Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-signs-free-agent-forward-erica-mccall/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 07/12/20 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even w/o C. Will they had 12 on the roster you listed toad455, so it does make you wonder why the roster dropped below 10.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If CWill doesn’t play, ATL will probably rival NYL for worst team. Carter could become this year’s Ogunner, but I think they’ll keep the reins on Carter better than DAL did with Gunner.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 07/12/20 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If CWill doesn’t play, ATL will probably rival NYL for worst team. Carter could become this year’s Ogunner, but I think they’ll keep the reins on Carter better than DAL did with Gunner.

The way things are looking this team may lose every game. Good thing I'm a Fever fan. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 07/14/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.augustachronicle.com/news/20200713/sen-kelly-loeffler-condemns-black-lives-matter-in-campaign-stop

Quote:
Loeffler faces stiff competition from Democratic contenders and from within her own party in Georgia. U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, a Republican, is campaigning hard for the seat, as is Rev. Raphael Warnock, a Democrat.

Collins, who has especially lobbed criticism at Loeffler, has dismissed her stance on Black Lives Matter as empty politics, drawing ties between her ownership of a WNBA team and the league’s support for Planned Parenthood.

Now that she’s pretending to be a conservative to run for public office, she should explain her silence and divest herself of this team and her past progressive advocacy,” Collins said.

Collins has her pegged.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 07/14/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.augustachronicle.com/news/20200713/sen-kelly-loeffler-condemns-black-lives-matter-in-campaign-stop

Quote:
Loeffler faces stiff competition from Democratic contenders and from within her own party in Georgia. U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, a Republican, is campaigning hard for the seat, as is Rev. Raphael Warnock, a Democrat.

Collins, who has especially lobbed criticism at Loeffler, has dismissed her stance on Black Lives Matter as empty politics, drawing ties between her ownership of a WNBA team and the league’s support for Planned Parenthood.

Now that she’s pretending to be a conservative to run for public office, she should explain her silence and divest herself of this team and her past progressive advocacy,” Collins said.

Collins has her pegged.

Been like that for a while. It was like that when there was the decision on who Governor Kemp should appoint to fill the seat. Loeffler was Kemp's pick, Collins was Trump's pick. Loeffler was thought to be more of a business conservative, with Collins more the social conservative. Therefore, Loeffler worked to shore up her social conservative bona fides. Whether this is the real her and she hid it previously or she's not as conservative as she's claiming and doing it to get elected, I guess we don't rightly know currently, do we?

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/20/20 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So for the games that aren't nationally aired, are they going to WSB NOW or FSN+ or Peachtree TV or GPB or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

~lw3

Randy

PostPosted: 07/20/20 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
So for the games that aren't nationally aired, are they going to WSB NOW or FSN+ or Peachtree TV or GPB or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

~lw3

They already got a built in sponsor. Kelly can run her ads during all the breaks. Here's one. Ironically, some people get "exonerated" (like Kelly and Trump) while others get out of jail......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dh9whAOo7cI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 07/21/20 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_sHbYWYwR9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/22/20 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good news for Kelly: she's not in the boat (Bad Ship Lollipop) by herself anymore.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/woody-johnson-oig-report/index.html

~lw3

Randy

PostPosted: 07/22/20 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
Good news for Kelly: she's not in the boat (Bad Ship Lollipop) by herself anymore.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/woody-johnson-oig-report/index.html

~lw3

The Office of Inspector General watchdog who uncovered this will probably soon be fired. Most likely late on a Friday or over the weekend.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/22/20 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

The Office of Inspector General watchdog who uncovered this will probably soon be fired. Most likely late on a Friday or over the weekend.

It already happened:

Quote:
The OIG's website says it started an inspection of Embassy London in September. OIG reports are generally reviewed by the State Department prior to being finalized and released. State Department inspector general Steve Linick was fired in mid-May.

The question now is whether the existing investigation will continue or be completed without being whitewashed.

PostPosted: 07/22/20 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:

It already happened:

Quote:
The OIG's website says it started an inspection of Embassy London in September. OIG reports are generally reviewed by the State Department prior to being finalized and released. State Department inspector general Steve Linick was fired in mid-May.

The question now is whether the existing investigation will continue or be completed without being whitewashed.

It seems pretty obvious that it won't.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/22/20 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:

It already happened:

Quote:

It seems pretty obvious that it won't.

Press reports have suggested that the IG was fired because he was investigating Pompeo. As an old boss of mine used to say, you can't put 12 pounds of shit in a 5 pound container. If sacrificing Johnson can divert attention from himself, I wouldn't rule out Pompeo throwing Woody under the bus. For now, all Pompeo has to do is delay until the election. These issues only have to be dealt with if Trump is reelected. If he loses, then Pompeo and Johnson are going to be replaced anyway.

PostPosted: 07/22/20 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[continuation of discussion from the 2021 Mock Draft thread]

myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
It seems [Aari McDonald] needs to improve on three things:

1. Learn to shoot 3s
2. Have fewer turnovers than assists
3. Grow three inches

McDonald has great production in college, but it's very hard for me to imagine her transitioning very well if she doesn't improve on those first two.

seems like this could also describe Chennedy Carter, but lots of people seem to think she's gonna be a starter for Atlanta!?

The way the Dream is set up right now, there's virtually no other healthy guards on the roster to start! Razz I'm veryyyyy excited to see Carter and I haven't been particularly worried about how her offense will translate ever since her individual performance against Team USA; I'm gonna guess that Collen's in the process of handing her the keys so that she can freely make things happen for the team, as she knows how to do. Cool

Randy

PostPosted: 07/22/20 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
[continuation of discussion from the 2021 Mock Draft thread]

myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
It seems [Aari McDonald] needs to improve on three things:

1. Learn to shoot 3s
2. Have fewer turnovers than assists
3. Grow three inches

McDonald has great production in college, but it's very hard for me to imagine her transitioning very well if she doesn't improve on those first two.

seems like this could also describe Chennedy Carter, but lots of people seem to think she's gonna be a starter for Atlanta!?

The way the Dream is set up right now, there's virtually no other healthy guards on the roster to start! Razz I'm veryyyyy excited to see Carter and I haven't been particularly worried about how her offense will translate ever since her individual performance against Team USA; I'm gonna guess that Collen's in the process of handing her the keys so that she can freely make things happen for the team, as she knows how to do. Cool

Not too hard to hand her the keys when the next best option is Blake Dietrick.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/23/20 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter is very talented, but I still see no indication she's a point guard. But we'll find out ...

PostPosted: 07/23/20 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Carter is very talented, but I still see no indication she's a point guard. But we'll find out ...

Cynthia Cooper / Cappie Pondexter / Chennedy Carter

All had the ability to play point , but were most effective as SG.

PostPosted: 07/23/20 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Renee Montgomery made it on TMZ Sports.
https://www.tmz.com/videos/072120-renee-montgoery-4822890-0-24ybqsnt/

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/23/20 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Cynthia Cooper / Cappie Pondexter / Chennedy Carter

All had the ability to play point , but were most effective as SG.

That's elevated company for a rookie but not necessarily out of line.

Still, Carter's college A/TO was 1.3, less than Cooper (1.5) or Pondexter (1.6) in the pros. And she took many more shots per minute.

Of course, direct comparison between college and the WNBA is chancy at best, but I remain unconvinced that any of the three could be a fulltime point guard in the WNBA. They're scorers first and foremost, and point guard requires a mindset as much as physical skills.

PostPosted: 07/23/20 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Point guard' means different things on different teams, though - and even more so in recent times. Becky Hammon and Diana Taurasi have both essentially played point guard for their teams on many occasions, but often next to players who were either referred to as the 'point guard', or who took on many of the responsibilities associated with the role so the stars could play off-ball. We're probably about to see something similar over the course of Ionescu's career in New York as well. Players like James Harden and Steph Curry have further evolved what point guard means in the men's game. 15 years ago Detroit won titles with a Smith/Nolan backcourt when neither had really played the point before they were put together by Laimbeer.

The problem is that without Hayes and potentially Williams, Carter will get lots of minutes and opportunities but her role may be very different this season from what they want her to do in future years. So a good learning opportunity in general, but not necessarily perfect training for future Dream seasons.

PostPosted: 07/23/20 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I’ve said it before on here, but I remember watching a Texas A&M game from this past season and the commentator (the same guy who does the Wings games) explicitly said at one point that Carter “prefers to play the 1”, but the team needed her to play the 2 so she could score more. So whether she’s actually better off as a PG or a SG in the professional ranks, I’m guessing that she at least still views herself as a PG. And really, neither Dietrick nor Alexis Jones (nor Courtney Williams for that matter) are any more PG-like than Carter imo.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/23/20 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
'Point guard' means different things on different teams, though - and even more so in recent times.

This.

Every PG doesn’t have to be Whalen, Bird, Vandersloot, and Penicheiro to have some value.

PostPosted: 07/23/20 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
'Point guard' means different things on different teams, though - and even more so in recent times.

This.

Every PG doesn’t have to be Whalen, Bird, Vandersloot, and Penicheiro to have some value.

While we're talking about college numbers, note that Whalen's ATO as a Golden Gopher was barely 1.2

PostPosted: 07/23/20 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

This.

While we're talking about college numbers, note that Whalen's ATO as a Golden Gopher was barely 1.2

And she wasn't much of an outside shooter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 26 of 30

Jump to: