Storm
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/20 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Did they say anything about Whitcomb? I noticed she hasn't checked into the game yet.

Not that I heard. Unless I hear otherwise I can only assume the Storm are trying to keep this game close for entertainment purposes.

[ETA] Congrats to Big Syl for becoming the WNBA's all time leading rebounder

PostPosted: 07/28/20 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude, it's not "Megabor", and those were not her first WNBA points.
They weren't even her first points in this game Mad

PostPosted: 07/28/20 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We had a Mad Kiki sighting!

PostPosted: 07/28/20 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Dude, it's not "Megabor", and those were not her first WNBA points.
They weren't even her first points in this game Mad

I don't recall each announcer being this bad historically. They've seemed unprepared and, like, lazy? for these opening games. Or mostly just incorrect. Embarrassing. Where are they hiding the good broadcasters? Rolling Eyes

Peck: "You'll only see Sue Bird come back in if Minnesota makes a run."
*Bird motions to check in not even three seconds later*

Stormeo wrote:
Wonder if we’ll see Herbert Harrigan for the Lynx and Tuck for the Storm.

And the answer is yes.

Shades wrote:
Fowles is now the WNBA all-time leader in rebounds.

I forgot former all-time leader Brunson is on the Lynx's staff - It's cool that Fowles & Brunson took a pic together in a passing-of-the-torch moment.

Last edited by Stormeo on 07/28/20 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/28/20 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve is playing Herbert Harrigan. She must be waving the white flag.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Becky Hammond? 🤦‍♂️

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see Birdy go back to the bench for likely the rest of the night. Don't want to see anything else happen to her ankle - or anyone else's for that matter. Lord, have we seen wayyyyy too many ankle injuries thus far. Mad

Sami Whitcomb is now in the game? Why did she not get regular non-garbage-time minutes?

Motherf%$&er, another hard fall?! God, at this rate there's not gonna be any more players for teams to field 5-on-5 by the end of the season! Evil or Very Mad It's getting really upsetting to watch this painful-injury shit happen so plentifully.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ezi says aww hell no

x2

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice gesture by Stewie to run over to Christmas-Kelly after the game ended and send her well wishes.

Luuuc wrote:
Ezi says aww hell no

I love seeing your Aussies together on the court just livin' the dream. Cool

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pure class from Stewie.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Favorite Magbegor stat

https://stats.wnba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&DraftPick=Undrafted&Season=2020&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

PostPosted: 07/28/20 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Favorite Magbegor stat

https://stats.wnba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&DraftPick=Undrafted&Season=2020&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

So she's the only undrafted player ever to be taken in the 1st round?

PostPosted: 07/29/20 3:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder where all the Bird doubters are Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
craigmont

PostPosted: 07/29/20 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I used to worry about Bird getting old, but that was years ago. Very Happy

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/29/20 4:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I used to worry about Bird getting old, but that was years ago. Very Happy

She was 40+ years old 6 years ago and has reverse-aged ever since. Smile

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/29/20 5:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched a replay of that KCK injury and that looks like a classic presentation of an achilles tear Confused Hopefully i am wrong

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 07/29/20 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i don't know if its just because seattle was the opponent, but the shenise johnson lead-guard project isn't/wasnt working last night... even though the lynx were competitive in the first half, it was hard to watch at times.

i completely understand sims will take that over, but they do have an actual PG on the roster, she doesn't need to start but she should be playing more PG than a SF turned PG a few weeks ago.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 07/29/20 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 more thoughts...

first, i wonder if the 10pm start had/has effect on players. with literally very little to do during the day, a 10pm start seems tough for anyone (even 20-30-40 year olds).

and second, its only 2 games - but wow, seattle looks good and thats with howard only averaging 6 points and 4 rebounds in 15mpg

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/29/20 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
and second, its only 2 games - but wow, seattle looks good and thats with howard only averaging 6 points and 4 rebounds in 15mpg

It's good for my mental health to know if not for a certain trade, the Storm would've still been title contenders/favorites this year anyways. Smile

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 07/29/20 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Sami Whitcomb is now in the game? Why did she not get regular non-garbage-time minutes?

When I heard that Klop would be coaching this season, one of my first thoughts was, "Well, we're going to see a lot less of Sami." I fear I was right. Hughes has been the only SEA coach that seems to understand her value, like when she was a major player at the end of the 2018 season.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/29/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

When I heard that Klop would be coaching this season, one of my first thoughts was, "Well, we're going to see a lot less of Sami." I fear I was right. Hughes has been the only SEA coach that seems to understand her value, like when she was a major player at the end of the 2018 season.

Also Prince has played well in her minutes so far. Im hoping to see 3 guards line up from the bench with Canada, Sami and Prince. Leave Tuck on the bench..

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/29/20 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:

Shocked I don't get that concept - Whitcomb was so integral in the 2018 playoffs on both ends of the floor, and Klop was there to see that. She hasn't slowed down since, so what's not to like about her enough to bury her on the bench? Just to get more out of Prince or something? Neutral Whatta damn shame.

Michelle89 wrote:
Im hoping to see 3 guards line up from the bench with Canada, Sami and Prince. Leave Tuck on the bench.

++++++1. The Tuck trade still angers me - not just because we ultimately moved down draft picks, but because of her 110k+ guaranteed salary. When we got her, we already had Stewie coming back, Birdy coming back, Loyd, Howard, Clark, Canada, Russell, Whitcomb - all proven players. At best, Tuck would've been our #9 player since she's proved a heck of a lot less since coming into the League. What kind of on-court value would she have actually provided, given all of that talent in front of her? It didn't make sense then, and makes even less sense now that she's virtually our #11/12 player. Worse, what people may not realize yet is, Tuck's contract could potentially complicate things when it comes to the Storm trying to re-sign Clark & Howard next year. We better be able to keep both of them, is all I have to say... Lord, is the rule of thumb for the Storm to always have at least one unnecessary & expensive contract for a deep-bench player? (Paris was the one the prior two seasons.) Ya can't keep doing stupid stuff like that now that the salary range is wider & more competitive! Again, I 100% blame Valavanis for this move. She couldn't just call it good with the offseason trades after finally giving away KML. Mad

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/29/20 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm had more assists (25) than rebounds (24). Don't recall ever seeing that before, though I'm sure it's happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: