RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

John Lewis 1940-2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 07/19/20 10:29 pm    ::: John Lewis 1940-2020 Reply Reply with quote

Though I saw him mentioned in the memoriam thread, I thought he certainly deserved his own thread, given our 'moment' in history.

Though short in stature, he was a giant in charisma and accomplishment. As I see the snapshots of his history in Civil Rights, and hear the abuses he suffered, it makes me awfully sad about the fact that -- in too many ways -- we have NOT progressed very much.

Undoubtedly throughout his political career, he must have felt that he'd accomplished significant things, but I ponder how frustrated he must also have been to see that a "BLM" movement was still a necessity TODAY.

I have no doubt he is an Iconic Figure already on the next level, hailed for the work he did for a most noble cause to better humanity.

The pic Stever posted is one of my favorites -- a momentous occasion for all of history:

PostPosted: 07/20/20 10:02 am    ::: Re: John Lewis 1940-2020 Reply Reply with quote

#GoodTrouble

I love this clip of him crowd surfing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZIDlqW9kg

PostPosted: 07/20/20 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

His replacement will face extraordinary expectations. I'm glad they chose a female.

PostPosted: 07/20/20 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
His replacement will face extraordinary expectations. I'm glad they chose a female.

A surprising choice, given that she's been in the state senate less than one term

PostPosted: 07/21/20 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s a great picture that stever posted.

In a span of exactly nine months we’ve lost two warriors, both sons of sharecroppers, Elijah Cummings and now John Lewis; on the same day 17th of the month.

Upon entering the pearly gates, you know John Lewis went looking for “good trouble” and probably found none. What a giant -- I'll miss him a lot.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/23/20 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
That’s a great picture that stever posted.

In a span of exactly nine months we’ve lost two warriors, both sons of sharecroppers, Elijah Cummings and now John Lewis; on the same day 17th of the month.

Upon entering the pearly gates, you know John Lewis went looking for "good trouble" and probably found none. What a giant -- I'll miss him a lot.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: