RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

100 influential people in Women's College Basketball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/23/20 9:09 pm    ::: 100 influential people in Women's College Basketball Reply Reply with quote

I came across this article on 100 influential people in Women's College Basketball because Cal's coach, Charmin Smith, made the list

https://www.silverwavesmedia.com/news_article/show/1114001

I know nothing of Silver Waves Media, but I would note that their idea of alphabetical order is not the same as mine. It is primarily by first name, except when it isn't

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/24/20 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is basically a Who's Who of the summer circuit. These are the people -- except for Doc Scheppler, a Bay Area high school coach -- who you would see if you went to a lot of club tournaments.

And yes, they are very important, as the development process is crucial to the future of the sport.

PostPosted: 07/24/20 1:50 pm    ::: Re: 100 influential people in Women's College Basketball Reply Reply with quote

[quote="calbearman76"]I came across this article on 100 influential people in Women's College Basketball because Cal's coach, Charmin Smith, made the list /quote]

She is one of the most influential people in women's basketball already? Does that seem right?

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/24/20 1:59 pm    ::: Re: 100 influential people in Women's College Basketball Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Durantula"]
calbearman76 wrote:
I came across this article on 100 influential people in Women's College Basketball because Cal's coach, Charmin Smith, made the list /quote]

She is one of the most influential people in women's basketball already? Does that seem right?

There are a few people that I would question belong on that list. But hey, at least someone took the time to compile a list of influential people in women's basketball.

elsie

PostPosted: 08/07/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a lot of head scratchers......the list put a lot of weight to basketball announcers for some reason.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: