RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA League Pass
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/20 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can’t see an intuitive way of doing it right now.
Probably because current subscriptions are good until 7-23-20.
Try opting out of autorenew after 7-23-20.

Otherwise, removing your card information from the site should give you extra comfort.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 07/17/20 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tried to update my card, but it didn't work. Tried 2 different cards. Well, it doesn't renew till 8-17 so I guess I'll wait and see if they answer my email.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I tried to update my card, but it didn't work. Tried 2 different cards. Well, it doesn't renew till 8-17 so I guess I'll wait and see if they answer my email.

Are you sure the date isn’t a mistake?

Randy

PostPosted: 07/17/20 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Are you sure the date isn’t a mistake?

As it turns out they answered my email and it looks like it updated.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/17/20 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The discount code doesn't work on any merchandise I want.

I have the same problem, but also it seems you can't get the free shipping if you use the code.

I will subscribe anyway because $17 isn't a big deal, but it looks like another unforced error of trying to make it look like you are getting a deal that really isn't worth anything. And having only 50 games instead of 150 maybe should have called for a lower price.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/17/20 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The discount code doesn't work on any merchandise I want.

I have the same problem, but also it seems you can't get the free shipping if you use the code.

I will subscribe anyway because $17 isn't a big deal, but it looks like another unforced error of trying to make it look like you are getting a deal that really isn't worth anything. And having only 50 games instead of 150 maybe should have called for a lower price.

It says 50 live games. I'm assuming that as in the past you get every game but some might be blocked until the TV broadcast is over. It would greatly diminish the value of LP if it that's no longer the case. There are 24 on ESPN/ABC and 40 on CBS so that's 114 games out of 132. There's also some on NBA TV. Fortunately, I get CBS, NBA and ESPN so I guess I'm covered no matter. I also downloaded the Fever app so I might be able to get the games live (if the don't bother to check where I live.)

Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/20 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s important to point out the difference between CBS and CBS Sports. People are confused enough.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/17/20 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given the significantly larger proportion of games on some variant of national TV this year, very much hoping that the geo-blocking works as well as in recent years and those of us overseas can see games live via League Pass that many of you can't. They've updated the front-end since last season, but hopefully not changed stuff like that.

The subscription renewing in mid-August is weird. Maybe they're giving everyone the first few weeks free to entice people in? Free preview, essentially.

PostPosted: 07/17/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Given the significantly larger proportion of games on some variant of national TV this year, very much hoping that the geo-blocking works as well as in recent years and those of us overseas can see games live via League Pass that many of you can't. They've updated the front-end since last season, but hopefully not changed stuff like that.

The subscription renewing in mid-August is weird. Maybe they're giving everyone the first few weeks free to entice people in? Free preview, essentially.

Or maybe they are afraid the bubble will burst with virus cases and the season will just stop. In that case, they won't have to deal with refunds.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/17/20 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I can’t see an intuitive way of doing it right now.
Probably because current subscriptions are good until 7-23-20.
Try opting out of autorenew after 7-23-20.

Otherwise, removing your card information from the site should give you extra comfort.

My subscription will auto-renew on 8/17, and my credit card will be charged then. I want to cancel my subscription before that happens. There's no way to remove my card info either...if I just delete it, I get a message saying I need to enter another card, and if I don't, those fields just repopulate with my old card information.

So I Emailed LP and we'll see what happens. Beyond the issues discussed above, it really ticks me off when any website blocks my attempts to cancel a subscription, either deliberately or because they're too incompetent to develop a decent site interface in 20+ yrs.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/19/20 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so confused!! The card they have on my account has expired and i contacted LP as well. I don't have that WNBA30 on my account so i don't know what that is. I really need someone from league pass to contact me or i will have to not get league pass and i have been a member for a long time.

How does one get that WNBA30 on their account. Can someone who has it please respond.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/19/20 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you want to cancel, simply put in a phony card number. They can't charge a card that doesn't exist.

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/19/20 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If you want to cancel, simply put in a phony card number. They can't charge a card that doesn't exist.

The website won't let you do that. I tried to remove my old card or replace it with an invalid one, and as soon I hit enter, the payment fields repopulated with my old card information.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/19/20 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The website won't let you do that. I tried to remove my old card or replace it with an invalid one, and as soon I hit enter, the payment fields repopulated with my old card information.

Ok, since we aren't planning the heist of the century here, I won't say you should do this. However, someone might try using a Visa gift car with money on it now, but all spent before the renewal date. Not advising this...... Wink

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 07/22/20 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I received my email today for a free sign up to the League Pass from the Mercury today. I am signed up for the summer.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 07/22/20 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
I received my email today for a free sign up to the League Pass from the Mercury today. I am signed up for the summer.

Thats nice I remember one year the NY Liberty did that for STHs

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/23/20 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the 'Current Subscriptions' section of My Account, the expiration date of my current access changed sometime in the last couple of days from July 23rd to August 16th. Apparently without charging me anything. So based on that I guess we are getting the first few weeks free if you're subscribed from last season. Still weird.

I don't mind paying the $16.99 in the least, I'd just like the whole thing to be structured better. There doesn't appear to be any easy way to opt-out of the renewal on the website, and unless I missed it I never even got the email you guys have discussed. This stuff shouldn't be particularly complicated.

PostPosted: 07/28/20 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone watched any games via League Pass yet? I know most of you have had them available on various TV channels. It's just that I'm having a technical issue, and want to know if it's just me, or if it's everyone. I basically can't use the DVR controls during live games. You can go back maybe one or two 5s periods with the little circle-arrow button, but that's it. You can't pause the game and then re-start it 20 minutes later from the same spot - it almost immediately jumps to live action. You also can't use the scan bar underneath to jump to a different point in the game - it just automatically jumps back to live. Everything works fine in archived games, but not live ones. This is annoying when I often want to pause one game and jump to another one.

Anyone else, or just me?

PostPosted: 07/28/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Anyone watched any games via League Pass yet? I know most of you have had them available on various TV channels. It's just that I'm having a technical issue, and want to know if it's just me, or if it's everyone. I basically can't use the DVR controls during live games. You can go back maybe one or two 5s periods with the little circle-arrow button, but that's it. You can't pause the game and then re-start it 20 minutes later from the same spot - it almost immediately jumps to live action. You also can't use the scan bar underneath to jump to a different point in the game - it just automatically jumps back to live. This ia annoying when I often want to pause one game and jump to another one.

Anyone else, or just me?

Yeah, I've had similar issues when watching live games. It's not just you.

PostPosted: 07/28/20 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. Good to know I'm not just nuts or doing something stupid.

My next question is does anyone have a tech support/complaint email address? I couldn't find anything.

PostPosted: 07/30/20 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found an email address, emailed them about it yesterday, got a reply saying they were aware of it and trying to fix it, and today it appears to be fixed! How's that for service? Smile

PostPosted: 07/30/20 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I found an email address, emailed them about it yesterday, got a reply saying they were aware of it and trying to fix it, and today it appears to be fixed! How's that for service? Smile

👍👍

PostPosted: 07/31/20 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully they fixed the disappearing problem too. Right in the middle of Carolyn Peck saying something, bingo the screen goes blank and there's no way to re-start it. Now I don't mind missing Peck's comments, but it would be nice to actually see the game.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 07/31/20 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've emailed them a few times and have had decent luck or advice in getting problems resolved. So I think they do try.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: