published first-hand accounts in books, interviews and documentaries have exposed this group. Everyone is now aware of the allegations against Scientology,” she said. “Back in 2010, I attended the event knowing I was going to address a group of people with beliefs very different than my own, and spoke briefly about things I think most of us agree with, and on those things -- respect for different views, equality, and fighting oppression -- my views have not changed.”

She's also had to backtrack on her "soft on Fidel Castro" work and remarks back in the 70's. Biden's campaign has all that stuff vetted.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/02/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Michelle Obama just has to keep saying "no" about 100 more times until August 10th (why else do you think it is taking so long?).

Again, this isn't taking a long time. Running mates are usually announced shortly before conventions.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-biden-probably-wont-announce-his-running-mate-for-months/

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/02/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Again, this isn't taking a long time. Running mates are usually announced shortly before conventions.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-biden-probably-wont-announce-his-running-mate-for-months/

tfan

PostPosted: 08/06/20 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSNBC is reporting that it is down to Kamala Harris and Susan Rice for VP. Harris is a lawyer - but that’s unfortunately what American voters go for in their politicians - people not trained to solve problems but to win arguments. But I would take another m-fing lawyer over someone who has had a serious conversation about “regime change” and drone assasinations way way too many times during their workday. But Rice would be a perfect pick for all the Never Trumpers who are among other things, indignant that Trump dares to criticize or doubt our massive spy machine that they hold so dear.

taropatch

PostPosted: 08/10/20 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Today's dig on that punk who will never be on Mt. Rushmore

Quote:
An old tweet from Kendra Alvey @Kendragarden

Mar 26
One thing I’ve learned so far in quarantine is that my husband refuses to microwave anything for 45 seconds, he always does 44. When I asked him why, he said, “For Obama.”

Joe, go with Susan Rice already.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/10/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Putting Rice at VP, where she can't do any damage, is probably a smart move

PostPosted: 08/11/20 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Susan Rice but it seems that as someone who has never run for office she is a bit of a risk. She is also tight with Hillary Clinton. Kamala Harris is a much safer pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden’s choice is officially Kamala Harris.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/20 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad it was Harris over Rice.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/20 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Maya Rudolph fan this is good news for me

PostPosted: 08/11/20 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

That just means he'll put Rice in a position with some power instead.

PostPosted: 08/11/20 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

And Stacey Abrams.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/20 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I’d say VP is a powerful position if you have any doubt about Biden being fit enough for office for up to 8 years.

I’d like to switch things up in 4 years and get AOC involved.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/11/20 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I’d say VP is a powerful position if you have any doubt about Biden being fit enough for office for up to 8 years.

I’d like to switch things up in 4 years and get AOC involved.

You know I go back and forth on AOC. But I'd like to see her play a role in his cabinet in some form.

I think she'd play one in a future Harris' cabinet, btw. They work together a lot.

Harris is incredible. Biden made the right choice in ushering in new Dem leadership. Makes me confident that he'll fill the rest of his cabinet well too.

Also, something interesting about Harris..Trump's MO is typically to take the Far Left/Russia Bot inaccurate talking points and repeat them. What was Harris'? "Kamala the cop." But they can't do that with their base.

PostPosted: 08/11/20 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Running mates don't matter.

As for predicting a future Harris administration, former VPs rarely get elected president. If Biden wins he'll be the first in over 30 years, and only the third since the Van Buren administration (excluding those who rose to the presidency before the election).

Good on the Dems for not having an Ivy Leaguer on the ticket for a change, but the results from the last time they snubbed the Evil Eight are not encouraging.

PostPosted: 08/11/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Running mates don't matter.

Biden's online Merch store crashing for the past few hours suggest otherwise.

Likewise, having a woman of color in the executive branch absolutely matters. And my guess is Joe Biden doesn't view Vice President as inconsequential.

PostPosted: 08/11/20 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I were a Democrat, I'd also be concerned about Joe "Lock the S.O.B.s Up" Biden choosing a former DA with a long record of failing to hold cops or her own office accountable as his running mate. The BLM movement has no allies among the larger party candidates.

PostPosted: 08/11/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If I were a Democrat, I'd also be concerned about Joe "Lock the S.O.B.s Up" Biden choosing a former DA with a long record of failing to hold cops or her own office accountable as his running mate. The BLM movement has no allies among the larger party candidates.

Or...we can fact check.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/10/kamala-harris-progressive-pioneer-san-francisco-da-column/3334668001/?fbclid=IwAR0_f5Cawt6DSHb7oXaikm6X7A6YMJRREh634iNmSX_pZdaYlP7zal0o-7w

PostPosted: 08/11/20 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ask Kevin Cooper or George Gage how "progressive" Harris was as DA. Look at the Orange County jailhouse informant mess to see how little interest she had in holding officials accountable. She declined to support bills mandating cops wear body cameras. For all her talk about opposing the death penalty, when a judge declared it unconstitutional she appealed saying the decision undermines important protections that our courts provide to defendants.

Her presidential campaign was derailed because she couldn't defend her prosecutorial record against a lightweight like Tulsi Gabbard. When Trump starts pardoning people she "wrongfully prosecuted" she'll be a huge detriment to Biden.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: