RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

6 WBB Players Test Positive on One Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 07/09/20 9:20 pm    ::: 6 WBB Players Test Positive on One Team Reply Reply with quote

I’ve seen the announcements come through with small numbers of college athletes testing positive for Covid when returning to campuses for voluntary workouts. Rarely are the announcements about WBB players, so I was surprised to see that 6 out of 14 tested positive at West Virginia. Consequently they’ve pushed workouts back two weeks.

https://www.wboy.com/top-stories/six-womens-basketball-players-three-additional-football-players-test-positive-for-covid-19/

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 07/09/20 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have my doubts about a basketball season even taking place at this point. The Ivy League will not be an outlier I’m afraid...

ripleydc

PostPosted: 07/10/20 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
I have my doubts about a basketball season even taking place at this point. The Ivy League will not be an outlier I’m afraid...

Unfortunately, I completely agree.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 07/12/20 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:

I agree with you. I was just thinking today I usually get my season ticket bill from Marquette in late July and was wondering if there would even be a 20-21 season to buy tickets for...

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/13/20 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
CalwbbFan wrote:

I agree with you. I was just thinking today I usually get my season ticket bill from Marquette in late July and was wondering if there would even be a 20-21 season to buy tickets for...

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Marquette will still send you a bill for the season even if they don't wind up playing Laughing Laughing

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 07/16/20 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would bet that there are many, many more players that have or had Covid, but did not show any symptoms and therefore did not get tested. Once they have it, they move on. Our team’s freshmen and transfer are arriving on campus today, with work outs starting next week. We are going forward as if the season is going to be normal.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/16/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe most schools are testing players when they arrive on campus and periodically thereafter. Apparently it was a second or third round of testing that yielded all the positives at Tenn last week.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 07/16/20 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not looking good: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-issues-next-set-return-sport-guidelines

“.... Today, sadly, the data point in the wrong direction. If there is to be college sports in the fall, we need to get a much better handle on the pandemic...”

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 07/16/20 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
CalwbbFan wrote:

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Marquette will still send you a bill for the season even if they don't wind up playing Laughing Laughing

I'm already figuring on it being a donation to the school this year pretty much along with the kids club memberships I usually buy. But they usually have some letter from the coach about the exciting upcoming season when they bill you and figuring you can't really do that this year because there's a decent chance there won't be a 20-21 college basketball season...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: