RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty vs Dream - 7/31/20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very impressed with Jones, especially defensively. You can’t teach the length and athleticism. Willoughby is going to be a keeper too. Very impressed with the response from an execution standpoint. Much better movement without the ball. A+ for the Libs’ staff tonight. They made all the right moves personnel-wise and the spacing was much better. They had a good plan to guard Carter for much of the game too.

I really like Jones. The 20 tonight is an outlier but anytime you put that much talent in a wider-spaced game you’re gonna see results.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/31/20 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=29573790&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
NY hasn't had any offense in the second half. And they keep attacking Williams, who either is blocking them or creating a tough miss for them.

That was true for a few plays in a row....but we had 11 blocks to Atlanta’s 2.

We shot FG 38.9% to the Dreams 37.3%.
But we gave up 17 offensive boards Shocked...we had 25 defensive boards lol

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Very impressed with Jones, especially defensively. You can’t teach the length and athleticism. Willoughby is going to be a keeper too. Very impressed with the response from an execution standpoint. Much better movement without the ball. A+ for the Libs’ staff tonight. They made all the right moves personnel-wise and the spacing was much better. They had a good plan to guard Carter for much of the game too.

I really like Jones. The 20 tonight is an outlier but anytime you put that much talent in a wider-spaced game you’re gonna see results.

Agreed.
Though I’m still frustrated by the seemingly majority under the screen defensive scheme we have going....especially with Laney. We should have adjusted much earlier than we did.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laney is playing Insaney #MIP

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Jones will be the back-up PG if Ionescu is out. Is it too late to call up Brittany Boyd?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/31/20 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jones was really impressive. Layshia C played tough & tried to pulled NY to try to get a win but it wasn't enough to get it done. Shooks had a couple good mins.

All the best for Sabrina hate to see any player get hurt

Laney had herself a game.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/31/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

X-rays negative, no fracture, for Ionescu according to Shams Charania.

PostPosted: 07/31/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

🙏🏽🙏🏽 Get well soon Sab ❤️

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/31/20 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

SO glad. Hoping for a speedy recovery, but important not to rush something like this. Have to wonder if Kia Nurse came back too soon on Wed. night.

PostPosted: 07/31/20 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Major relief. I was worried about something that might jeopardize the more distant future so glad it’s nothing like that.

PostPosted: 07/31/20 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib have poor post offense. Stokes and AZB shoot a combined 0-10, 0-6, 2-2. Much of the scoring is simply street ball individual efforts by perimeter players.
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 07/31/20 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Lib have poor post offense. Stokes and AZB shoot a combined 0-10, 0-6, 2-2. Much of the scoring is simply street ball individual efforts by perimeter players.

Yep....Kylee tried to post up a few times but doesn’t exactly make moves toward the basket/contact either.

I would love to see more of Joyner in the high post opposed to the 3 pt line....she’s got the handles and athleticism to take defenders and finish. Saw some of that against Dallas.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/31/20 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

The post offense was lacking but I didn’t really get a “street-ball” feel. I thought the spacing and structure were good. The penetrations were mostly controlled. It’s just that without Sabrina that’s your best playmaker.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty, Dream, Wings and probably Fever are all in a league of their own - the WNBA d-league. They will only beat each other except for a rare win once in a while against a WNBA team.* Crying or Very sad

*Probably the Slowsilver (Hg) or the tired Sun....

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/01/20 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

supposedly they are still doing an MRI. Presumably done by now.

Also I assume the hospital is outside the wubble. Will she have to quarantine now even if no damage.?

- Amanda Gorman
miller40

PostPosted: 08/01/20 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Also I assume the hospital is outside the wubble. Will she have to quarantine now even if no damage.?

Reported as a Grade 3 sprain.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/01/20 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Reported as a Grade 3 sprain.

From the ever-reliable Internet:

Grade 3: This is a full tear of the ankle ligament. You may have heard a popping sound when it happened. This level of sprain causes severe pain, swelling and bruising. Because the ligament is no longer able to do its job, your ankle will feel unstable and will be unable to support any of your weight.

PostPosted: 08/01/20 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Up to three weeks with a cast-brace.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/01/20 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do hate that for Sabrina. I hope it is a quick and full recovery. I know she will be a star in the league.

New York's rookies really impressed me, and they really spurred the comeback in the second quarter and got me worried.

I'm glad my Dream were able to settle down after the Liberty's run and come back. Laney has been BEYOND impressive in the 3 games so far. I do remember seeing someone on here saying that if Laney is the answer, you may want to rethink the question. I do wonder how things will shake out once everyone is back and at 100%. I think Laney will take well to coming off the bench and being that offensive spark. I think she will do well playing the 3 off the bench, but, she may end up starting at the 3 instead, who knows.

Billings showed that she can be a rebound machine even when her offense isn't clicking. She was also the one having some turnover problems in the 1st quarter, but she really cleaned it up after that. The whole team did actually. They had I think 7 in the first and then just 8 in the other 3 quarters. Has there been any word on when Brown will be back? I will be nice to have a steady post presence off the bench. Williams was once again solid with a double double and a disruptive defensive post.

Courtney will need to shake off the rust and get game ready, same with Glory. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later. Carter had another good game, but she has to clean up her fouls still. She fouled out of this game and had 5 in her first game and 3 in her second. The Dream need her on the floor running the point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: