RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/28/20 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas just announced we will allow sporting events to have fans at a 25% capacity. I don’t like that at all , tempts me to go support the wings .

PostPosted: 05/29/20 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Texas just announced we will allow sporting events to have fans at a 25% capacity. I don’t like that at all , tempts me to go support the wings .

I'll be there....I've had enough of the lies and propaganda!!!

Shades

PostPosted: 05/29/20 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are they going to show the games on a big screen?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 05/29/20 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope y’all who attend Wings games (if they decide to allow fans/if the league opens) stay safe and cautious.

A Sacramento Kings player (rookie/G-league player Kyle Guy) lost his grandfather, who died from COVID-19. Minnesota Timberwolves Karl Anthony Towns parents died from COVID.
These NBA players, along with the WNBAs Stefanie Dolson, have urged people to be careful and take precautions.

I’ve had a friend/teammate test positive, multiple ER trips due to severity, and the need to quarantine, and he was urging ppl before he got sick to use hand sanitizer and be careful.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/29/20 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cathy Engelbert has stated that if a season takes place, it'll be without fans. And I doubt Dallas is being eyed as one of the "bubble" cities.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mannman

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
I hope y’all who attend Wings games (if they decide to allow fans/if the league opens) stay safe and cautious.

A Sacramento Kings player (rookie/G-league player Kyle Guy) lost his grandfather, who died from COVID-19. Minnesota Timberwolves Karl Anthony Towns parents died from COVID.
These NBA players, along with the WNBAs Stefanie Dolson, have urged people to be careful and take precautions.

I’ve had a friend/teammate test positive, multiple ER trips due to severity, and the need to quarantine, and he was urging ppl before he got sick to use hand sanitizer and be careful.

KAT's mother passed away, not his father. An important fact to know.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:

I must have misheard/misremembered as I believe both parents had the illness. Thank you for the correction.

Coming from a family that is immunocompromised, I mostly wanted to highlight the seriousness of the virus that I believe to be true. And at times that seriousness is seen when the effected are personal, or ‘famous’.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Sporting events now allowed in Georgia. The state more or less defers to the league for setting the standards though there are some "guidelines." Doubt we would see any WNBA games in Atlanta this year, and no I wouldn't be tempted to go even if they did. My team is now the Fever anyway. (Gee maybe that's not the best name now.)

mannman

PostPosted: 05/29/20 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:

I must have misheard/misremembered as I believe both parents had the illness. Thank you for the correction.

Coming from a family that is immunocompromised, I mostly wanted to highlight the seriousness of the virus that I believe to be true. And at times that seriousness is seen when the effected are personal, or ‘famous’.

My understanding is that both contracted the virus, but his father recovered.

stever

PostPosted: 06/02/20 6:08 pm    ::: Jefferson is "full go now" Reply Reply with quote

https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-sp-uconn-women-moriah-jefferson-20200531-20200602-kmy5w2j7cbhlpg7usrcnvdrvfi-story.html

Shades

PostPosted: 06/16/20 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/other-sports/article243550942.html

Quote:
“It’s disappointing we can’t play in front of our fans at the College Park Center, but I know the league is working really hard to give our fans a front-row seat through its broadcast partnerships,” Bibb said. “Locally, we’re going to work with Fox Sports Southwest to get however many games we can on locally to ensure that our fans have the most optimal viewing experience to watch Wings and WNBA basketball.”

Quote:
The WNBA will allow teams to hold voluntary workouts starting Friday, and Bibb expects the majority of the Wings to attend those before heading to Florida.

“We’re all eager now that we have a plan and a plan to ensure the safety and health of everyone involved,” Bibb said. “Now that we can do that, we’re ready to get the ball bouncing and see what we have with the Dallas Wings.”

toad455

PostPosted: 06/16/20 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:
“It’s disappointing we can’t play in front of our fans at the College Park Center, but I know the league is working really hard to give our fans a front-row seat through its broadcast partnerships,” Bibb said. “Locally, we’re going to work with Fox Sports Southwest to get however many games we can on locally to ensure that our fans have the most optimal viewing experience to watch Wings and WNBA basketball.”

Quote:
The WNBA will allow teams to hold voluntary workouts starting Friday, and Bibb expects the majority of the Wings to attend those before heading to Florida.

“We’re all eager now that we have a plan and a plan to ensure the safety and health of everyone involved,” Bibb said. “Now that we can do that, we’re ready to get the ball bouncing and see what we have with the Dallas Wings.”

Doesn't sound the like the Wings will have any players opt-out. I'd guess and say Ndour will be the only one not there for practice on Friday?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/16/20 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't sound the like the Wings will have any players opt-out. I'd guess and say Ndour will be the only one not there for practice on Friday?

This could actually benefit our confidence if other teams have marquee players sit out and were full strength .

PostPosted: 06/16/20 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

It'll be interesting if players like Delle Donne, Parker, Fowles, Stewart, etc. sit out. Could be an advantage for teams not having anyone sit out(i.e. Dallas, New York, Atlanta).

This could actually benefit our confidence if other teams have marquee players sit out and were full strength .

Shades

PostPosted: 06/16/20 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’m not sure why Harrison wouldn’t opt out with pay, unless she’s like Trump and thinks her hydroxychloroquine will make her immune.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/16/20 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’m not sure why Harrison wouldn’t opt out with pay, unless she’s like Trump and thinks her hydroxychloroquine will make her immune.

She has a history of autoimmune issues and its not new to the league .Id hope she sits out for sure. Whom else would you recommend to sit besides Izzy , EDD and ?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/aces/ex-aces-forward-isabelle-harrison-recovers-from-autoimmune-issue-1817613/

Quote:
Harrison was diagnosed with an undisclosed autoimmune issue before the 2018 season and never played for the Aces, casting doubt on her WNBA future.

PostPosted: 06/17/20 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wistv.com/2020/06/17/gamecocks-harris-named-sec-female-athlete-year/

Quote:

On Wednesday, the league announced the former Gamecocks point guard was named the SEC Female Athlete of the Year.

Harris led the top-ranked Gamecocks to a 32-1 record that included a perfect 16-0 record and a 26-game winning streak.

“This award says Athlete of the Year, but Ty Harris is much more than that,” South Carolina athletics director Ray Tanner said. “A selfless leader for one of the most successful programs in the country, she is a hard worker and an outstanding teammate as well. Ty is a great representative of the University of South Carolina and the SEC, and I’m ecstatic to see her receive this award.

PostPosted: 06/22/20 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/sports/lifes-playbook-the-harrisons-beautiful-father-daughter-dynamic/287-e791994d-c5f7-49fe-9396-4613e7b24712

Quote:
"It seemed like Italy was just always on the news," Dennis Harrison said, reliving his concern.
His daughter Isabelle was in Italy when COVID-19 struck.
"And we kept on saying, 'Well, she's south of that, so she's okay, she's south of that, so she's okay,'" he said

Quote:
Now Isabelle Harrison is back stateside, preparing for the upcoming WNBA season with the Wings. She is one of twelve children. She and her siblings each have followed in the footsteps of their father, who played for 10 years in the NFL.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/27/20 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Harrison is going to play based on a recent Tweet. Not a direct comment, but she mentioned their Nike travel suits and where she's headed.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/08/20 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena Bella Alarie is starting a YouTube channel.
Hopefully we can get some bubble vlogs.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/chWge_I444g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 07/09/20 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to be outdone by the rookie, here’s Harrison doing her vlog.
She seems way too chill for someone who reportedly has Lupus.
She shops at Walgreens a long time, gets her toenails did, gets some tooth jewelry. Not exactly keeping her distance for somebody who might be extra vulnerable. She never talks about having Lupus in this video. She vouched for the private hotel room over sharing a nicer villa. Get to see her being COVID tested. Some interesting stuff here.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qoNtmBxY95k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 07/14/20 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4uawPmyhjwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 07/21/20 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/21/20 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^^^their contract with College Park runs out after this year, so maybe they change arenas for 2021.

I've also heard they might be involved in the Austin NWSL expansion team.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/21/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be weird to do anything now, but the Toler lawsuit continues to be discussed (the Sparks are arguing it should go to binding arbitration) - and Agler is obviously named in it. This is unlikely to be it, but some point they may have to address/handle that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: