RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/injuries/etc. 19-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/19/20 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
Stanford's DiJonai Carrington announces final three of UConn, Oregon and Baylor.

Carrington, my advice to you is to go to a place that is warm during the winter months.
Baylor. Very Happy

Thanks for listening to my advice, D.C. Very Happy

Twisted Evil

well at least this way we won't have to play against her three or four times.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 05/19/20 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
Stanford's DiJonai Carrington announces final three of UConn, Oregon and Baylor.

Carrington, my advice to you is to go to a place that is warm during the winter months.
Baylor. Very Happy

Thanks for listening to my advice, D.C. Very Happy

Twisted Evil

well at least this way we won't have to play against her three or four times.

Probably a very good thing as we don’t have our Bear Slayer anymore. Will we ever beat Baylor again without our injection of Coffee?

~UK~

PostPosted: 06/01/20 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olivia Owens is transferring from Maryland to UK per her Twitter account.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/05/20 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After a mass exodus, Auburn landed somebody. Alaina Rice, MEAC Rookie of the Year, is transferring from Florida A&M. She's a 5'8 G
https://auburntigers.com/news/2020/6/4/womens-basketball-auburn-womens-hoops-adds-two-more-new-players.aspx

And 5'10 RS Jr G Caterrion Thompson is grad transferring to Mississippi State
https://hailstate.com/news/2020/6/4/womens-basketball-mccray-penson-announces-two-additions-to-2020-signing-class.aspx

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Dara Mabrey announced her intended destination?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/11/20 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asia Todd, a women's basketball player at Liberty University, announced she's transferring because of "racial insensitivities" shown by school leadership.

Two weeks ago LU president Jerry Falwell Jr. tweeted a picture of a face mask with a photo of someone in blackface and a person in KKK robes superimposed on it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ncaa/libertys-asia-todd-transfers-due-racial-insensitivities-school

A 5-9 freshman from Clayton, N.C., Todd averaged 8.6 points in 26 minutes a game and shot 41.3 percent on 3-pointers. She was selected to the conference's All-Freshmen Team in her first year with the Flames while also receiving All-Tournament Team acknowledgment after averaging 18 points per game during the ASUN Women's Basketball Championship.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/11/20 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Has Dara Mabrey announced her intended destination?

Yes per her Ig she’s headed to where we all assumed Coach Ivey and https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUFOdNpX8i/?igshid=u4s9wp2lhhyb

PostPosted: 06/28/20 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw an interesting interview about a player who transferred two times in college. I thought it was relevant here because often people ask why a player transferred and they never know why because most kids just don't really speak to it.

This is an interview with Ariana Freeman, she played at Louisville, transferred to Colorado, but Colorado fired her coach so she transferred a year later for graduate school at George Mason. Good perspective on some of these kids decisions. Playing time and coaching change seemed to be two factors in her moves, but also the opportunity to get a masters degree at George Mason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_npiQOlLjo

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/28/20 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asia Todd, who took to Twitter to announce her transfer from Liberty because of "racial insensitivities" on the part of its president, Jerry Falwell, Jr, has landed at UCF. (They seem to have pounced quickly. Smart of them. She's good. I've seen her.)
https://ucfknights.com/news/2020/6/27/-w-basketball-knights-add-transfer-asia-todd.aspx

PostPosted: 06/29/20 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karissa McLaughlin, a senior-to-be at Purdue and their leader, is going to have ankle surgery and miss the upcoming season (if we have one).

A question was posed asking if maybe this had been scheduled for earlier in the spring, but after the pandemic hit and non-life threatening surgeries were shelved for a couple of months, if she is just now able to get this surgery.

Anyway, will be a big loss for the Boilers this season.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/29/20 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephanie Watts is headed back to UNC.
https://goheels.com/news/2020/6/29/womens-basketball-tar-heels-welcome-watts-back-to-chapel-hill.aspx

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
~UK~

PostPosted: 06/29/20 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deasia Merrill is transferring from UK. She sat out her freshman year with a knee injury.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/29/20 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Karissa McLaughlin, a senior-to-be at Purdue and their leader, is going to have ankle surgery and miss the upcoming season (if we have one).

A question was posed asking if maybe this had been scheduled for earlier in the spring, but after the pandemic hit and non-life threatening surgeries were shelved for a couple of months, if she is just now able to get this surgery.

That's what I read on the Lafayette paper website.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/30/20 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

That's what I read on the Lafayette paper website.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I just read it and was coming here to update my post. This is just yet another way the pandemic has affected so many things in our lives. And something that never would have crossed my mind had this situation not unfolded.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/30/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
Deasia Merrill is transferring from UK. She sat out her freshman year with a knee injury.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/uk-wbbs-deasia-merrill-to-transfer/

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/13/20 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OrSU's Patricia Morris entered the transfer portal.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 07/13/20 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
OrSU's Patricia Morris entered the transfer portal.

I don't remember ever getting to see her play....is she any good?

PostPosted: 07/13/20 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She got limited minutes in Corvallis, but she's 6-7 ans shot 63% from the floor in the time she did get. She could be very successful in a smaller conference.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/13/20 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought she showed a lot of promise, but it is not surprising considering the bigs Scottie has. He clearly fell in love with his Freshmen last year, has another big coming in this year and a couple of seniors he will give minutes to, probably in front of her even if they aren't as good... And I agree she could get many more minutes elsewhere - even in a power conference with the right team.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 07/13/20 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I thought she showed a lot of promise, but it is not surprising considering the bigs Scottie has. He clearly fell in love with his Freshmen last year, has another big coming in this year and a couple of seniors he will give minutes to, probably in front of her even if they aren't as good... And I agree she could get many more minutes elsewhere - even in a power conference with the right team.

Dang. I just checked their upcoming roster: 8 gals @ 6' or taller. 2 @ 6'9".... Shocked I can see how that move isn't remotely surprising.

PostPosted: 07/25/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kellie Harper adds another grad transfer to the Lady Vols. Jordan Walker is a 5'8 G coming from Western Michigan who will be a RS junior with 2 years of eligibility left. She was the Broncos leading scorer last season, averaging 16.0 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.1 steals per game while shooting 39 percent on field goals and 32 percent on three-pointers. Welcome to Knoxville, Jordan!

Last edited by summertime blues on 07/26/20 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/25/20 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Kellie Harper adds another grad transfer to the Lady Vols. Jordan Walker is a 5'5 G coming from Western Michigan who will be a RS junior with 2 years of eligibility left. She was the Broncos leading scorer last season, averaging 16.0 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.1 steals per game while shooting 39 percent on field goals and 32 percent on three-pointers. Welcome to Knoxville, Jordan!

That addition is HUGE since Tenn has been sorely lacking an experienced PG since Massengill's exodus. Hopefully Walker can adapt to the SEC's level of play quickly.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 07/31/20 4:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penn State’s leading scorer has entered the portal. Kamaria McDaniel was second in B1G in PPG.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-state-womens-basketball-star-kamaria-mcdaniel-enters-transfer-portal,1483745/

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/31/20 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Penn State’s leading scorer has entered the portal. Kamaria McDaniel was second in B1G in PPG.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-state-womens-basketball-star-kamaria-mcdaniel-enters-transfer-portal,1483745/

Wow, this is extremely late. I wonder if she already has a destination in mind. I mean, tomorrow is August 1st. Many schools have had players back on campus for a couple of weeks now. This is weird timing.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 07/31/20 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Wow, this is extremely late. I wonder if she already has a destination in mind. I mean, tomorrow is August 1st. Many schools have had players back on campus for a couple of weeks now. This is weird timing.

I thought the same thing. I wonder if she is finishing her degree early and will grad transfer. McDaniel was the last of Coquese’s players from Michigan. The others transferred to Michigan State.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: