RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 07/25/20 6:07 pm    ::: WNBA Store Reply Reply with quote

I noticed in today's game that one of Phoenix's sponsors is PayPal. Does anyone know if the WNBA Store takes PayPal as payment? I would really like to get one of the orange hoodies.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
stever

PostPosted: 07/25/20 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes they do!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/25/20 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had a look today too. Is it just me or is $60 pretty freaking steep for an orange hoodie, even before I worry about hypothetical international postage?

PostPosted: 07/25/20 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I had a look today too. Is it just me or is $60 pretty freaking steep for an orange hoodie, even before I worry about hypothetical international postage?

Nah, that's the cost of team hoodies now.

PostPosted: 07/25/20 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Well I'd argue $60 for those is pretty freaking steep too Wink.

PostPosted: 07/26/20 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're going to get one do it now. There's a 20% off on orders over $49. until 11:59 ET Monday.

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Richard 77

PostPosted: 07/26/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
If you're going to get one do it now. There's a 20% off on orders over $49. until 11:59 ET Monday.

Can't. Need to wait 2 weeks. Hope they are still available.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Tally24

PostPosted: 07/26/20 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ordered my hoodie today...the 20% coupon couldn’t be applied to the item?
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jerseys are $80, down from $100. Everything else that's on sale looks like clearance items.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/26/20 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I mean - I agree it’s expensive. It’s just that’s the cost of most brand hoodies. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/27/20 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sale ends tonight btw.

PickledGinger wrote:
Jerseys are $80, down from $100.

Soooooo I'm just now realizing that this League is complete shit with some of its merch, but particularly its jersey selection (I know, I'm probably late Embarassed This post advertising the sale made me curious). Teams don't sell their alternate jersey colors? Wtf? I don't even wear jerseys and I'm mad that I can only buy a Storm jersey in yellow (imo few people can pull off wearing anything yellow - no, I'm not one of them!). And you can't even buy a customizable-named jersey in case you stan a more obscure player? (Such as, oh, I dunno, the Finals MVP from not even a year ago???) Fucking 12 year-old rando YouTubers with no talent are better with their merch than all the teams in this goddamn League put together, lord have mercy - it's SUCH a wasted opportunity to make money and appease the fans. Mad

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/27/20 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They used to have jersey’s you could customize. Back in April I made a mock jersey of Dominique McBryde for the Sparks that I was going to buy when her signing became official. I don’t know why they took that option off, maybe money wise it wasn’t worth it? Also you can buy a Breanna Stewart Jersey, there are 3 options, a women’s, youth and unisex.

gpark33

PostPosted: 07/27/20 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I went over to look into buying one too and the price turned me away. I opted for a Lib T-shirt instead. I'm sure I overpaid for the t-shirt too but it was easier to drop $30 right now as opposed to $60. Tried the 20% off code to make the hoodie work but that item doesn't apply to the discount.

PostPosted: 07/27/20 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

That’s really the going rate for hoodies these days, doing a search at Foot Locker they have a few hoodies for $45, but it only has a tiny logo on the right chest, everything else is at least $55, but most are above $65.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/27/20 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
They used to have jersey’s you could customize. Back in April I made a mock jersey of Dominique McBryde for the Sparks that I was going to buy when her signing became official. I don’t know why they took that option off, maybe money wise it wasn’t worth it? Also you can buy a Breanna Stewart Jersey, there are 3 options, a women’s, youth and unisex.

Yeah, there were customisable ones up very recently, because a guy I know is a big Stella Johnson fan and I found the option to create a Sky one for him when they signed her to replace Colson less than a month ago. Going back to that link now it says 'Discontinued' under the listing. Strange.

PostPosted: 10/20/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that the cold season is upon us, I’m reeeeally wishing these teams sold beanies. I’m doing the research and none of these teams sell just plain ole beanies. Mad One or two sell winter beanies, but they’re a little too over the top for my taste. Ugh, it continues to mystify & upset me just how bad this League is at having merch. 😭

vossy

PostPosted: 11/13/20 4:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the Sparks merch has old logo last used on uni’s in 2018.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/28/21 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/OwenPence/status/1442880580857831425

Quote:
The WNBA Store / Connecticut Sun Team Shop does not have a Jonquel Jones jersey available on the day she's named MVP, the day she embarks on a potential Finals run.

I repeat, THE MVP'S JERSEY IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE UNLESS YOU PAY EXTRA AND CUSTOMIZE IT.

Here is a related article that came out recently (thanks to stever for linking it over on WBBDaily):

A CONFUSING TV SCHEDULE AND LACK OF ACCESSIBLE MERCH IS HURTING THE WNBA'S GROWTH

More embarrassing merch gaffes for this League, whatta surprise... fuck this League sometimes for all the times it messes itself up. Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: