91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
Fever
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All right..three minutes left..gonna need the star players to act like star players.. Laughing

#Nope

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi might be closer to done than we thought

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi with ZERO shot attempts in the second half. If she's not shooting she shouldn't be in.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Stanley is now seeing the value of McCowan. I hate her though because when I saw she wasn’t starting McCowan again, I swapped her out on FanDuel. That’s probably gonna turn out to be a mistake unless Hamby turns out to have a huge game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

She looks 10 times ahead of her right now. She hasn’t helped them at all so far at least as much as I’m use to her being effective.

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Taurasi with ZERO shot attempts in the second half. If she's not shooting she shouldn't be in.

I love her - but that's the truth. Laughing

Part of it is probably trying to let Griner be the best player on the court, and Diggins-Smith adjust to being on a new team. and then Diggins-Smith is out there trying to not be a ball hog..so Bria's like "imma shoot then."

And part of it is probably not knowing the limits of her body because it's been so long since she's played basketball healthy.

I'm gonna give her a handful of games before I call her done though.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 07/29/20 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well it's not like fans could have distracted the ref from whatever they were looking at on that last three attempt by DT.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartley earning her paycheck tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Coyotes

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, this game came down to Indiana making the free throws at the charity stripe and Phoenix not.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Well it's not like fans could have distracted the ref from whatever they were looking at on that last three attempt by DT.

I thought she might've just slipped a little when she landed? That's what I thought when she just sat there - if she had gotten hit, I'd assume she'd have been vigorously complaining.

mercfan

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What on earth was K Mitchell doing there!?

mercfan

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I thought she might've just slipped a little when she landed? That's what I thought when she just sat there - if she had gotten hit, I'd assume she'd have been vigorously complaining.

Has Diana showed literally any emotion so far? no.

It was an obvious hack lol.

miller40

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
What on earth was K Mitchell doing there!?

Torturing Tamika Catchings over on the sidelines. Laughing

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Has Diana showed literally any emotion so far? no.

It was an obvious hack lol.

Yeah, I don't even think she's complained to the refs yet. And she wasn't even first on the team to get a T. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I'm gonna give her a handful of games before I call her done though.

I don't think she's done as a W player yet. Brondello might be wise to start cutting back on her minutes, though. She certainly doesn't look like someone who should be on Team USA.

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough game to swallow. The effort just simply wasn't there minus a few players.

I remain hopeful that the season will turn around when Skylar looks to be the aggressor and Diana gets comfortable.

Congrats on the win, Indy fans! Lots of good young players to be excited about.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury starters +/- [Diggins-Smith 26:21 -27, Turner 15:45 -20, Taurasi 26:01 -19, Griner 32:04 -17, Walker-Kimbrough 11:48 -17]

Mercury bench +/- [Cunningham 17:23 22, Smith 20:14 18, Coffey 13:01 13, Hartley 25:26 10, Vaughn 11:57 7]

Last edited by tfan on 07/29/20 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Positive for Phoenix..

The Hartley/Griner pnr looks like a damn good asset.

In fact - we should probably be playing more PnR with Taurasi/Diggins/Hartley..and Brit.

Also, Smith and Cunningham were good two games in a row. Play them more.

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I saw that one coming, so my only disappointment is not looking at the betting odds before the game and trying to make a few $
On the plus side, I'm very happy/relieved to see Alanna make a good contribution.

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outside of Griner, I am not convinced their other posts are the right fits. Turner hasn’t looked great at all, and still looks super limited offensively. Vaughn is a waste. BG was way too soft and didn’t bring much energy.

Cunningham and Smith were bright spots. It was nice to see Alanna finally showing some of what she was able to do on the Farm. I think Sophie added much needed energy and hustle. She’s not the greatest defender, but unlike her vets, she actually tries every possession.

Skylar waited way too late to show aggressiveness. She’s got to play a bigger role in the offense from the start. Hartley was amazing, if Brondello insists on bringing her off the bench for offense, something needs to be done about the lack of production from SF. Coffey and SWK were pretty much useless on both ends.

I know the Hartley deal was criticized, but I think the one for Vaughn is absolutely awful. She brings the exact same things as Turner, but is older and slower. They really could’ve used Cooper, and the Vaughn and Hartley contracts really ruined that. Also prevented them from bringing in another rookie post like Holmes who brings a different skillset than what they already have.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, the skillsets of Turner and Vaughn is a big part of the reason why I think Phoenix is going to need to rely on Alanna more often given that she can open up the lane and space the floor. This is especially important if Turner and Vaughn aren't grabbing the rebounds or providing some stops. Phoenix really needs offense right now given the state of their defense anyway. I loved some of the offensive boards that Alanna got, including the one where she missed her free throw and had an easy layup. Yes, she should've made em, but she cleaned up.

mercfan

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Yeah, the skillsets of Turner and Vaughn is a big part of the reason why I think Phoenix is going to need to rely on Alanna more often given that she can open up the lane and space the floor. This is especially important if Turner and Vaughn aren't grabbing the rebounds or providing some stops. Phoenix really needs offense right now given the state of their defense anyway. I loved some of the offensive boards that Alanna got, including the one where she missed her free throw and had an easy layup. Yes, she should've made em, but she cleaned up.

Alanna will be starting sooner rather than later. She spaces the floor perfectly for Griner and is extremely bouncy and active. She just needs the reps.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Father time is undefeated.

PostPosted: 07/29/20 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Outside of Griner, I am not convinced their other posts are the right fits. Turner hasn’t looked great at all, and still looks super limited offensively. Vaughn is a waste. BG was way too soft and didn’t bring much energy.

Cunningham and Smith were bright spots. It was nice to see Alanna finally showing some of what she was able to do on the Farm. I think Sophie added much needed energy and hustle. She’s not the greatest defender, but unlike her vets, she actually tries every possession.

Skylar waited way too late to show aggressiveness. She’s got to play a bigger role in the offense from the start. Hartley was amazing, if Brondello insists on bringing her off the bench for offense, something needs to be done about the lack of production from SF. Coffey and SWK were pretty much useless on both ends.

I know the Hartley deal was criticized, but I think the one for Vaughn is absolutely awful. She brings the exact same things as Turner, but is older and slower. They really could’ve used Cooper, and the Vaughn and Hartley contracts really ruined that. Also prevented them from bringing in another rookie post like Holmes who brings a different skillset than what they already have.

Tuner's skill set is extremely limited. She doesn't have the back to the basket type of moves or strength; she can't dribble well at all; she can barely shoot jump shots. When she played at Notre Dame, she was used to the alley-oop setups that very few teams could defend in college. Outside of that, she's very limited on the offensive side of things.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/29/20 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

titanpa1998 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Tuner's skill set is extremely limited. She doesn't have the back to the basket type of moves or strength; she can't dribble well at all; she can barely shoot jump shots. When she played at Notre Dame, she was used to the alley-oop setups that very few teams could defend in college. Outside of that, she's very limited on the offensive side of things.

This description sounds just like Ruthy Hebard.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: