RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 07/29/20 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I have no medical expertise, but years of Dungeons & Dragons have taught me that sex with demons and/or witches invariably leads to nasty diseases

Me too. 'Cept I didn't find out via Dungeons & Dragons.

PostPosted: 07/30/20 3:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Germany is concerned about an uptick in COVID-19 cases. (There are also concerned about young Germans going on vacation to other countries).

This is a comparison of what Germany is worried about versus the USA:

toad455

PostPosted: 08/02/20 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Melbourne imposes curfew, enters stage 4 of restrictions.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/what-has-changed-in-melbourne-as-stage-4-coronavirus-restrictions-take-hold

Quote:
Premier Daniel Andrews has also declared a State of Disaster across the state from 6pm tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/06/20 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More good news...

Virus Testing in the US Is Dropping, Even as Deaths Mount

Quote:
U.S. testing for the coronavirus is dropping even as infections remain high and the death toll rises by more than 1,000 a day, a worrisome trend that officials attribute largely to Americans getting discouraged over having to wait hours to get a test and days or weeks to find out the results.

An Associated Press analysis found that the number of tests per day slid 3.6% over the past two weeks to 750,000, with the count falling in 22 states. That includes places like Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri and Iowa where the percentage of positive tests is high and continuing to climb, an indicator that the virus is still spreading uncontrolled.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/935228?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=369619HT&impID=2494263&faf=1#vp_1

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/06/20 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have traveled from NY to Boston twice during the pandemic to see my Mother both times I took a test not because I was symptomatic but just to be on the safe side as my Mother is 70

in June the clinic said results in 3-5 days it took 6

in July the clinic said results in 7-10 days it took 15

I called multiple time to get results and was told the labs were overwhelmed and taking much longer than they were supposed to.

I was fairly confident I wasn't sick and traveled the second time without knowing the results

both times I was negative

But what the hell is the point of taking a test if the results take 15 days!

I could have literally had it and recovered in that time. Or in my example getting the test to visit relatives unless I strictly quarantined for the 15 days I could have gotten the infection after taking the test and still endangered my Mother.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/06/20 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why can't Americans get the same test that all the athletes are getting where they get results the next day? Major issue with this pandemic and this country right now.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/06/20 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Why can't Americans get the same test that all the athletes are getting where they get results the next day? Major issue with this pandemic and this country right now.

Most of the available test results can be done in a matter of hours. The problem is that there is a backlog of tests of days to weeks. The obvious answer to your question is that the pro athletes' tests are going to the head of the line. Until labs can multiply their facilities and staff to handle more tests in a timely fashion, nothing is going to change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81
Page 81 of 81

Jump to: