Sparks
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Storm
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

Shades

PostPosted: 07/31/20 1:33 pm    ::: Sparks vs Storm - 8/01/20 Reply Reply with quote

Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 8:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports, Joe TV, Spectrum Sportsnet

Video stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-network/ (tvpli)

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/sparks-at-storm-on-08012020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200801/LASSEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401230758

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/01/20 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard that the Storm are resting Bird for this game. Smart decision. She looked tired last game

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/01/20 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I heard that the Storm are resting Bird for this game. Smart decision. She looked tired last game

Father time is undefeated.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

In time, Father Time will also be defeated.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

But only because Father Time defeats himself.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 08/01/20 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did sparks fans pick this poll...I don't see how the sparks are so far winning this poll.....this game might not be close....I think the sparks hang with them for the first half than the second the storm will run away with it

PostPosted: 08/01/20 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
Did sparks fans pick this poll...I don't see how the sparks are so far winning this poll.....this game might not be close....I think the sparks hang with them for the first half than the second the storm will run away with it

The word is there’s no Bird.

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/01/20 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Storm will be better without the Bird in this game. Bird was one of my favorite players long ago, but that was long ago. Every player goes though some off games but when you get to Birds age it is not necessarily caused by an off game but just age. I hope she decides this will be her last season. I thought the same in respect to Beard. She waited one season to long to retire.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is talk for the Team USA thread, but Bird will be back for one last season if she doesn’t experience a career-ending injury this year. Olympics want active players. Probably why they’re giving her plenty of rest. Now she’ll have at least 4 days off.

jap

PostPosted: 08/01/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see just how fit & ready Candace is for this shortened season. I would LOVE to see both Ace & Chelsea develop great chemistry with Brittney, who is proving to be an above average passer and solid all around team player. That type of athleticism is rare, and the Sparks are blessed with three such super athletes in Nneka, Riquna, and Brittney. We saw the transition fame offense is there in the first game, but the last two contests revealed they are still struggling with the half court game. Time to rock & roll against the Storm!

PostPosted: 08/01/20 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

There is no one above Jehovah.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I think the Storm will be better without the Bird in this game. Bird was one of my favorite players long ago, but that was long ago. Every player goes though some off games but when you get to Birds age it is not necessarily caused by an off game but just age. I hope she decides this will be her last season. I thought the same in respect to Beard. She waited one season to long to retire.

Have you seen her play the first 2 games?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
jap

PostPosted: 08/01/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
jap wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

There is no one above Jehovah.

He is who the One who defeats Father Time. After Jesus establishes His kingdom on earth, time will become meaningless as the restored earth and the people of God begin a new eternal age where no one and nothing ever dies or decays.

Last edited by jap on 06/26/21 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
willtalk

PostPosted: 08/01/20 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Have you seen her play the first 2 games?

I said before this season even started that she can still play at a WNBA level. I would just rather see a player like her retire while she still can rather than wait till it is obvious that she can't. It's not really a good thing when we have to watch a player of her operate at far below her career level.

I am aware that one reason she doesn't retire is because she wants to play in another olympics, but that putting her on the team would just be a life time achievement award and not based on the merit of her present level of play. It has been quite some time since she has had a really good showing on the foor. Players have their ups and downs through out a season, but she has not had an up by her former standards in a long time. There are just too many players that this country can put on the floor that are much better than her. And don't try to tell me that she is justified a spot due to her veteran presence. But I suppose it is good she is playing this year because it will leave no doubt about how age, not injury has affected her game.

Have I seen her play her first two games. Yes one completely and the other part of it.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you are trying too much to get the usa discussion into this. This is about her play for the Storm and maybe leading them to another championship just like she did in her last healthy season.You say she hasnt had a good showing in a long time. Um she played pretty damn good in her first 2 games Rolling Eyes so i dont know what you are talking about

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 08/01/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kinda think for Seattle it will be up to how well the coach can meld the style of the 2019 and this year's team together. Who are you you going to draw the plays up for, which point guard, which c/f and how quickly can you pivot between your options? And for the love of goddess, perimeter defense, regardless!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/01/20 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This is talk for the Team USA thread, but Bird will be back for one last season if she doesn’t experience a career-ending injury this year. Olympics want active players. Probably why they’re giving her plenty of rest. Now she’ll have at least 4 days off.

Bird looked good in the opener - and Storm are playing for the playoffs with enough talent to win without her.

Until they are actually done, quit putting a time stamp on Taurasi and Bird. People were doing it in the Merc thread two games ago, and Taurasi came back with a double double. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks are out-of-sync tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie go post Mone up on the block. Quit floating around the perimeter.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think all the older players, or even the heavily used younger players, should totally sit out a game every few weeks. A. Thomas looked totally worn out today. And wearing them out hasn't helped their team anyway. The problem there is that they don't have a 1st round pick next year anyway. yikes. And Parker and Taurasi for sure need some time off from time to time. I think it would help Nneka as well. All the coaches should be looking carefully at where they can give their stars some rest.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Bird looked good in the opener - and Storm are playing for the playoffs with enough talent to win without her.

Until they are actually done, quit putting a time stamp on Taurasi and Bird. People were doing it in the Merc thread two games ago, and Taurasi came back with a double double. Laughing

I think you’re responding to the wrong person.

titanpa1998

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Augustus going OFF during the last timeout.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/01/20 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Magbegor needs to be included in the ROY race. It's early with Carter as the frontrunner now with Ionescu out.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/01/20 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks complain. Drink!

titanpa1998

PostPosted: 08/01/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Sparks complain. Drink!

They are such an unwatchable team because thats all they. Parker literally cries after every call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: