RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 06/24/20 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Karen Bass appears to be on Biden's VP list

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rep-karen-bass-is-being-vetted-as-part-of-joe-bidens-vice-presidential-search/2020/06/23/ad425502-b59e-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html?outputType=amp

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/25/20 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carly Fiorina siding with Biden.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/carly-fiorina-vote-biden/613474/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/25/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F5iDicYiS2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 06/26/20 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JQ6_y31MVDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/20 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/caIuUZwLQ0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 07/04/20 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

... vs Kanye West?
https://variety.com/2020/music/news/kanye-west-president-running-twitter-1234698326/

I smell a scam to take the black vote away from Biden.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/05/20 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cenk Uygur, a who has a YouTube political show called The Young Turks, thinks that Biden would prefer Warren because he likes her and he suspects he doesn’t like Harris (this is personally, not policy). He also feels that Warren is a better fundraiser with the big donors.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/05/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
... vs Kanye West?
https://variety.com/2020/music/news/kanye-west-president-running-twitter-1234698326/

I smell a scam to take the black vote away from Biden.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

What an insult to African Americans, to think ENOUGH of them might be THAT stupid for that tactic to work. I can just see Kanye on the debate stages now.... Razz

PostPosted: 07/06/20 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
... vs Kanye West?

... vs the Dark Angel

https://twitter.com/angel_35/status/1280012981540012032

Quote:
I will also be running for president #2020VISION

PostPosted: 07/06/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 07/07/20 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JRXUP8c4kgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 07/08/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Transferred over to this thread from a less-apropos Coronavirus thread.)

I found this set of guidelines online. Might be excellent pointers for the media:
Quote:
Daughter of MLK and Coretta Scott King posted this advice as the next 6 months are going to get “real”:
1. Don't use his name; EVER (45 will do);
2. Remember this is a regime and he's not acting alone;
3. Do not argue with those who support him--it doesn't work;
4. Focus on his POLICIES, not his orange-ness and his mental state;
5. Keep your message positive (they want the country to be angry and
fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will
grow);
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk;
7. Support artists and the arts;
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it;
9. Take care of yourselves; and
10. Resist!

When you post or talk about him, don't assign his actions to him, assign them to "The Republican Administration," or "The Republicans." This will have several effects: the Republican legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don't like; he will not get the focus of attention he craves.

These ideas, in combination with focusing on the Real News, might go a long way in righting the ship.

PostPosted: 07/08/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-vZp3FAQZvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Shades on 07/08/20 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/08/20 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/omGUayNDNnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 07/09/20 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump gets a Supreme Court win. They threw the case about him having to give his tax records back to the lower court. They didn't say that he was immune from having to provide them as Trump's lawyers had argued, but they did cause a delay by sending it down that will push any decision past the 2020 election.

Howee, I hope you have ordered his niece's book. She is a trained clinical psychologist and some released excerpts have her referring to him as "having all the traits of....".

Shades

PostPosted: 07/10/20 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ffDri0B_lWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/10/20 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
You're going to vote for Biden regardless of who his running mate is. People vote the top of the ticket.

You're talking about my vote. That's one person. On election day.

That was the context of the discussion, what do potential running mates offer electorally. The answer for all of them is nothing. Nobody is going to vote based on who is chosen for an irrelevant position.

I think generally you're right in that people vote for the candidate they want as President, but this time around might be different. There are many, many people who don't want either Trump or Biden as POTUS, for a variety of reasons, and they may decide not to vote in the Presidential election at all, or vote for a write-in candidate who has no chance of winning. If there's a hope in hell that the Democratic VP candidate ends up in the Oval Office, that may persuade some of them to vote for Biden.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/10/20 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
You're going to vote for Biden regardless of who his running mate is. People vote the top of the ticket.

That was the context of the discussion, what do potential running mates offer electorally. The answer for all of them is nothing. Nobody is going to vote based on who is chosen for an irrelevant position.

I think generally you're right in that people vote for the candidate they want as President, but this time around might be different. There are many, many people who don't want either Trump or Biden as POTUS, for a variety of reasons, and they may decide not to vote in the Presidential election at all, or vote for a write-in candidate who has no chance of winning. If there's a hope in hell that the Democratic VP candidate ends up in the Oval Office, that may persuade some of them to vote for Biden.

I think there were many evangelicals who voted for Trump because of Pence...and will do so again. Actually I personally know a number of them. So I do think it's important who Biden picks and it could make a big difference to certain blocs...which is why I'm guessing it's taking so long for it all to be analyzed before he names her.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/10/20 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:

I think there were many evangelicals who voted for Trump because of Pence...and will do so again. Actually I personally know a number of them. So I do think it's important who Biden picks and it could make a big difference to certain blocs...which is why I'm guessing it's taking so long for it all to be analyzed before he names her.

It's taking no longer than it normally does. VP candidates are usually named right before the convention. 538 had a story about timing a few weeks ago.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/11/20 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:

It's taking no longer than it normally does. VP candidates are usually named right before the convention. 538 had a story about timing a few weeks ago.

Four years ago Pence was announced on July 15th, Kaine a week later

PostPosted: 07/11/20 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:

Four years ago Pence was announced on July 15th, Kaine a week later

And four years ago, the conventions were earlier. Each of those were announced 3 days before their respective conventions started. That timeline would have Biden announce on August 14.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-biden-probably-wont-announce-his-running-mate-for-months/

Shades

PostPosted: 07/11/20 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p00fxoDpaIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/20 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kanye West drops out

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/kanyes-short-lived-attempt-to-get-on-the-2020-ballot.html

Quote:
This all seemed real enough, and I reached out to West’s publicist for a response. The initial response was to loop in another spokesperson on the email. West’s team then went dark. As I waited for a response, I followed up with Kramer who told me, “He’s out.”

I asked what happened. “I’ll let you know what I know once I get all our stuff canceled. We had over 180 people out there today,” Kramer said.

PostPosted: 07/15/20 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe I oughtn't, but....I feel some pity for Kanye. Mental illness is tough enough, but when you're uber-rich and it affords you the opportunity to do things like this -- sincere (for the moment) or not -- you're not helping ANYONE.

45 is living proof that the combination does not work well, certainly in roles of national leadership.

PostPosted: 07/20/20 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvvD2EPOqaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: